Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) (73433 Views)

26 Suspects Arraigned As Murder Trial Of Ghanaian Soldier Major Maxwell Begins / The Lady Who Raised Alarm That Made Residents Lynch Ghanaian Soldier To Death / Soldiers Punish Residents Who Mistook A Ghanaian Soldier For Robber & Killed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Makapedia: 5:37pm On May 30, 2017
Na Gobe be this oooo ..."."
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by logica(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2017
sukkot:
well he was in the wrong business
He IS very much in the right business. Only sane, rational and non-impulsive minds should handle guns. I guess you are used to barbarians and all kinds of miscreants handling guns in your neck of woods that you don't know what is normal anymore?

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by caprini1: 5:39pm On May 30, 2017
SignOnHost:

Ghanaian​ why? Not Nigeria. Nigerians are happy and peaceful​ People.
Truth is nobody is noticing the anger building up within Ghanaians towards themselves and foreigners,especially Nigerians.....the day it will explode ehn!
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by sukkot: 5:40pm On May 30, 2017
logica:
He IS very much in the right business. Only sane, rational and non-impulsive minds should handle guns. I guess you are used to barbarians and all kinds of miscreants handling guns in your neck of woods that you don't know what is normal anymore?
sane and rational does not work when dealing with african animals. only works in civilized countries. so i repeat, he was in the wrong business
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by logica(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2017
sukkot:
sane and rational does not work when dealing with african animals. only works in civilized countries. so i repeat, he was in the wrong business
Right business, wrong environment. smiley
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by TSOM(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2017
kpaofame:
too bad

But how foolish can some people be...so anyone with gun is a criminal undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
With the worsening state of insecurity in the world, any armed person is a potential threat; worse even if he/she isn't uniformed. That ugly scenario could play out in any part of Sub-Saharan Africa given the circumstances involved.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by sukkot: 5:42pm On May 30, 2017
logica:
Right business, wrong environment. smiley
what does that even mean ? brah, you are in the zoo, animals only respond to deadly force. he is in the wrong business in africa if he is in the army and unwilling to use deadly force. FACTS wink
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by osazsky(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2017
Redman36:
lazy army man...see how u bring ur children into dis world come gbese leave them.

Talking as if u won't die and when urs happen na so pple go still curse u online. Never mock a dead man. Especially dose dat died in duty. I repeat never mock d dead for u know not wat will befall u in future. Thnks

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by vanderbolt: 5:45pm On May 30, 2017
Beware of Ghaba women. they can cause problem that can consume the whole nation and still claim right. women rule in ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 30, 2017
[

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Electronzeez(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2017
A nigeria soldier don't need a gun or knife to tell you he is one .they move around with their belt .

This is a great lost to his family .
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 30, 2017
Wow, he is/was cute.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by tokzy205(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2017
Funlord2:

See where this one's putrid mind went first?
; grin, bros the comment sef weak me
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by tillaman(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2017
I thought this only happens in Nigeria, So barbaric and Inhumane, Jungle Justice isn't Jst Right, The Armies In Ghana Must be very reasonable, for if it happened to a Nigerian Army then the town would have been a ghost town by Now, Ask them at computer village ikeja they know what it is!! R.I.P SOLDIER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2017
The man was the cause of his own misfortune how can a man hold a short gun in the public without been in uniform and think he will not be suspected to be an arm robber.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:58pm On May 30, 2017
Lynchers una don see abi...Too bad...I would have shot and run to d nearest barrack
Rip
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Mkbryants(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2017
Redman36:
lazy army man...see how u bring ur children into dis world come gbese leave them.

Before u speak poo! next time... Please connect your reasoning faculty with your tongue and hands

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Tecno66: 6:03pm On May 30, 2017
A bad case of mistaken identity. That is why jungle justice is bad. Investigation would have revealed the true identity of the deseased.
jonhemma11:
Residents Mistook Soldier For A Robber,Lynch & Burn Him To Death (Photos)

A military officer with the 5th Infantry Battalion (5BN) at Burma Camp in Accra but on detachment duties at Diaso in the Upper Denkyira West District of the Central region has been lynched by residents on suspicion of being an armed robber.

Captain Maxwell Mahama who is commander of a military detachment in the area according to his subordinates,  on Monday dawn was seen jogging along the main road and as he stopped by to ask some women for directions, they saw the pistol on him.

According to them, he was not dressed in military uniform and because of recent spate of armed robbery in the town after residents were attacked a day earlier, the women called the Assembly man who organized the youth of the town to lynch him.

Several pleas by the security officer to the effect that he was not a criminal yielded no result as the angry residents kept hitting him life threatening object including cement blocks until he died.

News of his death was later conveyed to his subordinates who visited the scene to ascertain things for themselves.

The body has since been conveyed to a health facility in the area but for fear of being attacked by the soldiers who may  avenge his death, the youths have started fleeing the town realizing that the deceased was not a criminal as they thought.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/residents-mistook-soldiers-for.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by DonBobes(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2017
walosky:
What a coward an officer

Let them just try a Nigerian police

Abah dats too much just try civil defense only, na operation BIG ANT u go hear.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by claremont(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2017
DaniDani:
Heart breaking... This soldier is so humane that he died in a humble and somewhat foolish death. On the humane aspect; He value the lives of his countrymen that he couldn't fire his pistol to avoid killing or harming anyone, patriotism at its peak! On the side of foolishness: he could have fired several shots on the air to scare angry mobs. At the point where it's clear enough that he could loose his life, he could have shot one overzealous angry mob on the leg at least, to chase others away. Very pitiful!

