Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,242 members, 7,839,269 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) (616 Views)

Chickens Lay Eggs With Green Yolk On Indian Farm / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) by badthinds: 3:09pm On May 30, 2017
No animal health section, but I think here will do.

Two of my native fowls layed together and also hashed together. The both of them looked after the chicks simultaneously ...after some weeks, a cock successfully got one of the hens, thereby leaving just one hen to the chicks.

Some days later, the second hen (the one with the cock) began to lay eggs, after laying about 4, the first hen, ie the one with the chicks (i don't know how) came across the eggs of the second hen. Then I noticed something I had never noticed with hens...it became jealous. It instantly started looking for a cock.

Few days later it successfully laid an egg...but since then, it has been laying the yolk separately from the shell, like a deformity. People around say it wouldn't survive, but each time it does that, it becomes normal again (though, when it wants to lay that kind, it looks sick and physically force itself).

Its a very young hen, this is just the second cycle. Help me out if you know Whatsup.

Thanks

(I don't know the animal expert on nairaland, else I would have mentioned).
Re: My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) by badthinds: 7:13pm On May 31, 2017
Please someone explain this phenomenon to me.

Here are some pictures of today's own. Just this night

Re: My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) by badthinds: 7:15pm On May 31, 2017
More

Re: My Hen Lays Yolk Seperately From Shell (pictures) by badthinds: 7:21pm On May 31, 2017
And

(1) (Reply)

Breast Pain / Help! Kidney Matter / Is Smoking Shisha Truly Harmless??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.