Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Help Me Go Back To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Me Go Back To God (846 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / 10 Reasons Why Any Reasonable Man Has To Submit To God Today / How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Go Back To God by freecocoa(f): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
There's a problem i have and it is that i find it difficult to attend church services again,i noticed this late last year say around September,i just noticed that my zeal for service and prayers is weaning seriously.when i joined my church newly i loved it a lot but 4 sometime now the way they do things isn't just cool with me,like their mode of dressing,am not against trouser wearing to church but i believe there should be a difference 4rm a person going to church and one going to a party but with these people,u can hardly tell the difference,it never bothered me before,but now i just don't understand it anymore,these have made me stop going to church and whenever i think of going to another church,it just never happens,so i end up sitting at home watching movies.
Am really tired of this lifestyle,i feel very far away 4rm God,i need Ur help on how to overcome this attitude of staying at home on Sundays, if possible u guys can even suggest living churches to me cos am at a loss on which one is of God

Re: Help Me Go Back To God by mamagee3(f): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
Go to Church.
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by freecocoa(f): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
@ mama-gee,i find it difficult to cos i don't like my church anymore,and i can't bring myself to attend another church cos i can't tell which one is real.i don't know how to overcome this problem.
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by jagunlabi(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
Might i dare say that you are beginning to mature spiritually.My advice, "do not fight it".God is everywhere and not only in churches.
freecocoa:

@ mama-gee,i find it difficult to cos i don't like my church anymore,and i can't bring myself to attend another church cos i can't tell which one is real.i don't know how to overcome this problem.
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by mamagee3(f): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2010
freecocoa:

Take heart till Jesus comes, the Lord is thy strength. grin grin
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
freecocoa:

There's a problem i have and it is that i find it difficult to attend church services again,i noticed this late last year say around September,i just noticed that my zeal for service and prayers is weaning seriously.when i joined my church newly i loved it a lot but 4 sometime now the way they do things isn't just cool with me,like their mode of dressing,am not against trouser wearing to church but i believe there should be a difference 4rm a person going to church and one going to a party but with these people,u can hardly tell the difference,it never bothered me before,but now i just don't understand it anymore,these have made me stop going to church and whenever i think of going to another church,it just never happens,so i end up sitting at home watching movies.
Am really tired of this lifestyle,i feel very far away 4rm God,i need your help on how to overcome this attitude of staying at home on Sundays, if possible u guys can even suggest living churches to me cos am at a loss on which one is of God

While you are at home, I suggest you try doing the following (rather difficult) exercise . . .perhaps it will help you come in contact with your deepest desires . . .

MY TESTAMENT

I imagine that today I am to die. I ask for time to be alone and write down for my friends a sort of testament for which the points that follow could serve as chapter titles.

1. These things I have loved in life: things I have tasted, looked at, smelled, heard, touched.

2. These experiences I have cherished:

3. These ideas have brought me liberation:

4. These beliefs I have outgrown:

5. These convictions I have lived by:

6. These are the things I have lived for:

7. These insights I have gained in the school of life: insights into God, the world, human nature, Jesus Christ, love, religion, prayer.

8. These risks I took, these dangers I have courted:

9. These sufferings have seasoned me:

10. These lessons life has taught me:

11. These influences have shaped my life: persons, occupations, books, events.

12. These Scripture texts have lit my path:

13. These things I regret about my life:

14. These are my life’s achievements:

15. These persons are enshrined within my heart:

16. These are my unfulfilled desires:

I choose an ending for this document: A poem—my own or someone else’s; or a prayer; a sketch or a picture from a magazine; a Scripture text; or anything that I judge would be an apt conclusion to my testament.
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
@freecocoa

You might also find this useful ==>

DISCIPLE:   "How does one discover God"?

MASTER:  "Through bleaching the heart white with silent meditation, not making paper black with religious composition. Or making the air thick with learned conversation".
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
God hides in the human heart . . . and that is the last place we think of looking for Him . . .
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
In as much as the church consists of blood washed believers of which you are a part of you are still required not to forsake the fellowship of yourselves together. See the article that was posted in the Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship today how it addressed what you described in your post. I suggest that you click on the hyperlink of the text and see that you are not the only one disgusted about what you experienced.

Daily Manna

Heed the Warning.
Monday, January 18, 2010

TEXT: EZEKIEL 24:1-14

"She hath wearied herself with lies, and her great scum went not forth out of her: her scum shall be in the fire" (Ezekiel 24:12).

Jerusalem’s sins had become very irritating. God had determined to pay her in her own coin. He had decided Jerusalem must go into captivity, but there were lying prophets who were busy giving the people false hope. In spite of series of warnings through the prophets, the people continued in their evil.

In our text today, God had commanded Ezekiel to carry out a demonstration to depict the level of lewdness and utter rebellion of the people. God was particularly unhappy at the flagrant manner of disobedience displayed by the people in the midst of his kind entreaties. Then, after they wasted the opportunities, God said, "I the Lord, I have spoken it, it shall come to pass and I will do it. I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent, " The passage tells us that God does not plead with the unrepentant sinners indefinitely. He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance, but when an individual continually refuses to repent and hardens his heart, the Almighty withdraws His mercy.

Like He did for sinning Jerusalem, God has allowed certain unpleasant experiences and circumstances to bring the disobedient people to their senses, yet, they have failed to repent. His days of mercy will soon expire, then He shall bring judgment upon the world. You have the opportunity today to amend your ways, ponder His words and come to Him in repentance; only then shall you be able to escape the impending judgment. Be wise!

Thought for today: A scheduled battle does not claim the life of a (wise) cripple. Ogun aso tele kii npa aro (to ba gbon) wink
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by Knight1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
Though I'm not a member, a church i can be 80% sure is living that may be around you ( since u ddnt state your location) is Deeper Life.
Watching movies while u supposed to be in church is VERY dangerous.

Be Blessed
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by Annunaki(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2010
For someone already bored/fed up of going to church, deeper life is the last church I would recommend ;d
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by KunleOshob(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2010
@Poster
I suggest you go on a spiritual renewal exercise so you can understand your faith and appreciate it better. I suggest you start by reading studying the teachings of Jesus in the new testament, after you are done with that also study the teachings and examples of the apostles in Acts and the epistles. Before you start, open your mind and purge it of all you have been made to believe christianity is and let Jesus speak to you directly through his teachings in the scriptures. When you are through ensure your christian life dictated by christ's teachings and not just church doctrines which are essentially man made. It is when you understand your faith in christ better that you would be able to discern which church is best for you is you decided to attend or join any church.
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by DARA1234: 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2010
I agree with Knight1 although we shouldn't recommend churches, but a good church with emphasis on Righteousness is DeeperLife, listening to the on line messages I can see a there is a change in the emphasis of the pastor inward righteousness and less on dressing.
http://www.dclm.org/Resources/BibleStudiesServices/tabid/130/Default.
Don't stop going to church, their is power in fellowship
God bless you
Re: Help Me Go Back To God by GL(f): 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ poster,

you can watch church services online while you are at home on sunday mornings. you can join christian forums, or discussion groups or even fellowships. if you can't find any you can start one, and maybe maintain a casual dress code,

Knight1:

Though I'm not a member, a church i can be 80% sure is living that may be around you ( since u ddnt state your location) is Deeper Life.
Watching movies while u supposed to be in church is VERY dangerous. 

Be Blessed

why?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Conclusion On Fake Miracle Workers / Alaafin Of Oyo,sacked / If Told That This Is Your Last Day On Earth, How Would You Spend It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.