Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter (3000 Views)

Here Is Why Nigerians Never Think About Buying Innoson Cars! / RX 300 With Camry 2001 Engine & Gear / Man Uses A Rope To Pull A Faulty Car In Benin, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
Pls I need urgent reply from people that knows about RX300 2000 very well.

I don't really know much about car, I sent someone to help me do Inspection, he said the airflow meter is bad though the owner of the vehicle is willingly to change it.

I've already sent money to the person that will be traveling to the place the vehicle is to conclude everything tomorrow so that I can make payment.

Goggling about faulty airflow meter is actually giving me a concern.

Pls someone should help. Another is that , the person I sent for inspection said he noticed the Abs wasn't tighten well, of which he did and when I asked the owner, he said there was a time they worked so so and so place so the have to by-pass the abs. Didn't really know much about those stuffs. Though the mechanic I sent said the engine and every other things are ok just that the airflow meter is bad.

Should I worry much about that even when the airflow meter has been fixed? thanks

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 4:26am On Dec 06, 2018
Pls someone should kindly drop an advise let me not carry a burden I can't replace. I'm a woman though I'm using big daddy and it doesn't give problems just only battery wahala until I got new battery . I've used it for 6 years now and needed to change car.

Pls kindly advise as I've already sent money to the money that will help me close the transaction. I might call him not to travel again. I'm in Lagos and the RX is in PH.

Pls anyone with any room response about fault airflow meter should pls advise me.

Just want to know if it's a major or minor fault in a car pls. Thanks.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 4:27am On Dec 06, 2018
Pls
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by NightHawke: 4:57am On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:
Pls someone should kindly drop an advise let me not carry a burden I can't replace. I'm a woman though I'm using big daddy and it doesn't give problems just only battery wahala until I got new battery . I've used it for 6 years now and needed to change car.

Pls kindly advise as I've already sent money to the money that will help me close the transaction. I might call him not to travel again. I'm in Lagos and the RX is in PH.

Pls anyone with any room response about fault airflow meter should pls advise me.

1. GET A GOOD BATTERY AND CONTINUE USING THE BIG DADDY. ITS MAINTENANCE FRIENDLY FOR ALL.

HAVING SAID THAT-IF THE AIR FLOW METER IS THE ONLY PROBLEM...NOTE IF ITS ONLY THE AIRFLOW METER THAT IS THE PROBLEM AND THEIR ARE NO FURTHER HIDDEN PROBLEMS AWAITING EXPOSURE AS YOU DRIVE IT THEN GO AHEAD AND BUY.

PERSONALLY A SELLER NOT CONCEALING THE VEHICLE'S PROBLEM IS FINE BY ME. IF HE REPLACES IT FROM COST OF PURCHASE THAT IS ALSO FINE.

THE LEMON HERE IS; HOPING THERE ARE NO MORE ISSUES WITH THE RX. ALSO IS YOUR REP DOING THE PURCHASE WITH YOUR INTEREST COMPLETELY AT HEART AND WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A BAD BUY OR AFRAID OF MISSING OUT ON A LIKELY COMMISSION OR TIP
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by homeboy205: 5:26am On Dec 06, 2018
To clear your doubt get the car scanned. Faulty airflow meter sensor isn’t a big deal but you need to know about other fault
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by adanny01(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2018
How did the person who checked the car found out the airflow meter is bad?

Secondly, what are the effects of the bad airflow meter on the car.?

Thirdly, and ABS not tightened well doesnt make sense especially if it brings a light at the dash.

In my opinion, you need more investigation. Airflow meter is easy to buy and replace but the underlaying problems that the seller may have used the airflow meter to cover if any is what you must find out. A good engine is a relative term. Nigerians are good at throwing parts in a car, what if its not even the airflow meter?

I think there is not enough information to advise you properly. Both problems can be confirmed with a simple scan. Make sure the scan is after driving not before. Some codes could be erased and wont show until you drive.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2018
NightHawke:

1. GET A GOOD BATTERY AND CONTINUE USING THE BIG DADDY. ITS MAINTENANCE FRIENDLY FOR ALL.

HAVING SAID THAT-IF THE AIR FLOW METER IS THE ONLY PROBLEM...NOTE IF ITS ONLY THE AIRFLOW METER THAT IS THE PROBLEM AND THEIR ARE NO FURTHER HIDDEN PROBLEMS AWAITING EXPOSURE AS YOU DRIVE IT THEN GO AHEAD AND BUY.

