Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

****Hannah - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ****Hannah (19170 Views)

HANNAH! 18+(Complete). / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
Have missed so much updates.. I feel so sorry fr Tomiwa.

Nice work ma'am
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

The fat chief appeared to be thinking about what Tomiwa had just said then he stood.
“Leave him for now and come back in the evening, by then, if he still doesn’t talk, I’ll tell you what to do.” He said and left the room.
“My hand still dey scratch me to blow you.” Tomiwa’s attacker said and gave him one final blow in the stomach. He slumped to the ground and was grateful for the warm embrace of the cold concrete floor as his face touched it. This is the end- he thought to himself and closed his eyes, giving up on everything, hope was useless at this point, he close his eyes one final time and said goodbye to consciousness.

Hannah was in a frenzy, she was disoriented, her thoughts were scattered, her husband had been kidnapped while she was snoring, if only she’d been there, she would have fought them off. She’d hung up on iya Lati when she started asking too many questions, she checked the time on the wall clock, just a few minutes to seven AM but it was still too early to go to officer Suleman, strangely, her father had shown concern about her situation and she was grateful for that.

“Hannah, o ba se suuru, Olorun a wa pelu Tomiwa, se suuru omo mi, baba Agbabiaka o ti le ji bayii, ni suuru omo mi, ti iwo ba n se bayii, kilo fe ki awon omo e wa se ehn, jo ni suuru (Hannah, be patient, God will be with Tomiwa, baba Agbabiaka won’t be awake by now, be patient my child, if you’re acting this way, what do you want you children to do, please be patient.)” iya Hannah said since Hannah had been pacing up and down the living room, Hannah eyed her mother for a while then looked away, just then, Yejide and Korede walked in fully dressed in their school uniforms, they knew something was wrong because first, their mum had received a call, then second, screamed and had been restless since then.

“Maami… (My mother)” Yejide said referring to her grandmother
“… awa ti fe ma lo o, owo moto nko? (We’re about to leave, where is our transport fare?)” she asked.
“Lo wo lori bedside niyara mi (it’s on the bedside table in my room)” iya Hannah replied and Yejide disappeared then came back holding a five hundred naira note, thanked her grandmother and left for school with her brother.
“Maami, daddy (officer Suleman) would be awake by now, he’s not a late sleeper, plese let me go and talk to him.” Hannah said and her mother nodded her agreement, not that she could do otherwise since Hannah was already by the door.
Hannah walked quickly to ‘daddy’s’ hose, certain that he’d be awake and she was right, she met walking round his house as he usually did, inspecting the house in case any of his tenants had done any damage, so typical of a landlord who lived in the same compound with his tenants.

“Daddy, e kaaro sir (Good morning sir)” Hannah greeted on her knees.
“Hannah, my dear, stand up, good morning, how are you?”
“I’m not fine sir, I received a call from my neighbour informing me that two guys came to beat up my husband and they even took him away, daddy what are you boys doing, shebi they are supposed to be protecting him, how come they opened their eyes and didn’t do anything when he was attacked to the extent that he was kidnapped ehn, I am tired o, are you sure these boys are working at all abi is it because I don’t have money ehn, they…”
“HA-NNAH! Be patient, my boys are aware of everything, they even called to inform me a while ago, I reacted the same way but this is a blessing in disguise, at least this would lead them to the culprits.” Hannah clapped her hands thrice and laughed a bitter laugh.
“Ehehn, so my husband should be suffering because some useless detectives don’t know their jobs? Okay, thank you daddy, tell them to rescue my husband, I am not doing again, I’m no longer interested in their services, God will fight for us.” Hannah said and walked out of the house while officer Suleman shook his head in pity.
“Hannah sha, she’s never patient, I’m certain she’ll come back.”

TBC
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
swankmee:
OP, DO YOU ATTEND MFM..... #aclosedmouthisacloseddestiny#

I really feel for Tomiwa sha
Lol... it is well, I am part MFM, part RCCG grin
Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Delicious update..

grin

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Delicious update..

grin
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“But me I believe the guy o, you know say person like am go just be like recruit wey them go dey use con find small change for am, hin go happy.”
“That one no too consine me, my hand just dey scratch to kill person.”
“Guy, nawa for you o, na so so violence you dey like.”
“See you, na the work wey we do do n aim be this, so na you gat to man up, I see as you dey look when I clear that Tomiwa guy.”
“Buh you no suppose finish am like that, you just waste the innocent guy for nothing.”
“Guy, look, a man gat to do what he gat to do, if chief come now con talk say make we kill am nko, shey you go open eye for am? So abeg no dey open eye dey strong bone for me.” He concluded and walked away. That was the conversation between the two men that had kidnapped Tomiwa.

