Stats: 3,160,353 members, 7,843,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) (13885 Views)

NANS Begs FG Over ASUU Strike / ASUU Decries Lack Of Funds In Varsities, Threatens Strike Over LAUTECH Crisis / JAMB To Move UTME To Ilorin Over LAUTECH Students’ Protest (2) (3) (4)

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Misterdhee1(m): 9:48am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
The best students of lautech can do is to transfer to another university and complete your studies and move on with your life....you won't be young forever....don't let them waist your youth....I know how long it took me to get a degree from OOU....I know how I felt when I graduated and I know how I still feel.....transfer out of lautect and move on
Lol. Which good school in Nigeria takes a 300 level - 400 level student without him/her being asked to repeat 200 level? And even for those in 200 level nd 100 level, it won't be so easy cos getting transcript from a school that is not running can be very difficult.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Emassive(m): 9:51am On May 31, 2017
These are the uselesss state officials who send their abroad to school..! The other my useless govr AAjimobi was saying the state is the best in financial Prudence. I had to tweet him with direct insult. Oloshiiiie yam eaters
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:51am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
The best students of lautech can do is to transfer to another university and complete your studies and move on with your life....you won't be young forever....don't let them waist your youth....I know how long it took me to get a degree from OOU....I know how I felt when I graduated and I know how I still feel.....transfer out of lautect and move on
OOU I even far better than lautech these days.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by doyinbaby(f): 9:52am On May 31, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Lol. Which good school in Nigeria takes a 300 level - 400 level student without him/her being asked to repeat 200 level? And even for those in 200 level nd 100 level, it won't be so easy cos getting transcript from a school that is not running can be very difficult.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:56am On May 31, 2017
Misterdhee1:

You are right. The difficulty and bereaucracy involved in getting one's transcript in that place would be ridiculous considering they have about 33000 students.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Ganiyat72(f): 9:57am On May 31, 2017
It is jonathan's fault/no fr oil moni again. Smh for sw muslims & our lazy govmt
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by elmagnifico411(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2017
Let Osun state give it all up to Oyo. Abi what are they still holding onto? After all, ogbomosho is part of oyo state.. let's see if Ajubomi and co can do anything to save the institution.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Originalsly: 10:13am On May 31, 2017
Why is CAN petitioning the FG on an issue that shoud not be their concern? Why not put the same effort in first putting their house in order by helping the poor and suffering instead of continuing to fleece them of the very little they have? They have eyes to see the students academic progress being stalled but when it comes to their own members suffering ...while their leaders be living affluent lifestyles right under their nose .....log gets into their eyes...they can't see. Bunch of hypocrites.
They are university students... let them come together and protest and put pressure on their States to resolve the problem. University students having a big problem and sitting like a bunch of helpless babies. Let them sit and wait.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by segematico(m): 10:17am On May 31, 2017
davibid:
CAN

is it a political party

U are so right
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Thecassanova: 10:23am On May 31, 2017
elmagnifico411:
Let Osun state give it all up to Oyo. Abi what are they still holding onto? After all, ogbomosho is part of oyo state.. let's see if Ajubomi and co can do anything to save the institution.
They both own it when the two states were together, why should Osun leave it for oyo because they now have a state university or divided? Eh

For example. We both contribute money to buy a Bus together, years later I move from the location and I bought my own private bus. Does that mean I should give u the Bus we both bought for free?
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by icon8: 10:24am On May 31, 2017
TroubleMaker47:

Example pls? undecided

Unizik, Awka used to be Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH), same way LAUTECH used to be Oyo State University of Technology (OSUTECH).
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:43am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:

Please how can someone who's currently studying transfer to another school

I need the info for a friend of mine
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by DarryOsh(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2017
Thecassanova:

They both own it when the two states were together, why should Osun leave it for oyo because they now have a state university or divided? Eh

For example. We both contribute money to buy a Bus together, years later I move from the location and I bought my own private bus. Does that mean I should give u the Bus we both bought for free?

Well, using the scenario you painted, if we both own a bus and you cannot meet up with your responsibilities of maintaining the bus, then I will attempt to buy you out. Everyone keeps talking about their joint contributions but what about the joint responsibilities.
Osun state is struggling financially; time and time again, the state fails to meet its responsibilities.

In this case, I think Osun state should let go of the institution. The ownership tussle makes no sense. Yes they both own it, but I think they can reach an agreement where Oyo state can buy off the other partner (Osun state). It happens in business everyday. Agree on a fair deal (not necessarily just cash) and pay off the other party over a period of time.

For how long will they drag this issue and play dice with the future of students?

In the hypothetical situation that a new state is created out of the current Oyo state (some people were clamouring for Ibadan state years ago), what then happens? Three states will be running one university? It makes no sense. They should sit down and agree to terms that will lead to the school being owned and controlled by one state. And I think this is a good way to go especially since Osun now has a university of its own.