PERSONALLY A SELLER NOT CONCEALING THE VEHICLE'S PROBLEM IS FINE BY ME. IF HE REPLACES IT FROM COST OF PURCHASE THAT IS ALSO FINE.

THE LEMON HERE IS; HOPING THERE ARE NO MORE ISSUES WITH THE RX. ALSO IS YOUR REP DOING THE PURCHASE WITH YOUR INTEREST COMPLETELY AT HEART AND WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A BAD BUY OR AFRAID OF MISSING OUT ON A LIKELY COMMISSION OR TIP

Thanks alot for your reply. Will still keep the big daddy . The big daddy is for hubby and he's just de do shakara anyhow with it of recent. I want to simply get my own and he doesn't even know I'm getting this. He will be surprised.

Meanwhile, I don't actually know the mechanic guy. It was one of the Young's driver that contracted the mechanic guy for me in PH there. The mechanic guy said the engine is very sound. It's just the airflow meter and the seller wouldn't even get it down to me in Lagos without fixing it.

Thanks alot. My mind is relax. The driver will be going to PH today to reinspect it as the seller replaces the airflow meter and now bring it down to Lagos .

Thanks alot.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2018
homeboy205:
To clear your doubt get the car scanned. Faulty airflow meter sensor isn’t a big deal but you need to know about other fault

Exactly my thought . Thanks
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2018
adanny01:
How did the person who checked the car found out the airflow meter is bad?

Secondly, what are the effects of the bad airflow meter on the car.?

Thirdly, and ABS not tightened well doesnt make sense especially if it brings a light at the dash.

In my opinion, you need more investigation. Airflow meter is easy to buy and replace but the underlaying problems that the seller may have used the airflow meter to cover if any is what you must find out. A good engine is a relative term. Nigerians are good at throwing parts in a car, what if its not even the airflow meter?

I think there is not enough information to advise you properly. Both problems can be confirmed with a simple scan. Make sure the scan is after driving not before. Some codes could be erased and wont show until you drive.

It was the mechanic guy that went for the inspection that noticed the ABS and now tighten it. He said is ok. The engine is very sound but the airflow meter isn't working.

Thanks. I think scanning is the best solution here. The driver I paid from Lagos here to also assist in re-inspecting it after the replacement is done before getting it down to Lagos will be traveling today to PH.

Will call him and I form him about the scanning stuff before making payment.

The owner bought the car Tokunbo and he's the first party to drive it here in Nigeria.

Thanks alot.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by CityNGR: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

It was the mechanic guy that went for the inspection that noticed the ABS and now tighten it. He said is ok. The engine is very sound but the airflow meter isn't working.

Thanks. I think scanning is the best solution here. The driver I paid from Lagos here to also assist in re-inspecting it after the replacement is done before getting it down to Lagos will be traveling today to PH.

Will call him and I form him about the scanning stuff before making payment.

The owner bought the car Tokunbo and he's the first party to drive it here in Nigeria.

Thanks alot.
Where's the car's location? Get a qualified tech there to do a thorough inspection

It may involve O2 sensors...
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2018
CityNGR:

Where's the car's location? Get a qualified tech there to do a thorough inspection

It may involve O2 sensors...

It's located in PH. Ok thanks, will tell the guy to do so.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by CityNGR: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

It's located in PH. Ok thanks, will tell the guy to do so.
There's someone who can help you there...ask Gazzuz
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by cardoctor(m): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2018
Why sell a car with a faulty AFM? Something else must be hidden underneath.

1 Like

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2018
Do not buy the vehicle. Look for another one.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2018
Zoharariel:
Do not the vehicle. Look for another one.

Thanks
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by ogawisdom(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

I don't really know much about car, I sent someone to help me do Inspection, he said the airflow meter is bad though the owner of the vehicle is willingly to change it.

