Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? (2991 Views)

How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / 11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by lifeoflolade: 5:38pm On May 31, 2017
Hi guys, with the current exchange rate its no news that prices of cars have gone up. unfortunately for me this is the time i need a car for my family (first car for that matter) but i am seriously low on budget..a friend insist i get a foreign used car, specifically Camry 1999 or 2000, in fact anything Toyota is best for a starter and should never go near Nigerian used cars, but my budget is way low to afford a foreign used Camry 1999 or 2000 which as at now is about 1.1m. so please guys is there a strong and low maintenance foreign used car one can get with just 700k?....pls advice
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by erico2k2(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2017
lifeoflolade:
Hi guys, with the current exchange rate its no news that prices of cars have gone up. unfortunately for me this is the time i need a car for my family (first car for that matter) but i am seriously low on budget..a friend insist i get a foreign used car, specifically Camry 1999 or 2000, in fact anything Toyota is best for a starter and should never go near Nigerian used cars, but my budget is way low to afford a foreign used Camry 1999 or 2000 which as at now is about 1.1m. so please guys is there a strong and low maintenance foreign used car one can get with just 700k?....pls advice
Never . And if U do it will be a car welded in two.
Shipping bout $800 to $1000
Clearing about N400 k cost of buying not inclusive

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by ikdaddy01(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2017
Are you even sure that Camry stil goes for 1.1m

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2017
I've Nigeria fairly used Honda Accord 2002. Mileage 194000. everything is strong and intact. Engine light on, buy and drive home. Location :surulere Lagos. Contact :08135449501 . Personally used.
Price :500,000

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by CarReg(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2017
Patronize a corporate Organization for vehicle paper renewal

We are here to make the logistics of vehicle particulars easy for you…..

CarReg is a e-commerce & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform https://www.carreg.com.ng that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery

Our Office is at 14a Bayo Dejonwo Street, Maryland Ikeja

4 Steps only and received your particulars within hours
1. Click on the URL https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html
2. Choose any of the services by clicking “Add to cart”, e.g Car Renewal or Combo SUV Renewal or Vehicle License - Car
3. Click check out at the Top right corner of the page
4. Provide your name and delivery details

Call our contact center 09090144706 to even book renewal offline

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by nurey(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2017
It's even possible to get a 2002-2004 car for that price in naija unfortunately you are not a technician and not car savvy besides the stress to put it in order may not be your thing.

Look for this cars
1. Nissan micra 19xx to 2002
2. Golf 3 manual
3. 19xx model Nissan primera/sunny/Almera

If I were you with that budget, I will just jejely look for a Nigerian well used manual Kia Rio 2005-2009 your budget should afford it and can seat 5 people comfortably (you, your wife, your children a boy and girl and grandma)

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by chukel(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2017
Not possible even if the car was gotten free from the U.S. shipping cost and custom duty alone will surpass the 700k.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by ogawisdom(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2017
Op ur best bet is first grade naija used1999 to 2001 camry, 600k will get one dts is in good condition n well maintained. Make sure its used by civil servants n 8am to 5pm workers n with a decent mileage ie below 200000km

Focus on Camry or corolla for nw
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by chukel(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
ogawisdom:
Op ur best bet is first grade naija used1999 to 2001 camry, 600k will get one dts is in good condition n well maintained. Make sure its used by civil servants n 8am to 5pm workers n with a decent mileage ie below 200000km

Focus on Camry or corolla for nw
why this mentality naa. Don't mislead this guy. If there are people who abuse cars, civil servants rank among the top. Mileage shouldn't matter when looking at a naija used car. And do you know what a 200,000 km mileage means? That's about 124,000 miles for a 16-18yr old car? Let's mind the kind of advice we give.
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by ogawisdom(m): 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
chukel:
why this mentality naa. Don't mislead this guy. If there are people who abuse cars, civil servants rank among the top. Mileage shouldn't matter when looking at a naija used car. And do you know what a 200,000 km mileage means? That's about 124,000 miles for a 16-18yr old car? Let's mind the kind of advice we give.

