Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** (1561 Views)

Programming For Beginners / C# Web Development / Web Programming Tutorial In Python. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 5:59pm On May 30, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

I am going to start a web programming tutorial with C#.NET programming and Nancy FX web framework. This practical tutorial is part of a series of tutorials I am developing at Udemy and also part of the things you will see in a in a book i'm writing called, "Web Development with NancyFX for the beginner".

Why do I Need this tutorial?

Okay, I'll explain why, first I assume most of the guys who are reading this tutorial are people who want to learn web design and programming skills. It is based on C#.NET Programming! Now, someone of you must have been learning python, php, and the rest, and might be wondering the relevance of this tutorial to you. Please, just stick around and grab one or two things in it. I care less which language you love, and which you've ditched; horses for courses, but If you want to move into the web design, UI/UX world, as well as, Javascript, JQuery, and AngularJS worlds, then you really need this tutorial for one or two things.

Who are you?

Well, I am a web development techie and a prospective Author. I have worked as Graphics Designer, Web Developer, and a sales boy. But not in that order. Presently, I work as a Computer Instructor (Web Development). I blog at http://www.microwebstack..com, and I'm about to launch my virtual company (www.facebook.com/GeetStack/)

** A bit of Marketing **
/*
* If you reside in Aba, and you want to learn web development with me. Contact me on:
* Thanks.
*/

What will I learn?

As a part of the course outline, you will learn the following:
> Introduction - Starting up.

> Web Deisgn Core (HTML5 and CSS3)

> JavaScript Core and JQuery.

> Introduction to C#.NET Programming - covering methods, control statements, and elementary data types.

> Programming with Nancy FX Web Framework

> Database Programming in Nancy FX.

> Others like Authentication and Authorization, Sessions, and integration with AngularJS/ReactJS (Available in the book)

What? Is that not C#.NET? Anything C#.NET is not free....
I know....but I promise that we will not anything anything trial version. We will only use opensource tools. And let say this; NancyFX works cross-platform. It works on Windows with .NET 4 and above, and Linux or Mac OS X with Mono.

The tools we will use are:

1) .NET/Mono
2) An opensource IDE (SharpDevelop or Xamarin Studio) - (www.icsharpcode.net or www.monodevelop.com)
3) PostgreSQL - opensource Database engine.
4) Nuget - opensource package manager for .NET applications (www.nuget.org)
5) Nginx Web Server - FastCGI support (www.nginx.org/en/download.html)
6) Fos - use Nuget (download it by issuing Nuget install Fos
7) Nancy FX - using Nuget (download it by issuing Nuget install Nancy)
cool Web browser - Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome

Any other tool we need will be added as we continue with the tutorial...

This is the cover of the book I am writing, I hope to complete it early:

Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 6:08pm On May 30, 2017
First we will start with the Starting Up phase....

Introduction

Now, all our tutorials will be based on an IDE and a web server to run our files.

We will begin with the first tutorial; testing our our application with a web server.

Our first tutorial will be a Hello World! tutorial...

If you are the inpatient type, you can quickly start off by checking >>> http://microwebstack..com.ng/2017/05/introduction-to-nancy-fx-web.html
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 7:26pm On May 30, 2017
Now let's begin:

Nuget install Nancy
Nuget install Nancy.Hosting.Self;

Fire up SharpDevelop (or Visual Studio/Xamarin Studio) and start a console program. A project will be created for you Containing several files. But the files we are concerned about is the Program.cs under your Projects Window and type in the following:

using System;
using Nancy;
using Nancy.Hosting.Self;

public class Program
{
public static void Main(string[] args)
{
NancyHost host = new NancyHost(new Uri("http://127.0.0.1:8081/"));
host.Start();
Console.ReadKey(true);
host.Stop();
}
}

Now create another C# class by right-clicking on your project and select new item, and select new C# class, name it IndexModule.cs, and type this:

using System;
using Nancy;

public class IndexModule : NancyModule
{
public IndexModule()
{
Get[@"/"] = parameters =>{
const string name = "<h1>Hello World!</h1>";
return name;
};
}
}

Make sure you add Nancy.dll and Nancy.Hosting.Self.dll reference assemblies to your project. build it and run it you would see this:

Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 7:31pm On May 30, 2017
if it doesn't work you can initiate the network pipeline in your system (for Windows) by opening Windows command prompt (cmd) as an Administrator and type in:

netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:8081/ user=Everyone

Sure it will work now......
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 7:32pm On May 30, 2017
I will continue soon...
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by Collins4u1(m): 11:32pm On May 30, 2017
Following
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by Muhammedbashir(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Following boss!!! Pls ur WhatsApp no.
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by webstacka: 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
I was too busy....but because there are people following this thread, I pledge to complete this tutorial....though it may take time.
Re: Practical C#/web Programming For Beginners ** Enter Here ** by waunieducation: 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi there,

This is one of a kind offer to Nigerian students (both home and abroad) particularly final year students who are facing difficulty in their final year projects / research work. Worry not, for we are here to take the boredom off you with a friendly price coupled with presentation hints and walkthroughs

Kindly email us at waunieducation@gmail.com for more information

Thanks you!

(1) (Reply)

My Work Progress On Building Ecommerce Site / Cd Database Application / HELP Solve Asp.net Project Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.