Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Critics...you And Me. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Critics...you And Me. (358 Views)

Collins Oscar Shares His Wedding Photos, Responds To Critics / Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / Green Card Tearing: Soyinka Intimidate Critics With Big Grammars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Critics...you And Me. by akinsojiSenai(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2017
Alright. 
Let's make sense. 
There is this particular football pundit, his name is Gary Neville, he is a master of analysis , he preaches football and the way he analyses teams and correct the mistakes of managers, you would feel he was made from heaven to talk football, I love hearing him analyse Arsenal matches (lol) he can abuse Wenger for Africa! 
So one day, apparently I wasn't the only one that noticed his competence, he was made the coach of Valencia FC. Wow! I was like, this is it! Now the world would know the true meaning of football, but alas! After about 13 matches with woeful results, it finally dawned on me, a good critic doesn't make a good coach. You see, all the while, Gary has been seeing things from outside, just like you have judging people from afar, he didn't know the psychological position of the team, he wouldn't know that the captain of the team playing woefully had been insulted earlier on in the day, and it affected the morale of the players, he wouldn't know that he coach had secretly disclosed to his players that he had been sacked, of course he wouldn't know! He was only seeing the surface, what we all see, and just judged! And of course we would agree with him because we believe they are professionals, forgetting one vital information. A professional is a human being. When Gary took over, he saw things in a different light, it is easier to manage words and speak but a different ball game to manage people to act on what you speak. See brother, it is wrong to hit a lady right? It is inhumane and disgusting abi? And you would never think of it? And under no condition must you do it? Wait till you marry a nagging wife, that nags you day and night, and the heat of one argument, she slaps you twice, with the sole believe that you can never touch her...brother, to every man there is a set-limit, knowledge pushes it further down, but doesn't erase it, we all have limits, you don't know yours until someone pushes you so far, better stay away than believe in your self-control. OK, you can never commit suicide, those who do so are crazy in the head, Oya look at this, you are the first born of seven children, you graduated 9years ago...no job, all your siblings are working and doing fine, you still the only one living with your parents, you have been relegated to the last born....then one day, you got a phone call about a job, an oil&gas firm, you felt it was a scam, but since you aren't doing anything better, you went for the interview, only to discover it was real! You passed and went for about 11 more interviews till you got a text from the company to come for your medicals! Wow! That's means you have been employed! You shouted for joy, the whole Street got to know, brother Kareem ti ri ise! your story full Facebook, you even shared testimony in your church, practically everyone was happy for you. Till you went for the medicals and discovered you were Hepatitis B positive, you didn't understand what that meant, but at least you thank God it wasn't HIV, until you got a text from the company, saying they can't employ you, as hepatitis is far more deadly and easily contracted, and the company regrets but after deliberating on it, they can't put the health of your colleagues at risk, so you were denied the appointment...you can't understand what this means until you think about it well, no job...bought clothes already...my friend, there are limits to what a human mind can handle, such a person commits suicide, and you start preaching...SMH. Don't get me wrong, these things are wrong, even the persons involved know...but you just can't just understand what some people go through, no matter how much you try... don't judge! Don't criticise! Instead learn...and avoid same pitfalls, listen, you are not better than this persons, I just look at people when they say how they could have done things better, I smh...until the same fire burns you, only then would you know how useless your 'sorry' is...I once sat down and asked myself, why on earth would Babangida deregulate the naira?? Why did he make the naira fall in value compared to the dollar? So I researched and read, when I discovered the reasons, I was amazed (I know you must at one time reasoned like this too, but you never cared to know why? You see why we still have problems in Nigeria, Google it after this please), I discovered I had been brainwashed, it had great economic reasons, think about it, without that...no reasonable investor would invest in Nigeria to get the same profit he would get if he invested in England. No companies. No jobs. We would be a rich country with no amenities.  So when someone calls me and say 'Soji, this Buhari give, na rubbish ooo...write about it na' I say pray for them, there are complex things that goes on in the governance of men, that no matter how hard you try, you can't just understand, until you wear the shoes yourself.
A good critic doesn't make a good coach.
Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Finished New Book Manuscript, Need Your Thoughts! / Google Doodle Honors Chinua Achebe. / Lit_revelation (the End)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.