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by youngsahito(m): 12:18pm On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
pls do you know to transfer from lautech to anoda school.m tired of this school strike cos my bro is a victim.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by PastorAji(m): 12:29pm On May 31, 2017
To corroborate what you said

Salary alone in CU gulps about N650-N800 milla annually both academically and SBU

My wife had worked there before friends and families too had worked there
Statsocial:
I doubt FG would want to take that added weight. You should know that universities in Nigeria are financial liabilities because most of them can't attract industry funding.

You should ask how much living faith spends on Covenant university annually(this year 1.6 billion set aside from the Church account for ONLY CU) apart from CU's igr which is also in billions and more than Ekiti's annual igr.(but not enough to make the University globally competitive)and you would understand that owning a university is no beans. 15 yrs down the line LFC still builds all CU's infrastructure and also almost solely fund research incentive for researchers. So I have a big problem with people who wants a "self sustaining" university.

As great as [b]Caltech
and MIT are they still receive funding from d US govt. So if you want to build a university build it with the knowledge that you must continue to fund.

Salaries in UI alone is more than 12 billion naira yearly. Though capital grant is less than one billion. The Fg has to almost foot that bill alone due to free tuition in fg schools. So I doubt FG is looking to own more schools.
Lalasticlala
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by sammirano: 12:35pm On May 31, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
they can, it has happened in past history

ahah na wa oo
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Sirhethat12(f): 1:04pm On May 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Why is CAN petitioning the FG on an issue that shoud not be their concern? Why not put the same effort in first putting their house in order by helping the poor and suffering instead of continuing to fleece them of the very little they have? They have eyes to see the students academic progress being stalled but when it comes to their own members suffering ...while their leaders be living affluent lifestyles right under their nose .....log gets into their eyes...they can't see. Bunch of hypocrites.
They are university students... let them come together and protest and put pressure on their States to resolve the problem. University students having a big problem and sitting like a bunch of helpless babies. Let them sit and wait.

*smh* , I am just going to assume you just entered planet Earth. what else could possibly explain your ignorance of the numerous protest? It's everywhere; online , TV, radio, newspaper. If you never heard about the numerous protests then it's most probably because you have not been on this planet!
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by doyinbaby(f): 1:18pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=youngsahito post=57052921]pls do you know to transfer from lautech to anoda school.m tired of this school strike cos my bro is a victim.[/quote,..if you know any lecturer they can show you how it is done,,..
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by elmagnifico411(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2017
Thecassanova:

I get your point. But students lives her on hold here. Getting admission somewhere else isn't an easy thing to come by. So, wouldn't it be fair enough for the 2 states to come to compromise? If osun people want anything in return, let them negotiate. We need to find a way to move forward in this country. 8 months strike? Bros, e too much.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Originalsly: 2:00pm On May 31, 2017
Sirhethat12:

*smh* , I am just going to assume you just entered planet Earth. what else could possibly explain your ignorance of the numerous protest? It's everywhere; online , TV, radio, newspaper. If you never heard about the numerous protests then it's most probably because you have not been on this planet!
Was in the forests...no coverage....and when protests don't work?...such things happen because people allow them to.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 31, 2017
PastorAji:
To corroborate what you said

Salary alone in CU gulps about N650-N800 milla annually both academically and SBU

My wife had worked there before friends and families too had worked there
True. What year did your wife work there last?
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Was in the forests...no coverage....and when protests don't work?...such things happen because people allow them to.
What were you doing in a forest?
Biologist..Hunter..Spiritualist lol which one? grin
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=doyinbaby post=57054517][/quote]
Why were people transferring from igbinedion university to OOU. Was it accreditation issues or school fees issue?
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by doyinbaby(f): 2:27pm On May 31, 2017
Statsocial:

Why were people transferring from igbinedion university to OOU. Was it accreditation issues or school fees issue?
accreditation

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by hellohgy(m): 2:49pm On May 31, 2017
lautech use to be the number one state university buh now.....SMH
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Sirhethat12(f): 3:04pm On May 31, 2017
Originalsly:

please kindly re-phrase, God knows I don't understand you.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by PastorAji(m): 3:04pm On May 31, 2017
resigned late 2014

my SIL works at the Secretariat (beside KHMS)
Statsocial:

True. What year did your wife work there last?

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by Originalsly: 3:30pm On May 31, 2017
Statsocial:

What were you doing in a forest?
Biologist..Hunter..Spiritualist lol which one? grin
Attending conference....Inter Worlds Bi Annual Conference....don't you know I'm a ehmmm....let me shut up.

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by ChocolateMeenah(f): 5:16pm On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
Including those of us that have just a semester left?

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2017
sammirano:

ahah na wa oo
nnamdi alike university

Eboyin state University

UNILORIN Post UTME Form 2019/2020 Is Out! / Advice To Freshers In Nigerian Higher Institutions / UTME Not For Admission, But For Ranking - Oloyede

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50