Meanwhile, Tomiwa still lay in the room where he’d been kept, slipping in and out of consciousness with his hands still tied. He wished for death, he was tired, he just couldn’t muster enough strength to hope, he just lay, wishing death would stop cat walking and hurry to take him in his arms. At a point, he thought he was dead; everywhere had been so bright and white, he’d seen his family smiling at him with outstretched arms, well they were not the family he knew, these ones were long dead but somehow he’d recognised them. He’d taken two steps forward to meet them but was held back by a force, so strong that he wanted to look at what it was but ‘the family’ beckoned on him, they kept urging him to come forward, they looked so peaceful. Alas! His curiosity had the upper hand and he looked back just like Lot’s wife had done only, that he didn’t turn to a pillar of salt, and he saw, first, his children then Hannah and his mother looking at him but somehow they couldn’t see him. His heart was torn between the two families, he really wanted to join ‘the family’ because they seemed and looked really happy and at peace and yet he wanted to be with his wife and children. His dilemma was put on hold when the ground started shaking and the distance between him and both families increased rapidly, earthquake ke! He thought but stood rooted to a spot.

In real life, there was no earthquake, one of the kidnapperswas only trying to wake Tomiwa.
“Abi him don die true true?” the other asked with a confused look.
“I no too sure again o.”
“Abeg, no kobalise my career, shake am wella, no be him chest they move so, him go still they breathe.”
“Go carry water come abeg, I no dey ready for chief wahala.” And the other guy rushed the get the water, from the look of their faces, one could easily deduce that they were afraid.
“He don wake jare.” One of them said as Tomiwa stirred but that didn’t stop them from pouring the the bowl of cold water on Tomiwa’s head and he became fully awake. He looked round and wondered why the environment had suddenly changed, why he wasn’t dead already, he wasn’t ready for any kind of torture but he resigned to fate when he saw one of the guys produce a knife from his pocket.

TBC
Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

TBC

I love you more honey
cheesy

Patiently waiting for the next update..

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
****HANNAH****

STORY FINALE

Tomiwa was surprised when the guy bent to cut the rope used to tie his hands while the other presented him with a plate of food. Now his surprise heightened, a while, most likely, hours ago, these guys were doing everything to kill him without actually putting a knife to his throat a pulling a bullet to his head and now, they are giving him food? Maybe the food was poisoned, well that was a easier way to die, less painful than a bullet or maybe it wasn’t, for now he was hungry so he would eat, poison or no poison.

“Oga Ade, chop fast fast, we go reach those your oga side tomorrow morning.” Tomiwa smiled inwardly so they finally believed him but that still didn’t mean they wouldn’t or couldn’t kill him if they so wished. After eating, Tomiwa was allowed to sleep and regain a fraction of his strength then he led the two guys to Shanawole’s house in the early hours of the next day. chief had instructed them to let him go which they did but they took his phones; the android and a smaller one, his wallet with the little cash in it, his driver’s license was broken right there but they were kind enough to let him have his National ID card, he couldn’t complain na, which human in his or her right mind would when you were just seconds away from death, at least they gave him his life, for all he cared, they could break the ID too, he didn’t care, he just wanted them to drive off so the trekking could begin before day break. He decided to go a friend’s place first to sleep before calling his wife and going home.

Hannah was full of joy as she saw Tomiwa walk into the house, she ran to hug him with tears running down her cheeks, the children also came to welcome their father, it was a sober moment for the family of four, they’d gone through a lot lately. Hannah moved swiftly to clean Tomiwa’s wounds, there were cuts on his lips and face, he complained of body ache and there were bruises on his back. She treated him to a delicious meal, prepared a warm bath for him and let him sleep. The rest of the day went by without incident, Tomiwa slept with both eyes closed for the first time in a long time but he was still suffering from a mild case of paranoia. Tomiwa’s reassurance that all was well came when detectives Wale and Segun came visiting the next day and promised to take up the case and make sure the culprits were punished.
Little by little, Hannah moved their things out of the room to the one bedroom mini flat they’d rented with part of Tomiwa’s savings and monetary assistance from her father. The family was recovering from the ordeal and they worked hand in hand to stabilize Tomiwa. It is needless to say that Tomiwa has learnt that all that glitters is not gold.

