Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,694 members, 7,837,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. (746 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike / Amusa Shittu Is Dead (Former Nigerian International, aka 'The Bulldozer') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by hollandis(f): 8:02am On Jan 17, 2010
I enjoyed the second half i the match against Benin because shittu showed why he should be the rock of the defence as against yobo.

check out this formation(N.B) I am not mindful about the attack because it is a potent force with the absence of Yakubu

ENYEAMA
APAM SHITTU
YOBO ECHIEJELE

OR

ENYEAMA

SHITTU
YOBO APAM

ODIAH MIKEL ECHIEJELE
what do y'll think?
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by ochukoccna: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
God Bless U for stating the obvious.
Many seem to have forgotten or better still know that David Moyes [Everton coach] was the one who converted Yobo to a central defender. Traditionally, Yobo started playing as a striker & went on to be a right full back , a position [the latter] he played in Nigeria 99 and the 2002 WC. Those old enough should still remember his marauding run which resulted in Agahowa's goal against Sweden in South Korea. I believe that is his best role as he would have the central defender cover up for him seeing he makes some unpardonable gaffes  @ times when playing as a central defender.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by hollandis(f): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2010
Its a pity that we have a lot of talents capable of winning both the Nations cup and world cup.
I dont want to believe that Amodu is as daft as he acts
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by Katsumoto: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
hollandis:

Its a pity that we have a lot of talents capable of winning both the Nations cup and world cup.
I dont want to believe that Amodu is as daft as he acts

You had better believe he is that daft. He is also a tribalist; playing a very unfit and useless Yakubu before other fit strikers because they are from the same place. If Martins is not fit, then Ogbuke should be the main striker with Osaze and Nsofor supporting him.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by AndreUweh(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2010
Danny Shittu's moments were at the last cup of nations in Ghana. He can not produce that superlative perfomance again. He hardly features for his lowly-placed premiership club Bolton. Am sure you saw how the Benin boys were turning him iside out. Shittu is just a joke.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by Katsumoto: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Danny Shittu's moments were at the last cup of nations in Ghana. He can not produce that superlative perfomance again. He hardly features for his lowly-placed premiership club Bolton. Am sure you saw how the Benin boys were turning him iside out. Shittu is just a joke.

Like everyone else, Shittu has his strengths and weaknesses. He is not quick but he plays with a big heart and committment. He was blocking shots with his body, heading balls out of the box. If Shittu is beaten, it would be by someone quicker than him unlike Yobo who goes to sleep from time to time and still believes defending is about swinging your leg.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by chidyke77(m): 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Andre
Forget abt benching a player in his club cos some are done delibrately by racist managers. I also wnt to tel u dat bench warmers in their clubs like proving their managers wrong by giving their best when playing for their respective countries,its nt only peculiar to Africans bt to all d footballers irrespective of country of origin. U cn take clubside own as an example.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by AndreUweh(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2010
chidyke77:

@Andre
Forget abt benching a player in his club cos some are done delibrately by racist managers. I also wnt to tel u dat bench warmers in their clubs like proving their managers wrong by giving their best when playing for their respective countries,its nt only peculiar to Africans bt to all d footballers irrespective of country of origin. U cn take clubside own as an example.
You are right, that nothwithstanding, Shittu has lost it. Why haven't other clubs bought him. I watched Nigeria vs Ireland last May at Craven Cottage and Shittu had a nightmare that evening. Nigeria will be humiliated if we line him up against Lionel Messi, Aguero etc on June 12.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by 12large: 3:29am On Jan 18, 2010
my guy hittu did not play against ireland so you are talking rubbish. agaisnt technical team like argentina we need apam and adeleye because they already know argentina in and out, but against physical team like germany,ivory coast,england shittu is the answer
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by chidyke77(m): 7:32am On Jan 18, 2010
I cnt remember clearly d defenders that we used during that france friendly,i think they are ok. Yobo,nwaneri shuldn'nt be making d top list coz they hav faded.
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by Katsumoto: 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
12large:

my guy hittu did not play against ireland so you are talking rubbish. agaisnt technical team like argentina we need apam and adeleye because they already know argentina in and out, but against physical team like germany,ivory coast,england shittu is the answer

Correct
Re: Shittu Is Better Than Yobo N Central Defence,yobo Should Play Right Full Back. by Katsumoto: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
chidyke77:

I cnt remember clearly d defenders that we used during that france friendly,i think they are ok. Yobo,nwaneri shuldn'nt be making d top list coz they hav faded.

Adeleye was in central defence; cant remember who partnered him.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen / Ghana Beats Gabon! / Stephen Keshi Gets A Facebook Fanpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.