Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin (440 Views)

Missing Abdulkadir Aminat: Have You Seen My Pretty Cousin Anywhere In Lagos? / My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today / Somalia's Al-shabab Stones Man To Death For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin by sharpboyus(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2017
The teenager claimed she was asleep at her family home in Rajanpur in Pakistan’s central Punjab province when she was attacked.
She reported the crime to the local panchayat – a tribal court that operates outside the official justice system in remote areas of Pakistan.
Instead of justice, the group turned on her accusing her of seducing her attacker.
Named only as Shumaila, the woman said: “I could not raise an alarm as Ahmed was holding a gun. But the panchayat refused to accept my statement and declared that I wilfully slept with him.”
Reports from Pakistan’s Express Tribune claim the panchayat, which include the alleged rapist’s father, found the victim guilty of adultery, branding her a ‘kari’ or adulteress.
According to local media, Shumaila was then sentenced to death by stoning, a fate she could save herself from if she agreed to be sold off.
No action was taken against the alleged rapist, named locally as Khalil Ahmed.
Fearing for her life, Shumaila, along with her father, turned to local police for help.
An investigation has been launched into her ordeal, and an arrest warrant has been issued for members of the tribal council.
An arrest warrant has also been issued Ahmed.
Women declared ‘Kari’ are often executed by their own families in so-called honour killings as part of efforts to restore their reputation.
In order to protect the victim from all parties, police say she has been given refuge at a government-run safe house for women.

http://newspaperupdate.com/woman-sentenced-to-death-for-adultery-after-she-was-raped-at-gunpoint-by-cousin/
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin by FieryJustice(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2017
disgusting
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin by greenermodels: 4:47pm On May 31, 2017
a nation without Muslims is blessed.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Adultery After SHE Was Raped At Gunpoint By Cousin by pr0blem: 10:18pm On May 31, 2017
Hmmmmmm.. ... nawa o

(1) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye’s Called Gov. Bello Compound Fool That Is On Cheap Drugs / Take A Look At This Rice From Cameroon To Nigeria (pictures) / Cucumber Palava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.