EPILOGUE

TOMIWA

He walked out of the house and looked up at the sky, it was a lovely day that God had made and for the first time in a while, he was glad and could freely rejoice in it. He was vindicated at long last, he could now walk on the street without looking over his shoulder, indeed, he felt super human, to his kids, he was a hero, to the community and the government, he was a good no, patriotic citizen. Wait, he laughed to himself, he was a beneficiary of corruption, the same corruption he always complained about; he could have serve a jail term but officer Suleman had pushed some buttons and pulled some strings and he walked out of the police station a free man. He’d declined witnessing against Scorpion and his gang in court; he was content with the role he’d played thus far. He was glad to be back with his family, religiously minding his keke business and being very cautious with his dealings lest there be a recurrence. He smiled again and got into his tricycle, started the engine with his family seated at the back, he rode out to start the business of the day.

HANNAH

Her father had gotten her a ‘container’ shop, she was really glad that baba had changed his attitude towards her, she went about her business with fulfilment but she still had her mind on expansion but she didn’t despise her humble beginning. The past few months had been a transition for her family, one which she drifted through like a dream.

She sat on the bench in front of her shop and exchanged pleasantries with her neighbours. It felt good to live normally again. The weeks when Tomiwa had been working with the police had been terrifying, she feared for the safety of her family but now that was all over. She was glad to have Tomiwa back to his normal self, her dad not treated her like his child and her big sister, Ruth, now associated with her like a sibling.
‘God bless my family’ she muttered to herself, life was indeed a journey of free will in that one could do as he/she pleased or do the will of the creator.

THE END.

5 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Lildiamond: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
I love this story God bless
Re: ****Hannah by Maksol(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
Your story is awesome. Keep it up n more grease to your elbow.
Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
I must commend you for this great job.. I've learnt one or two things from this wonderful piece.. More ink to your pen and more power to your elbow Aunty Ayo..

Don't forget to mention me when you start a new story.. Am Unfollowing this one..

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by MhizDherbee(f): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ayoomodaddy, you r special! Your stories always have a unique way of sending msgs across to the reader. I followed from Ireti, to Hannah and i dnt regret it. Please mention me when you start another pleasant story! God bless you plenty.

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2017
Happy ending smiley

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by JaeSharp(m): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
this is what I call a story... so many lessons... God bless you

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Rapoo(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2017
nice story, you did well, God enlarge your coast in Jesus name, amen!!!

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dopeyomi:
I must commend you for this great job.. I've learnt one or two things from this wonderful piece.. More ink to your pen and more power to your elbow Aunty Ayo..

Don't forget to mention me when you start a new story.. Am Unfollowing this one..
Thanks a lot dear, definitely I won't forget my first nairaland love kiss
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
JaeSharp:
this is what I call a story... so many lessons... God bless you
Lildiamond:
I love this story God bless
Rapoo:
nice story, you did well, God enlarge your coast in Jesus name, amen!!!
Amen, thank you all, God bless and enlarge you too. cool
Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
You've done a great job here. Well done

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:

Thanks a lot dear, definitely I won't forget my first nairaland love kiss

Awwwwwwwn cheesy

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by oluwafemi1993: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nice write up, I must confess, but don't forget to mention in your next story ooo

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Oyindawealth(f): 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
It will be so heartless of me, not to drop a comment..... Ayoomodaddy weldone!!! I enjoyed d story.... More wisdom to ur brain!!!