I've already sent money to the person that will be traveling to the place the vehicle is to conclude everything tomorrow so that I can make payment.

Pls someone should help. Another is that , the person I sent for inspection said he noticed the Abs wasn't tighten well, of which he did and when I asked the owner, he said there was a time they worked so so and so place so the have to by-pass the abs. Didn't really know much about those stuffs. Though the mechanic I sent said the engine and every other things are ok just that the airflow meter is bad.

Should I worry much about that even when the airflow meter has been fixed? thanks

almost everything in a car can be fixed the purchase price will determine if it's worth it or not.

how much are u paying for it?
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by nurey(m): 11:42am On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

so you are leaving lagos home of cars to go and buy one junk in PH.

are you telling me there is no RX300 forsale in Lagos.

Besides you didn't tell your husband who knows about cars and want to use the car do yanga for him. you can't surprise him because the car isn't his, you just wanna rub it on his face.

There are enough cars in lagos no need to go all the way to PH and talk with your husband about his behaviour 2 hearts have become 1 and then tell him you want your own car he can even decide to add something to what you have on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
nurey:

so you are leaving lagos home of cars to go and buy one junk in PH.

are you telling me there is no RX300 forsale in Lagos.

Besides you didn't tell your husband who knows about cars and want to use the car do yanga for him. you can't surprise him because the car isn't his, you just wanna rub it on his face.

There are enough cars in lagos no need to go all the way to PH and talk with your husband about his behaviour 2 hearts have become 1 and then tell him you want your own car he can even decide to add something to what you have on ground.

Thanks for the advise. Saw that one online and liked it. But I've changed my mind already.

I wouldn't tell my husband because it's none of his business. Meanwhile, I just told my man friend who's a customer in our office to assist. He called USA. The guy that helps them to buy car.

As a woman naa, with our small tactics, I told him what I've is N1m that he should please help to complete it. Incase it's more than which I know it most be more than.

Don't come.and preach for me, I'm not a baby. We've sent the model to the guy. Though him too needs Rav 4 06 and RX 300 he wants to give to his mum and someone this Xmas. They'll enter the same container. We're waiting for his reply. I told the guy Rx300 from 2000 up. Don't actually know the best year and model to request. Awaiting for the available pics, that's after his search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
ogawisdom:

almost everything in a car can be fixed the purchase price will determine if it's worth it or not.

how much are u paying for it?

N1m
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

Thanks for the advise. Saw that one online and liked it. But I've changed my mind already.

I wouldn't tell my husband because it's none of his business. Meanwhile, I just told my man friend who's a customer in our office to assist. He called USA. The guy that helps them to buy car.

As a woman naa, with our small tactics, I told him what I've is N1m that he should please help to complete it. Incase it's more than which I know it most be more than.

Don't come.and preach for me, I'm not a baby. We've sent the model to the guy. Though him too needs Rav 4 06 and RX 300 he wants to give to his mum and someone this Xmas. They'll enter the same container. We're waiting for his reply. I told the guy Rx300 from 2000 up. Don't actually know the best year and model to request. Awaiting for the available pics, that's after his search.

from what you have said I can relate with your situation but I wasn't forcing you or blaming you I am only advicing you as best as I can.

now 1 million naira for a naija used RX300 isn't feasible naija used is around 1.1 minimum and that's for a well rocked 99 model.

I don't need to tell you the 1M can't get you a tokunbo from USA too except it is a junked accidented vehicle.

But you 1m can get you other solid vehicles that will get the job done

nissan pathfinder naija used
kia sportage
suzuki vitara, grand vitara or jimny.
Honda crv 2005 below
Toyota Rav4
nissan xtrail.

you can check those list out see any you fancy they have parts readily available and very solid vehicles
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by ogawisdom(m): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

N1m

get a competent mechanic to check the true condition of the car esp engine and gear, depending on the finding u can negotiate further or walk away. Lexus is a luxury brand n their parts don't come cheap
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
nurey:

from what you have said I can relate with your situation but I wasn't forcing you or blaming you I am only advicing you as best as I can.

now 1 million naira for a naija used RX300 isn't feasible naija used is around 1.1 minimum and that's for a well rocked 99 model.

