Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean (1243 Views)

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Things Black Americans Say To Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by onila(f): 1:26am On Jun 01, 2017
since they hate the idea of moving back to Africa

Afterall majority of Caribbean are afro descent
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by lepasharon(f): 2:10am On Jun 01, 2017
hmm.. maybe cos they feel they dont come from the carribean

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
Um...Because they don't come from the Caribbean?

Second who says we hate Africa?

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
Stranglehold:
Um...Because they don't come from the Caribbean?

Second who says we hate Africa?

Welll actually....(and I hate to say this)...a lot of Black Americans don't know much about Africa other than it being an impoverished continent. They see nothing of value....all the way down to skin color (which is sad).
I assume you live in the U.S....so you've seen the t.v. commercials showing starving children....shanty towns...etc.
The views just aren't good ones.
Many Black Americans are ashamed of their heritage...because they know nothing about it nor are many of them trying.
They only associate with the European culture that they've grown up in....and which, although, has indoctrinated them to feel inferior...still is the culture in which they have complete loyalty to... undecided
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Ioseph(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ngo40:

Welll actually....(and I hate to say this)...a lot of Black Americans don't know much about Africa other than it being an impoverished continent. They see nothing of value....all the way down to skin color (which is sad).
I assume you live in the U.S....so you've seen the t.v. commercials showing starving children....shanty towns...etc.
Many Black Americans are ashamed of their heritage...because they know nothing about it nor are many of them trying.
They only associate with the European culture that they've grown up in....and which, although, has indoctrinated them to feel inferior...still is the culture in which they have complete loyalty to... undecided

I feel like there is a divide between black Americans... correct me if I am wrong.

There is a real culture of self-hate in Black America from what I have seen. I have seen Black Americans before who have said things like "reading is for white people" and other self-degrading gibberish, and some intellectual movements of Black Americans have been extremely racist and have basically copied the rhetoric ironically of White supremacists to fit themselves, or they have denounced academic studies because of their association with white Americans. Also there is this fetish in SOME (not ALL) areas for armed robbers, that grows a very lumpen culture in my opinion. Remember that only 50 years ago Black Americans were under apartheid and were beaten and lynched in Southern White America, and since Trump got in a lot of Black-hating racists have come crawling out of the woodwork and are infesting US society.

Also American culture is really nothing like European cultures. Americans on the whole are very violent, loud and arrogant, and have made much less overall social progress in comparison to Western European nations.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by googi: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nobody identifies with losers.

Until you clean up, stop looting everything you've got and transferring to another country, everyone will be ashamed of you.
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ngo40:

I'm sick and tired of hearing this stupid cliche sh*t. Which is why I deleted my main account and left this forum. AAs aren't ashamed of jack and we have our own history, culture and ethnicity to be proud of. Our heritage is the American South because thats where our culture developed and the ethnogensis of African-Americans came from.

If anyone who feels inferior its African who keep wanting to be westernized badly and I seen it first hand. So you Africans need to stop talking that silly crap about AAs like you know us like you guys say for us.
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
Stranglehold:

I'm sick and tired of hearing this stupid cliche sh*t. Which is why I deleted my main account and left this forum. AAs aren't ashamed of jack and we have our own history, culture and ethnicity to be proud of. Our heritage is the American South because thats where our culture developed and the ethnogensis of African-Americans came from.

If anyone who feels inferior its African who keep wanting to be westernized badly and I seen it first hand. So you Africans need to stop talking that silly crap about AAs like you know us like you guys say for us.

Ok....please calm down brother or sister...
It's gonna be alright...
My late mother was black American so I do have 50 percent of that blood in me.
I was just trying to state facts....sorry if you were offended.
Oh...please trust that I will be addressing the Nigerian side (my other half) as well....cause you have stated some truth.
So you are black American?
By the way...I was born in the Northern/Mid-Western portion of the U.S., but was raised in the Southern portion (where I actually am still living)...so I know the history smiley
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2017
Ioseph:

I feel like there is a divide between black Americans... correct me if I am wrong.

Also American culture is really nothing like European cultures. Americans on the whole are very violent, loud and arrogant, and have made much less overall social progress in comparison to Western European nations.

Well you are correct in the divide.....but how did it happen?
Ever since slavery, there has been a crisis in the black community.
Yes the slave "mentality" is no longer physical but moreso mental.
We have our problems....

But now I have to disagree with your last paragraph. I call American culture Europeanized simply because of the majority's ethnic & racial backgrounds.
Social progress as in what....?
Cause most of the world's standards seem to be set largely through/by America....
Now I had to laugh at the "violent, arrogant, and loud" part.
You can't be serious? Americans
Africans have one of the (if not the) greatest reputation for being "arrogant and loud"!
I know that one's true....i've experienced that.
Now in terms of the violence, all one has to do is go to the Crime section here on NL...and read.
I've had nightmares clicking on the links showing such graphic pics....it's truly frightening.
I've never seen so many dangling heads, burnt bodies, crushed bodies, unclad beatings, crushed and chopped up bodies in my life undecided
Re: Why Don't Black Americans Say They Should Move Back To The Caribbean by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
I can speak for them, but as for me my dream is to go back to Africa as well as many others I know.

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Mother Tongue / History Of Bashorun Gaa / How Many Nigerians Have U Assissted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.