Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Interview (372 Views)

NPS List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 Invited For The Interview / I Failed The Interview, But Still Got The Job! / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Interview by davingtonbull: 11:52am On May 30, 2017
The Interview 1

A real life experience please do comment and criticise
Your criticism would be highly appreciated
Caution to every Jon seekers out there.

Daniel woke up early in the morning,though sleep never came visiting the last night. "Nothing would ever make him lose this job" he said to himself. Network aren't helping matters a bit with their fluctuating edge here and there, he glued his face to his phone like one awaiting rapture waiting for a text- the address of his next job from a God sent contact. Its already past 7 and anticipation rising beyond the bar,silently mumbling complains on the poor network reception for his misfortune.

At last China shook -his China phone vibrated like a Hiroshima quake on Japanese soil, "Union Homes" 9am prompt, please dress properly.
Within a flash Daniel dressed up ready to take his next job, he set out for a 2hour:20 minutes drive with one hour left to his goal. Traffic was minimal today all thanks to "Okada" that could easily pierce and penetrate every bone and marrow of the ever congested Lagos/Apapa road. A call came in from a Hr friend he met a week ago: Daniel how are you doing?

"I am fine" he replied

Got your mail do you really care for an assistant position, so i send down the details for you. He politely turned down the role for an unknown big role.

He got the gate of Union Homes called his contact who placed him on hold. Off the record, job seekers have this distinctive looks, this passionate look of one who lost something precious, so focus and desperate to get out of their economic misery and reap the labour of their educational toils. "Helllooo, are you here for An interview ?" someone asked. Surprised, Daniel looked up and asked

How may i help you? The stranger smiled,"if you are here for the interview FOLLOW ME the process is already on."

He was still in shock how the fellow knew he was there for the interview, he checked himself allover if any placard or badge gave him away as a jobseeker, sheepishly he followed. Daniel commenced a conversation with the stranger, do you mind telling me your name? Your organization name and what your organisation are into?

The stranger calmly answered "is it not job interview you came for, "no be job you dey find"? FOLLOW ME! Daniel looked into the stranger's face like really *in thought* FOLLOW ME!! This is not Galilee nor the era of Jesus Christ when he called Simon Peter and Andrew to FOLLOW HIM,this is Lagos where every human head is a potential intgrident for the money making soup. Mr man,well done sir, if you can't confidently reveal what you are into i can't follow you, Daniel replied; mind you, you never invited me down here and so he flee just like the devil from the rebuke of Christ in the wilderness.

Patiently he waited hoping for his contact to come out from the Union Homes building. A gentleman walked down to him, his chunky face brimming with smile. You are here for the interview, aren't you? Yes, Daniel replied at the homely figure standing before him. Why not come with me to the venue, he said to him.

His university days scenario flashed back at him where various fellowship members including him intensively
Intensively engaged in catching converts young, especially freshmen.

I am waiting for one Mr. Martins, he replied to the friendly invite. My name is Manuel,Martins is my junior colleague and he is tied to his desk now, we work in the same department.

The stranger sounded assuring Daniel wasn't convinced because he came through the wrong way. Doesn't his mobile number ends with 538? The stranger asked. He raced through his phone and confirmed; yes it is. A sparkling glee grew round his face like dog who has won a trophy bone

"come with me you are in a safe hands" the stranger said.

In his conscious slumber, Daniel realised he has been dragged away from his "Union Home dream". .......
To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Marketers Needed Urgently / Google For Entrepreneurs Cchub Pitch Drive 2017 Worth €20million / Vacancy For A Music Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.