I don't need to tell you the 1M can't get you a tokunbo from USA too except it is a junked accidented vehicle.

But you 1m can get you other solid vehicles that will get the job done

nissan pathfinder naija used
kia sportage
suzuki vitara, grand vitara or jimny.
Honda crv 2005 below
Toyota Rav4
nissan xtrail.

you can check those list out see any you fancy they have parts readily available and very solid vehicles

Thanks alot.

The RX is 2000. Meanwhile, There's a Kia jeep I saw online too location is Ikeja, the price is fair And it's lovely but don't really know much about KIA maintenance. Don't know if it's maintenance friendly I terms of fuel consumption. Lower cost of body parts and availability.

My first interest is Rav 4 but my money can't get me 06. I don't like those smaller ones. Lol

Don't like Honda at all bc of the way the Tyre pulls off and embarrasses the owner on high way.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
ogawisdom:

get a competent mechanic to check the true condition of the car esp engine and gear, depending on the finding u can negotiate further or walk away. Lexus is a luxury brand n their parts don't come cheap

Thanks
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Alexgray(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
If your mind tells u to buy it, then buy it. For the owner to have disclosed the problem and even offered to fix, i believe that Kind of person is honest enough to do business with

1 Like

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by timifakay(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

Do not buy an 18 year old car to replace a 15 year old car, get something newer and maybe smaller...
There's a Yoruba adage that comes to my mind, due to the circumstances surrounding the purchase, it says: "what you said the head of the home shouldn't hear about, he's the one that will settle it"
Because if the deal doesn't go as planned or other things start coming up....
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Peaceose9(f): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2018
Or you can get the same registered rx 300 ...1.150k from PAYANDRIVE
PAYANDRIVE.... the best car dealers ever
Wherever you want it
Nice cars with no issue at all
You can contact me on 08121585080
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
timifakay:

Do not buy an 18 year old car to replace a 15 year old car, get something newer and maybe smaller...
There's a Yoruba adage that comes to my mind, due to the circumstances surrounding the purchase, it says: "what you said the head of the home shouldn't hear about, he's the one that will settle it"

How many year old car do I need to buy to replace the 15years old one. Pls I'm not really good at this proverb stuff. Pls speak in a language I will understand. What should be the age difference?
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by MotorGuru: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
timifakay:

Newer is better( of course), but i would focus more on the condition of the vehicle than the age, given the budget and purpose of vehicle. I have ridden in 1999 Camry's that were far better in condition than 2012 ones cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by nurey(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

Thanks alot.

The RX is 2000. Meanwhile, There's a Kia jeep I saw online too location is Ikeja, the price is fair And it's lovely but don't really know much about KIA maintenance. Don't know if it's maintenance friendly I terms of fuel consumption. Lower cost of body parts and availability.

My first interest is Rav 4 but my money can't get me 06. I don't like those smaller ones. Lol

Don't like Honda at all bc of the way the Tyre pulls off and embarrasses the owner on high way.

As long as the kia in question is not Kia Mohave or Kia sorento you will be fine. The sportage is common and solid you can get the 2005 below with your budget as tokunbo
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by mammanbawa: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2018
nurey:

As long as the kia in question is not Kia Mohave or Kia sorento you will be fine. The sportage is common and solid you can get the 2005 below with your budget as tokunbo
You can say that again, I have a 2nd gen Kia Sportage at my disposal, car was bought brand new in 2008 and is still on the road till date. Mileage is circa 350k kms.
Trust me if kias are well maintained, they serve you well
2014 sorento also bought brand new in 2014
Still doing well with 100k plus kms on the odometer.
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by CityNGR: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gillbertoesther:

If you are so keen on RX 300 I have a faultless one for sale
Re: Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter by Gillbertoesther: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
CityNGR:

If you are so keen on RX 300 I have a faultless one for sale

Ok. Yep where's your location? Send me mail so that I will send my WhatsApp number to you to send the pics. Thanks. My own Location is Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

P1259 : Vtec System Malfunction / Can I Get A Foreign Used Car For 700k? / Ways An Engine Shorts Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.