It's possible his weapon wasn't loaded. It's also possible he was attacked from behind and didn't have the chance to fire any shots, or he tried to fire but the weapon jammed. Too many variables in this story.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by RaptorX: 6:14pm On May 30, 2017
Jiang:
R.I.P

But oga soldier no know how to fire him own gun ne. If na naija soldier even if they would have killed me( which they can't) he will have emptied that pistol clip on them.

You be soldier not riot police, shoot when you feel threatened
Same way BH kill you people like fowls, keep bragging online Mr Internet tough guy.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 30, 2017
Even as a military man, he looks harmless. How could they have mistaken him for a robber? Look at the wife and innocent children! Honestly, I think its about time we take the campaign against jungle justice more seriously!

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2017
achimotan:

The Member of Parliament for Upper Denkyira West, Samuel Nsowa-Djan, has called on the Minister of Defence, Dominic Nitiwul, and Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Major General Obed Akwa to call some soldiers deployed to Denkyira-Obuasi in the Central Region to search for killers of Captain Maxwell A. Mahama, to order.

Captain Mahama was lynched by irate youth of the community on suspicion that he was an armed robber after a group of residents from whom he asked for directions during a Monday dawn jogging session spotted a pistol on him.

The community on Tuesday 30 May turned into a ghost town as residents fled from soldiers sent there to investigate the circumstances leading to the murder of their colleague. Reports said the soldiers were allegedly arresting and beating up residents.
Reacting to the development on 12Live on Class91.3FM, Mr Nsowa-Djan appealed to the soldiers to operate within the remit of the law. He was of the opinion that the situation could escalate if the youth of the town strike back at the soldiers.

Speaking to Jonas Ofori-Yeboah, the lawmaker, who disclosed he was on his way to his constituency to ascertain the facts for himself, said: “According to sources, over 30 people have been arrested including women but I can’t confirm it. But just now, I’ve been told that a lame man has been arrested and molested and when a situation of this nature happens, it is also going to lead to another problem.

“What the community did is very bad and I condemn it, but the way the military is also taking the issue I think it’s a whole lot. The community I’m told is now virtually empty. They have fled to the neighbouring communities and their farms and other places. So I’m appealing to the military, the Minister of Defence, and Chief of Defence Staff to call his people to order because if the people are to retaliate, the end result will be very bad.”

How can you send in the aggrieved party (naturally wild boys in the first place), to investigate their own complaint and not expect excesses?
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
What i don't understand is why any soldier would carry his firearm but not his ID card...

So sad

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by watered(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
The Ghana Army has never fought a war since her soldiers are just as toothless bull dogs.

No wonder ordinary civilians over powered an officer. RIP to the fallen hero.

See pretty wife Abeg
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by logica(m): 6:22pm On May 30, 2017
ofwest47:
The man was the cause of his own misfortune how can a man hold a short gun in the public without been in uniform and think he will not be suspected to be an arm robber.
Your entire post already tells a lot about you; the "short gun" part was the clincher.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Originalsly: 6:25pm On May 30, 2017
jonhemma11:
[b] the women called the Assembly man who organized the youth of the town to lynch him.
Shouldn't the Assembly man be held responsible for the killing?... and others if ID'd?... that's how I see it.
But why should he the Battalion leader go jogging all by himself?...in civilian clothing?...and be armed? .... hmmmm..... let me not say what I'm thinking.
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by LUDALOOLO(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2017
leofab:
Nigerians why?

Is garri your daily meal or we need to make nl audio for you to understand this happen In ghana
Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by Just30: 6:28pm On May 30, 2017
watered:
The Ghana Army has never fought a war since her soldiers are just as toothless bull dogs.

No wonder ordinary civilians over powered an officer. RIP to the fallen hero.

See pretty wife Abeg
you sound highly stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by kindredspirit(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2017
Jiang:
R.I.P

But oga soldier no know how to fire him own gun ne. If na naija soldier even if they would have killed me( which they can't) he will have emptied that pistol clip on them.

You be soldier not riot police, shoot when you feel threatened

I just watched a video of the Soldier's lynching on Instablog9ja. He didn't stand a chance against the mob of 15 or more young men.

With the way the irate mob was attacking him while he was down, he never stood a chance. I reckon things escalated too quickly and he was disarmed while he must have been trying to appeal to them that he wasn't a robber.

Very heartrending video. Dude must have been pleading with them to no avail as stones, cudgels and building blocks continued to land on his head. The video ended with a man swinging his arm to launch a missile on the fallen soldier.

Jeeze! The wife and small kids made fatherless !

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by DonCortino: 6:32pm On May 30, 2017
leofab:
Nigerians why?

Re: Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos) by rxgodwin(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2017
Ah talk say dis ghanians no get sense.

See beautiful family man dy just wasted.

Na only to argue ontop jollof rice dem sabi.

Bunch of clowns

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Disrupts Gay Marriage In Abuja (photo) / Vikings And Eiye Fight In Italy: 3 Nigerian Cultists Arrested (Video) / 35-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 20-Year-Old Lady In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.