Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh (17924 Views)

Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 30, 2017
Hmm I foresee rise in the price of yams locally, its time to stock up on yams.

A tuber of yam could go high as N3,000 each.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 30, 2017
Bunch of deluded propagandist!
Hunger pervades the land, yet some d.umb mofo is talking about exportation!
The nomad n cohorts are HELL personified!
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 30, 2017
SubtleFRED:
Making what is already scarce more scarce is madness.
We struggle to buy a tuber for #200 here and you want to export the little we're managing in a bid to do what exactly? Better the economy or what?
Seems like this government is truly out to finish us but we'd pull through.
where do you buy for #200, it's about #500 averagely in akure.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by ikorodureporta: 1:38pm On May 30, 2017
Dis man dey always minister strange things. If him be teacher, i pity d student grin na so him give census figures of animal dat day cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by tmeg: 1:38pm On May 30, 2017
Useless people that can not feed themselves
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by adetes: 1:39pm On May 30, 2017
Veey soon w might nt able to buy yam in this country
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Emmyphil8: 1:41pm On May 30, 2017
Abeg make una export another tin. We neva chop yam belefull finish una won export am. So dat d only food wey we like go begin cost. Pounded yam, white soup, yam porridge, fried yam and even yam wit oil go become expensive commodity.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2017
This guy should wake up Yam has been in the UK mkt frm 9ja since 2000 .
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 30, 2017
good plan but just not sensitive to know how Nigerians don't have enough of it to eat...
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by veraponpo(m): 2:00pm On May 30, 2017
imhere:
Are we really ripe for that, do we have enough to cater for us, yam is very very costly where i am residing even as we have not started exporting yet, not to talk of when we start. Although it is a good idea, i think we should first of all strenghen some things before we do

That is a business opportunity for you and I.

Please go and farm and supply tubers of yam both home and abroad.

Stop saying there is no job when we have jobs staring at us.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by adewale1: 2:01pm On May 30, 2017
Contact us for the below detail.

1. Governor's Consent

2. Certificate of Occupancy. (C of O)

3. Building Plan Approval (Business Center, Commercial, Residential or for Religion purpose)

4. Architectural Drawing

5. Survey Plan

6. Certified True Copy (CTC) Of Root of Titles

7. Construction

8. General Contractor

Why stress yourself or driving to Ministry of Land, Alausa or Physical PLanning everyday with no result or your file lost in the process or your project delayed by Land Officers. Let our professional trained Staff help you get this done within time light. We have records and proof all around, Lekki, Opic, Isheri North, Magodo. Just to name but few.
You're also welome to our Office situated at MKO ABiola Garden, Alausa Ikeja.
For: MightySparrow Crown LTD
Mr Taiwo Adewale on 08183433898
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Godwin43801: 2:02pm On May 30, 2017
Are you tired of loosing? Are you planning on giving up? Here is your only possible solution. you can decide to doubt while others keep hitting it big.. Check out my Details below and Get ready to smile..
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by drnoel: 2:04pm On May 30, 2017
imhere:
Are we really ripe for that, do we have enough to cater for us, yam is very very costly where i am residing even as we have not started exporting yet, not to talk of when we start. Although it is a good idea, i think we should first of all strenghen some things before we do

Allow the charlatan. Ask them who buys the yam they want to export? Nigerians in diaspora. God help us if yams in naija start costing like they do in diaspora.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Ruggedpen: 2:04pm On May 30, 2017
imhere:
LEAVE THAT MOFO HE ONCE SAID RICE IS 10K I CHECKED IN THE MARKET THE ONLY PLACE IS 10K IS ONLINE IN FRONT OF HIS PICTURE.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Goshoreb(m): 2:10pm On May 30, 2017
PLEASE HELP ME, I AM BLIND (Attah's Concept) (Episode 3)

Watch this VERY FUNNY video PLEASE HELP ME, I AM BLIND and remove your anxiety and sorrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-iCrVgZ4U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by KENFERDYOORI(m): 2:11pm On May 30, 2017
That's it! Diversification of economy... not oil all the times.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by aolawale025: 2:15pm On May 30, 2017
This is another disconnected policy of this government. I spent #2500 to buy five tubers of yam yesterday. He would have made a lot of sense if he talked of self sufficiency.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Sanemind(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2017
U want to export yam,but back home common man neva see yam chop!!
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by purplekayc(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2017
This guy needs a slap
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by bellyjean(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2017
I weep for this country.

