Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,756 members, 7,813,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe (13537 Views)

Why Did Nigeria Change From Righthand Drive To Lefthand Drive? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by komekn(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
Originalsly:

You lost me. Is it they don't drive much or very slow in Mauritania or Mali?... because you got lost in Miami....and.....were surrounded by gang bangers....but are still alive to share. So what really is the reality?...or is that really fear of fear and paranoid delusion?

You are it seems to me in agreement with the notion by some, that this proposed trip is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and therefore FEAR is by implication inseparable from the notion or rather proposition, that this journey is VERY DANGEROUS , LIFE-THREATENING and ALMOST NEAR SUICIDAL.

I have already detailed the level of safety with regards to this journey.

The fear and danger that you talk about is related to the issues of armed brigands, bandits and jihadists that are supposedly running wild with reckless abandon in Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso,etc, am i right to presume ?

The reference to MIAMI was in comparison to say that there FAR GREATER 1000% LIKELY-HOOD of a person getting car jacked or mugged and subsequently being killed in Miami or in some other parts of the USA than on this trip. However, very few people would associate going to the assumed peaceful serenity of the USA with danger. I highlighted that position from my own personal experience.

But in that assumption is the DELUSION.

Between 2014 and 2017, 56,755 Americans were killed by guns - http://www.theweek.co.uk/91679/us-gun-violence-in-six-chilling-statistics
that death toll is less than the numbers killed y Boko Haram in Nigeria since it started in 20111. However, millions of people across the globe are queuing up taking dowright abuse to secure a US visa for the privilege to go there.

I am attempting to prove and substantiate my position with statistical evidence and not just hearsay , to say its much safer to drive from London to Warri than doing similar in the USA.

Therefore the fear of this trip is simply paranoid delusion.
Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by Originalsly: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
komekn:

I have already detailed the level of safety with regards to this journey.

The fear and danger that you talk about is related to the issues of armed brigands, bandits and jihadists that are supposedly running wild with reckless abandon in Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso,etc, am i right to presume ?

You have a right to presume.... but that your presumption is way off. Like you outlined earlier...and supported by your friends in Warri.... I do agree with you and believe the danger of such a trip is on entering Nigeria....not in the other countries along the way. I don't believe it is extremely dangerous. ...but the risk would be higher than normal.
On the US being dangerous....quoting the stats on homicides to support that it is wayyy more likely for someone to be killed travelling across the US....that's unfair...unless you make a comparison by also posting similar stats about Nigeria. The posted stats just adds to paranoia .... that the US is unsafe. BTW....with all the shootings and homicides ...do you know suicides more than double homicides? ...and you can surprise yourself by finding out about deaths caused by drugs.
Again....I look at things objectively.
Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by komekn(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2018
Originalsly:

You have a right to presume.... but that your presumption is way off. Like you outlined earlier...and supported by your friends in Warri.... I do agree with you and believe the danger of such a trip is on entering Nigeria....not in the other countries along the way. I don't believe it is extremely dangerous. ...but the risk would be higher than normal.
On the US being dangerous....quoting the stats on homicides to support that it is wayyy more likely for someone to be killed travelling across the US....that's unfair...unless you make a comparison by also posting similar stats about Nigeria. The posted stats just adds to paranoia .... that the US is unsafe. BTW....with all the shootings and homicides ...do you know suicides more than double homicides? ...and you can surprise yourself by finding out about deaths caused by drugs.
Again....I look at things objectively.

thank you

What do you think are the risks ?
Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 03, 2018
For anyone seriously interested.

This documentary followed two big rigs from Morocco to Senegal.

Look at the types of vehicles in this rest area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ILu4RAP0g

Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by knwogu: 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
@Komekn: I am just seeing this post now. I am definitely down. I am in the US and can meet up in Spain or UK.
We can connect to discuss logistics. Let me know

1 Like

Re: Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe by dotman62: 1:56am On Feb 06, 2020
Hi, did this trip happen? I'm working on a august 2020 trip. also anyone interested

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Defective Spark Plug In Your Car / Mercedes Is Spending $1 Billion To Go Electric In Alabama / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.