Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Presidential Order To Sack Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Presidential Order To Sack Amodu (3237 Views)

NFF Set To Sack Siasia Over Unpaid Salaries Outburst / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by jibosqie(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2010
NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi has been given what amounts to a 'Presidential directive' to fire Super Eagles coach Shuaibu Amodu and replace him with a foreign coach.
Lulu and members of his NFF board met with the Presidential Task Force led by Governor Chibuike Amaechi on Saturday night, where Lulu, who has dug his heels in supporting Amodu, was told in no clear terms that there was a direct order from the Vice Presidency to fire Amodu, especially after the performance against Benin.

Lulu resisted as usual, but was told that further intransigence would be construed as direct contravention of a Presidential order.

At the end of the meeting, NFF management staff were set to work to review Amodu's contract with a view to ensuring that the terms of termination are properly followed.

Another group was directed to look into the cost of hiring a new coach, and means of sourcing the financing.

No timeline has been set for the final disengagement, neither has a decision been made as to whether the coach will be part of any arrangement.

SOURCE- http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13385
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by cantell(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2010
Medicine after death.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Nezan(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2010
Na today? the guy has been a disappointment.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Youngichou(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2010
Hmmm!! When will we stop this sacking of one coach to another
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Youngichou(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2010
Hmmm!! When will we stop this sacking of one coach to another
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by hatch: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2010
Ok a presidential order to sack Amodu ! Are you guys for real ? I thought your president was already dead !
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by bns(m): 11:27am On Jan 18, 2010
which president sef? Him dey watch match?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by bamidele8: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2010
hiring and firing will it solve our problem? will those who are the driver,s of NFF will allow the new coach to work?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by blackasia: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2010
yeye president  plus yeye coach equals to yeye eagle
ndi ara
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2010
How can you sack a coach who is still delivering on his mandate  

Or is it about skin colour? Neo-colonialism  shocked

Nigeria is through to the WC 2010in SA

Nigeria is still in the ACN 2010

beats me.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Ojumiii(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2010
People Deceive People

What of presidential order on PHCN and water board, jokers
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by milkan05(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Or is it about skin colour? Neo-colonialism  shocked

beats me.

deliver mandate ke? how naaa? or was he given a mandate to put up the most mediocre team in the history of naija football up? well if that is his mandate, no wahala.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by blackasia: 11:42am On Jan 18, 2010
the only thing that gives us joy they already spoil, my girlfriend ask me is this your team going to the world cup,even my country china can do better.crazy hausa controlling football ,instead of rearing cow
football ko , cup ni
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Boboedom: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2010
Better late than never. Good riddance.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by wolexojo(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2010
he! he! he! Who is sacking who? grin grin,okay we Nigerians sack our president too! yes, abi no be so?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Ojumiii(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2010
Ya'adua and Amodu, they both have no sence of direction, so who sacking who?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by 4peace(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2010
hatch#:

I thought your president was already dead !

na your papa and yemen president go die
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by omar22(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
Medicine after death.

ha ha ha!!! after the patient is dead, the Doctor arrives
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by otokx(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
They should leave that chap alone.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by bisiaet: 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
Are they sleeping before? Why now? I knew it will not work as Amodu can not lead Eagle to anywhere infact if care is not taken more disgrace is still on the way by exiting Eagle at qualifying stage. No more magic from this Amodu any longer, the way we even qualify for World Cup is that the way Nigeria should qualify for World Cup? And after a mess and woeful performance he was given cash and Jeep pls able Nigerians what is that for? unbelievable now the NFF or the so called officials are crying foul when the competition is already on and the mess is done.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by 77ken: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Lulu should open a kunu joint and make amodu the manager they make a good combo. grin grin
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by muhsin(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
Is he really the Eagles' problem?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by rotimy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
I hate football. A serious distraction! I wish all our ministers will be sacked and foreign ones hired!
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
77ken:

Lulu should open a kunu joint and make amodu the manager they make a good combo. grin grin

grin ROTFL LWKMD.

anyways, i'm one of those who feel amodu should never have become coach of the Super Eagles in the first place.
However, i think the sacking of Amodu now might prove counter productive, the PTF should have waited until the Super Chickens ended their campaign in Angola before giving Amodu the sack, this might most likely lead to the Chickens being thrown into disarray.
anyways, i'm not surprised, na naija we dey.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by princekevo(m): 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Or is it about skin colour? Neo-colonialism shocked

beats me.
What neo-colonialism in going for a foriegn coach?
If England can go for foreign, How much more Nigeria?

Just some food for thought.
Did Amodu qualify you for WC?
Winning Benin to you , is that an achivement?
Losing to Egypt is also an achievement to you?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2010
A beg lets leave Amodu matter alone. The real question now is between Super Eagles Team and President Yara'Adua whom do you think will first return to back to Nigeria? Super Chickens or Yara'Dull who will first make it back to Naija? I guess it will be Super Eagles. What do you think?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by adeniyi334: 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
Is that possible?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by skyranger: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
the hammer should fall on lulu as well
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by oluclem(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
hatch#:

Ok a presidential order to sack Amodu ! Are you guys for real ? I thought your president was already dead !

If he no die, make you go kill am.
You think say Naija na Yemen?

As for Amodu, He has never been fit 4 super eagles

But the solution is to allow our former footballer like the odegbamis and co manage our NFF. Until then, na same story
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by olubuffett: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
Presidential order to sack amodu, at least he was present while eagles played, who is going to give the order to sack the president?
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by Kgdavid(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
shocked [color=#006600][/color]i am sure i heard somewhere that fifa does not tolerate governmental interference in football. meaning that the presidential order is illegal and will result in the suspension of nigeria from all fifa endorsed competitions. in any case i should think the president has other things to worry about.
Re: Presidential Order To Sack Amodu by oluclem(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kgdavid:

shocked [/color]i am sure i heard somewhere that fifa does not tolerate governmental interference in football. meaning that the presidential order is illegal and will result in t[color=#006600]he suspension of nigeria from all fifa endorsed competitions. in any case i should think the president has other things to worry about.

is it not better for Nigeria to be suspended than being disgrace?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Sallahs Mother Goes Mad After Sons Selfie With Fan / What Your Best Nba Team / Basketball Team: D'Tigers Had Six-Weeks To Prepare – Oyedeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.