Have we attained self sufficiency in food production?
Can we say we have scored a 70% in food security?
What about developing a quality value chain for our agricultural products?

Aren't we running in circles if we foolishly enslave ourselves just as we did in petroleum; where we sell raw materials (crude) and buy back tens of refined products (PMI, DPK, AGS etc).

What is this unbridled cravings for cheap dollars? How does a government create an enabling environment for economic development and inclusive growth vis-à-viz job creation especially at a time the nation demands diversification in the economy?

We wanted sufficiency in rice, but our local farmers prefer to sell rice to neighbouring countries (Niger Chad etc). What is happening to us? Is it the hunger for dollar or what? Mind you, our naira is devalued so those farmers are getting less than the worth of their goods.

If one can buy a made-in-KENYa chocolate in Nigeria, why can't we have our cocoa transformed into feedstocks for chocolate, candy, biscuit, beverage, cosmetics industries, and export to other countries?

If India can package some shitty brown rice and say it is medicinal and export to other countries, why can't we transform our yam to elubo, ikokore etc and package as well, put directions for cooking and state the medicinal values and sell to them instead of exporting the freshly harvested yam

Banana flour is known for its potency in preventing and curing diabetes and prostate cancer, we can be world leaders in terms of research in food and herbal medicine.

Our leaders must be visionary. While we seek immediate measures to lift our dear nation out of recession, our ultimate aim must be to develop Nigeria and not underdevelop her by shortchanging ourselves.

Exportation in exchange for dollars isn't going to solve our problems but complicate it. Let us provide goods and services for the local population first before we export.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Prince4mic: 2:19pm On May 30, 2017
still wondering who eats yam in Europe apart from fellow Nigerians and a few African neighbor in the Diaspora...

please provide enough for the masses
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by kceewhyte(m): 2:23pm On May 30, 2017
yam eaters wan export yam now​ grin
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by kceewhyte(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2017
Emmyphil8:
Abeg make una export another tin. We neva chop yam belefull finish una won export am. So dat d only food wey we like go begin cost. Pounded yam, white soup, yam porridge, fried yam and even yam wit oil go become expensive commodity.
make them export LIE abi grin
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by VEE2010(m): 2:37pm On May 30, 2017
Misplaced priority. Instead of them to think of how to attain food sufficiency as a country, they are planning to sell out the little we have just to score cheap political point. The same problem that is affecting our refineries, our refineries are not operating on its full scale capacity due to short fall of crude supply but ironically, we are selling millions of barrels per day. This is a case of a mama put that feed strangers for pay while her children are starved and left to die. Who knows, this may be another lie just an attempt to say something even when there is nothing to be said.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by Tecno66: 2:42pm On May 30, 2017
This people no serious. I think the first target should be self surficiency. We never see yam chop for naija u dey talk of export. Recycled leaders. We are in digital age but you are talking analogue.
Yarnvibes:
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, has said that arrangements had been concluded for the first container of yams to leave the shores of Nigeria for the European continent on the 29th of June this year.

He disclosed this in Abuja during a chat with journalists on the achievements of his Ministry since the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government took over power two years ago.

Ogbeh stated that, within the next two years, Nigeria’s agricultural sector will regain its lost glory at the world stage as a major food producer and exporter.

He noted that apart from yam that will soon be added to the list of farm produce Nigeria exports to the rest of the world, the country was doing well in the exportation of vegetables, beans and cowpeas to India, as well as cashew to Vietnam.

The Minister further said that without the support of Nigerians who heeded the call of President Buhari to take agriculture seriously and shift focus away from oil, the giant strides the country was making in the exportation of farm produce would have been impossible.

