Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) (73432 Views)

26 Suspects Arraigned As Murder Trial Of Ghanaian Soldier Major Maxwell Begins / The Lady Who Raised Alarm That Made Residents Lynch Ghanaian Soldier To Death / Soldiers Punish Residents Who Mistook A Ghanaian Soldier For Robber & Killed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by toastedbread: 4:47pm On May 30, 2017
may the good lord who sits on high never allow me/ anyone reading this be a victim of mistaken identity.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by jessedaflow: 4:48pm On May 30, 2017
achimotan:

The Member of Parliament for Upper Denkyira West, Samuel Nsowa-Djan, has called on the Minister of Defence, Dominic Nitiwul, and Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Major General Obed Akwa to call some soldiers deployed to Denkyira-Obuasi in the Central Region to search for killers of Captain Maxwell A. Mahama, to order.

Captain Mahama was lynched by irate youth of the community on suspicion that he was an armed robber after a group of residents from whom he asked for directions during a Monday dawn jogging session spotted a pistol on him.

The community on Tuesday 30 May turned into a ghost town as residents fled from soldiers sent there to investigate the circumstances leading to the murder of their colleague. Reports said the soldiers were allegedly arresting and beating up residents.
Reacting to the development on 12Live on Class91.3FM, Mr Nsowa-Djan appealed to the soldiers to operate within the remit of the law. He was of the opinion that the situation could escalate if the youth of the town strike back at the soldiers.

Speaking to Jonas Ofori-Yeboah, the lawmaker, who disclosed he was on his way to his constituency to ascertain the facts for himself, said: “According to sources, over 30 people have been arrested including women but I can’t confirm it. But just now, I’ve been told that a lame man has been arrested and molested and when a situation of this nature happens, it is also going to lead to another problem.

“What the community did is very bad and I condemn it, but the way the military is also taking the issue I think it’s a whole lot. The community I’m told is now virtually empty. They have fled to the neighbouring communities and their farms and other places. So I’m appealing to the military, the Minister of Defence, and Chief of Defence Staff to call his people to order because if the people are to retaliate, the end result will be very bad.”
my friend shut up they did bad so they wont retaliate,if they do let the military chase them more

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by whitebeard(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
If na Naija now, Nigerian Army will launch

Operation See Gobe

In that neighborhood.

I dedicate my FTC to Arsene Wenger.
And every person who sat at home today out of fear.

Have you prayed for Buhari today?
If not say after me; "Rabbi ibni lee AAindaka baytan fee aljannati''
u know the moment I finished reading this stuff, that was the first thing that came to my mind, try this nonsense for NA..!!

that town go hear ham..!!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Ajasco222: 4:50pm On May 30, 2017
Too sad
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by lightwind(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2017
he was scared of killing any body

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 30, 2017
R.I.P

But oga soldier no know how to fire him own gun ne. If na naija soldier even if they would have killed me( which they can't) he will have emptied that pistol clip on them.

You be soldier not riot police, shoot when you feel threatened
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Tsongz(f): 4:54pm On May 30, 2017
grin OMG that area don suffer
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 30, 2017
The mob mind is bestial, primitive, brutish and incredibly lacking in intelligence. It's animalistic nature explains its lack of a moral compass. There is NO excuse for participating in jungle justice. Any human who indulges in it is nothing but a disgusting beast and is very much deserving of the highest possible punishment, under the law. It is an insult to our collective enlightenment and civilization and should be met with contempt, gross disapproval and breathtaking harshness. I hope the proponents of this kind of insanity, who are themselves on the deranged portion of the rather wide spectrum of human sanity can see that there is NO JUSTICE in it whatsoever, given how easily an innocent soul can fall victim of such nauseating lunacy. There's no justification for this kind of action anywhere in the universe, even if the victim was indeed a criminal. It takes an extraordinarily cruel, wicked, heartless mind of utter deprivity to be party to such, which makes the people involved just as bad, or even worse than the criminal they're lynching in the name of "justice".

The army and police should fish out every animal involved in this mess and have him/her punished accordingly to serve as an example for others with such reptilian tendencies.

May the Captain's innocent soul rest in peace, and my heart goes out to his grieved family, friends and admirers.

7 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by prophetfire: 4:58pm On May 30, 2017
its a pity de guy died but forgive me to call him a coward. ajebo go join army through connection. he was armed for crying out loud and he couldnt open fire on them.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 30, 2017
DaniDani:
Heart breaking... This soldier is so humane that he died in a humble and somewhat foolish death. On the humane aspect; He value the lives of his countrymen that he couldn't fire his pistol to avoid killing or harming anyone, patriotism at its peak! On the side of foolishness: he could have fired several shots on the air to scare angry mobs. At the point where it's clear enough that he could loose his life, he could have shot one overzealous angry mob on the leg at least, to chase others away. Very pitiful!

Why would a soldier not on uniform be jogging with a pistol on him?
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by slivertongue: 5:03pm On May 30, 2017
what a wicked generation they should be dealt with

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Donaldomo(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2017
sekundosekundo:
They are lucky it is not in Nigeria, the residents would have chosen between CROCODILE TEARS AND PYTHON DANCE.
Or Lafia Doyle!
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Repairnigeria(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2017
serious God will nt allow us to be nailed of offence not commited

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by IamUdo(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2017
Africa and backward thinking goes hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by tylesh(f): 5:07pm On May 30, 2017
Wickedness dwells in the heart of men. Couldn't they have taken him to a police station or something? Why kill an innocent man who had a young wife and two children to take care of.This is man's inhumanity to man.
I wonder what state his wife would be in.This must be traumatic,to think he died a gruesome death alone can give a heart attack

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by 9ja4show: 5:09pm On May 30, 2017
I like ghana Force so this is so sad, Rip to the young champ
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 30, 2017
sekundosekundo:
They are lucky it is not in Nigeria, the residents would have chosen between CROCODILE TEARS AND PYTHON DANCE.