What nonsense are u talking leave my advice n give ur own. I have my reasons for saying what I said. Did u even see d part where I said well maintained, next time read properly b4 jumping to comment.

U want him to get a lemon used by some hustler whose engine n transmission may ve been nearly dead.

Bottomline is dt he shld get a professional mechanic to ascertain d true condition of any naija used car engine n transmission b4 he pays for any even if it was used by a pastor or priest.
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by baaliyah(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
What is wrong with a well maintained Niger used car. I will keep buying Niger used cars until I can afford brand new.
There are lot of foreign used cars with hidden problems.
If u eventually go for tokunbo, keep money for battery, registration, tyres, mats, and in some cases, jack, wheel spanner and spare Tyre.
Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by erico2k2(m): 12:00am On Jun 02, 2017
baaliyah:
What is wrong with a well maintained Niger used car. I will keep buying Niger used cars until I can afford brand new.
There are lot of foreign used cars with hidden problems.
If u eventually go for tokunbo, keep money for battery, registration, tyres, mats, and in some cases, jack, wheel spanner and spare Tyre.
Good luck
Not always, all these you mentioned always came with the cars I sold back in the days when i was in car Biz
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by baaliyah(m): 6:37am On Jun 02, 2017
erico2k2:

Not always, all these you mentioned always came with the cars I sold back in the days when i was in car Biz
Bros, I am sure a Toks won't come with a number plate, mats, and some other accessories, most batteries won't last six months.
I was also into cars in the past. U may be lucky with fairly good tyres.
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by erico2k2(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2017
baaliyah:

Bros, I am sure a Toks won't come with a number plate, mats, and some other accessories, most batteries won't last six months.
I was also into cars in the past. U may be lucky with fairly good tyres.
Right ,
On the road tyres must be road legal
Toks comes with number plates as I export them with number plates
There are always mats if it was on at time I bought the car I have no reason to remove them
Batteries can last up to 2 years .
I'm talking as a person who directly exported cars from the EU and US .
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by baaliyah(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2017
erico2k2:

Right ,
On the road toy tyres must be road legal
There are always mats if it was on at time I bought the car I ha e no reason to remove them
I'm talking ad a person who directly exported cars from the EU and US .

Then u are more experienced.
How is ur project in PHC

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by erico2k2(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2017
baaliyah:

Then u are more experienced.
How is ur project in PHC
Nah God
Project all good thanks 4 asking
I'm holding up at the moment cos I'm not there yet , will be doing the top soon . I have passed the Barton to EgunMogaji grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by b2212(m): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
erico2k2:

Right ,
On the road tyres must be road legal
There are always mats if it was on at time I bought the car I have no reason to remove them
I'm talking as a person who directly exported cars from the EU and US .

some sellers/resellers remove them to further increase their margin.

nigerian phenomenon

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by erico2k2(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
b2212:

some sellers/resellers remove them to further increase their margin.

nigerian phenomenon
Nah dem B the thieves so

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by lifeoflolade: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2017
thank you guys , i really appreciate......i have narrowed my choice down to either tokunbo toyota camry 1996 model or honda accord (2000-2002) nigerian used .... please advice if this is a good choice
Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by chukel(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
lifeoflolade:
thank you guys , i really appreciate......i have narrowed my choice down to either tokunbo toyota camry 1996 model or honda accord (2000-2002) nigerian used .... please advice if this is a good choice
it will be nice if u stay away from naija used accord 2000-2002. Accord is one of the Japanese that doesn't really tolerate abuse. Most of that particular accord model are well abused in naija. Incessant transmission problems to suspension issues. You will hardly get a well maintained one.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? by oweniwe(m): 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
chukel:
it will be nice if u stay away from naija used accord 2000-2002. Accord is one of the Japanese that doesn't really tolerate abuse. Most of that particular accord model are well abused in naija. Incessant transmission problems to suspension issues. You will hardly get a well maintained one.

I don't know why I hate the car.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord With Stiff Steering Any Help / Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter / Honda Civic Radio Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.