He said: “In another two years, we will be back on the world stage where every country had recognized and expected Nigeria to live up to the name – Major Food Producer.

“On the 29th of June this year, the first container of yams will be leaving the shores of Nigeria for UK.

“Yes, we have been dealing with vegetables and a lot of other produce already and we will continue to be selling pulses mainly beans and cowpeas to India.

“We will soon be back exporting cocoa again on a large scale, although we are exporting very little now; and cashew nuts to Vietnam which we intend to start processing here very soon.

“The processed cashew nuts will be exported to Wal-Mart and other major supermarkets across the globe.

“We are on our way. It is just about time.

“The beautiful thing is that Nigerians make me proud. In spite of the trauma they have been through, their response to the call by the President to return to agriculture has been absolutely successful – Young and old, civil servants, military men, journalists, everybody is on his way back to agriculture.

“We only have the challenge, now, of giving them what they need, and we will definitely meet that challenge.”

On the exportation of processed food as against raw farm produce, Ogbeh said that Nigeria had all it takes to effectively play in the international processed food market, stressing that most of what Nigerians ate were already processed foods.

He however said that procurement of machineries, stable electricity, and sudden drop in the value of Naira are some of the challenges that need to be surmounted before the country can play effectively in the processed food market globally?

“We have to process what we grow. There are very few things we eat raw especially vegetables and fruits. But rice, sugar, milk, sorghum, millet, cassava – among those items; we are almost there.

“Nigerians may find that difficult to accept now because the prices are so high and that can be explained by the sudden drop in the value of the Naira. Machineries need to be procured. We need to stabilize electricity otherwise the cost of production and processing gets too high.

“Otherwise, there is no question whether Nigeria can or will get there. It is just a matter of time.

“Unfortunately, for agriculture once a country slows down like we did for nearly 30 years, it becomes difficult to restart the engine.

“But for Nigeria, the people are incredible and they are doing it. It took Brazil 30 years and India 50 years to be able to get to where they are now. It won’t take us that long.

“In 10 years, I tell you, people across planet earth who want to respect Nigeria on agriculture will definitely have to do so; because they have no choice. We are on our way.”

http://fabinfos.com/nigeria-will-start-exporting-yams-to-europe-in-june-2017-agric-minister-ogbeh/

Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by adecz: 2:44pm On May 30, 2017
Nobody sabi quote
fake, irrelevant statistics
like the Minister...

After two years, all his
achievements are always
in future tense.... Its always
"we shall, we will, we go".. Never
we have...

He is one of the disasters
& tragedies of the PMB
govt.

Listen & believe this man
@ your own risk .

You have been warned!!!! angry
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by pansophist(m): 2:45pm On May 30, 2017
But I don de chop yam all my life for Europe na, abi na special yam be this one?
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by able20(m): 2:46pm On May 30, 2017
Otradearena:
Joke of the day
Nigeria is moving. 1st it was Ugu export yesterday
Today it's Yam
Tomorrow it will be Amala & ewudu
Already we export kolanut and Dogonyaro leaves
Naija will be great again.
Re: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh by damoneymag(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2017
when i look at the agricultural sector, and the so called effort of the government to diversify into it, i just weep. All i see is hypocrisy every where.
First, they want every one graduates inclusive to hit the farm and my question is this ; with what implements? ooh pls dont tell me hoes and cutlasses because i'm sure you're aware that we are in the 21st century and not in the 18th
Secoundly, what policies have been put in place to attract people into the sector. Like: easy access to arable land, interest free or low interest loans, storage facilities, simply farm machineries e.t.c.
If i know i can easily get a good farming land, improved seedlings and a small multi-purpose tractor, and have the facility to store the crops produced. Pls tell me why anybody will not want to be a farmer.
If Nigeria can quit this shallow approach to diversification into agriculture and do the needful, one year is enough for us to attain self sufficiency and even become mega exporters of food.
My opinion though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Engages 17,000 Youths In Rabbit Farming / Obiano Flags-off Farming Season For Delfarm Anambra Songhai Project - Photos / Abia Rice To Be Launched Before The End Of 2016 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.