I was tearing up already from the news of the soldier's senseless death. I read this and it became a case of simultaneous tears and laughter.

Your watch has ended soldier, too soon, too meaningless but R.I.P.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by SignOnHost: 5:11pm On May 30, 2017
leofab:
Nigerians why?

Ghanaian​ why? Not Nigeria. Nigerians are happy and peaceful​ People.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by idu1(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2017
Are they mad?

Ghanian wey no dey fine see as they killed this fine guy for no reason now?

Why he no fit use his pistol to kill some of the idiots and run for his life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 30, 2017
chibabe259:
Even his dick wasn't spared. Africa is so backward.

I don onserve say na so so dick you dey use flashlight dey search every single time. Shameless pervert! I feel sorry for your husband that is if you are able to have one.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by factwriter(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2017
DaniDani:
Heart breaking... This soldier is so humane that he died in a humble and somewhat foolish death. On the humane aspect; He value the lives of his countrymen that he couldn't fire his pistol to avoid killing or harming anyone, patriotism at its peak! On the side of foolishness: he could have fired several shots on the air to scare angry mobs. At the point where it's clear enough that he could loose his life, he could have shot one overzealous angry mob on the leg at least, to chase others away. Very pitiful!

He could actually have done some of those things you listed, truth is that we will never know since the entire community are now on the run.

Even if he did shot some to wave them off they too would have high-tail it by now.

Himself could have even put up with some silly bravado which irked the mob, who knows.

I wonder who actually gave the published account, certainly not the dead body.

RIP
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Frederick2017: 5:16pm On May 30, 2017
leofab:
Nigerians why?

Open eyes read again.
Happened in Ghana not Nigeria grin
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 30, 2017
wristbangle:

I don't know why you are so obsessed with the bolded words

I wonder o. She is always interested in dicks like a nymphomaniac
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by rightwingz: 5:21pm On May 30, 2017
jonhemma11:
Residents Mistook Soldier For A Robber,Lynch & Burn Him To Death (Photos)

A military officer with the 5th Infantry Battalion (5BN) at Burma Camp in Accra but on detachment duties at Diaso in the Upper Denkyira West District of the Central region has been lynched by residents on suspicion of being an armed robber.

Captain Maxwell Mahama who is commander of a military detachment in the area according to his subordinates,  on Monday dawn was seen jogging along the main road and as he stopped by to ask some women for directions, they saw the pistol on him.

According to them, he was not dressed in military uniform and because of recent spate of armed robbery in the town after residents were attacked a day earlier, the women called the Assembly man who organized the youth of the town to lynch him.

Several pleas by the security officer to the effect that he was not a criminal yielded no result as the angry residents kept hitting him life threatening object including cement blocks until he died.

News of his death was later conveyed to his subordinates who visited the scene to ascertain things for themselves.

The body has since been conveyed to a health facility in the area but for fear of being attacked by the soldiers who may  avenge his death, the youths have started fleeing the town realizing that the deceased was not a criminal as they thought.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/residents-mistook-soldiers-for.html?m=1

sorry for Africa........ according to Fela, I sorry sorry sorry oooo... I sorry for Africa.
I though only Nigeria have this jungle justice madness.
Africa is 100 years behind. We need to change altitude before we can expect success and development.
Only God know how many foreigners and innocent people that have been victim of such crimes unreported.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 30, 2017
Funlord2:

See where this one's putrid mind went first?

She is a notorious pervert who is so obsessed with dicks. Everybody knows her on this forum.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by TinaAnita(f): 5:26pm On May 30, 2017
It's extremely regrettable.. All those involved in his killing will never know peace..The God of vengeance will avenge his death. Every tears shed by his loved ones will hunt the useless animals. Even if he was an armed robber must he be burned alive? I hate African mentality with passion

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by uzomanny(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
Thats the major reason the whites will forever call us MONKEYS

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by sukkot: 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
aint this some shyttt
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by logica(m): 5:33pm On May 30, 2017
jonhemma11:
for fear of being attacked by the soldiers who may  avenge his death, the youths have started fleeing the town realizing that the deceased was not a criminal as they thought.
Why are the baboons fleeing?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by sukkot: 5:33pm On May 30, 2017
lightwind:
he was scared of killing any body
well he was in the wrong business

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by logica(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2017
walosky:
What a coward an officer
You are foolish to say the least. Have you ever been faced by a mob? I can only imagine the guy was trying to appeal for calm and identify himself so that he wouldn't have to kill anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by sukkot: 5:37pm On May 30, 2017
prophetfire:
its a pity de guy died but forgive me to call him a coward. ajebo go join army through connection. he was armed for crying out loud and he couldnt open fire on them.
maybe his gun only has like 6 bullets. i suppose if you kill one they will all scatter ? or you think they will still keep advancing after he has killed like two of them ? please enlighten me cuz i dont know how mob mind works. thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Disrupts Gay Marriage In Abuja (photo) / Vikings And Eiye Fight In Italy: 3 Nigerian Cultists Arrested (Video) / 35-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 20-Year-Old Lady In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.