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Boyooosa(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Baba, this is rubbish, you should have let me handle it.”
“What do you want me to do, the deed has been done.”
“I know but it could have been avoided, mark my words, I’ll personally deal with Shanawole.” Shadow said angrily.
“We have to be careful, this guy has proven to be a cat with nine lives, if we’re not careful, the police might be on our tail sooner than we expect.” Scorpion chipped in.
“Will you shut your mouth?” Shadow thundered “All thanks to you and that idiot, we all have to look over our shoulders while we walk in the street.” He added now towering over Scorpion.
“Shadow…” Babanla called “… shouting won’t solve anything so please sit.”
“Baba, you’re the cause of all this for trusting such inexperienced fools over me.” The still angry Shadow fired. Scorpion looked away, he was bigger and more hefty in size than Shadow but he knew Shadow had the power to kill him right there and then and nobody would question him. He couldn’t say a word, he knew he’d messed up and had put the gang at risk, he shouldn’t have left Tomiwa to Shanawole knowing fully well that he had a soft spot for him, he should have handled the job himself now he was in trouble with the boss.
“Baba, I accept my fault for this gbege (problem) but please give me one more chance and I’ll clean this up, I promise.” Scorpion pleaded.
“Scorpion, I swear to God, if you say one more word there, I’ll squeeze that useless life out of your worthless body with my bare hands.” Shadow shouted.
“It’s okay boys…” Babanla chided “…Scorpion, you have disappointed me and proven yourself unworthy of jobs like this, there will be no opportunity to redeem yourself on this matter because this is the second time you’ve failed so Shadow will take it up from here and that is final.” He concluded.
“Scorpion, you and Shanawole must see me this evening if you know you don’t want to kiss the earth.” Shadow said.
“Y-y-y-yes-ye-yes-yessir.” Scorpion stammered and Shadow stormed out of the house. Scorpion pleade with Babanla for a while before he took his leave but Baba had no say in the matter, Shadow’s decision was final so Scorpion prepared his mind for the worst but was grateful that his life would be spared.

Back in the hospital, Tomiwa was awake, the bandages on his head had been taken off, he could see better; the doctor had said he was lucky because the knife cut had miraculously missed his optic nerve, Hannah was full of joy but was still sad that her husband hadn’t told her the full details of his calamity.

Tomiwa sat quietly on the hospital bed, watching Hannah pack his things into a bag. He was afraid, the worst was not over, he knew his life, worse still, his family was in danger, he was thinking of where to run to or at least where to hide his family. he remembered the blow he’d received from Scorpion that fateful day he’d been bold enough to tell him he was longer interested in being their chauffer, the blow had sent him reeling backwards then straight to the ground then a fierce kick to his stomach followed. He’d begged but his pleas had fallen on deaf ears. He didn’t know as much as they thought he knew but he was certain that they were drug dealers and political thugs, he knew their boss was wanted by the drug agency and that the secret service was on them for some political crimes, but that was not his business, he just wanted out, he wondered why they wouldn’t leave him alone. Three days after he’d first indicated that he wanted to leave, Shanawole called and he’d agreed to meet him out of fear, he’d promised that he didn’t know much and that he’d never tell a soul the little he knew but Shanawole would have none of that, he’d turned his back and left him at the mercy of three other guys. He was battered, he face was bloodied, his clothes were thorn and blood stained, he’d even lost a tooth but the torture wasn’t over yet, the blood thirsty hounds that had been unleashed on him were not satisfied yet; they carried him back to his house in his semi-conscious state and had left a scar on the right side of his face with a sharp pocket knife, the pain had been excruciating but he’d mustered enough strength not to shout, well, he’d been gagged during the process, he’d watched his blood drip from the knife to the floor before they’d wiped it clean on his already bloodied shirt. The gag was removed and his consciousness was slipping away, the gang left and locked the door behind them, most likely, they’d kept the key with them. He was now afraid that his whole family was in trouble because of his foolishness.

TBC
NA WA FOR U O OMO DADDY, UPON SAY I TELL U MAKE U MENTION ME FOR SUBSEQUENT EPISODES, SEE U NOW, U DON DO LIKE 2 OR 3 EPISODES AND NO ALERT, NO TEXT, NO MENTION, NOTHING embarassed. NA WA FOR U O shocked! HOW U WAN ME MAKE I START NOW, SHAY MAKE I COM DEY GO SCATTER NAIRALAND 'AJOGBA' NI NOW' LIKE PERSON WEY HIN COMB LOSS OR NA NL WARD ROBE U WAN ME MAKE I DEY SCATTER LIKE PERSON WEY HIN CLOTHE LOSS undecided
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2017
Boyooosa:

NA WA FOR U O OMO DADDY, UPON SAY I TELL U MAKE U MENTION ME FOR SUBSEQUENT EPISODES, SEE U NOW, U DON DO LIKE 2 OR 3 EPISODES AND NO ALERT, NO TEXT, NO MENTION, NOTHING embarassed. NA WA FOR U O shocked! HOW U WAN ME MAKE I START NOW, SHAY MAKE I COM DEY GO SCATTER NAIRALAND 'AJOGBA' NI NOW' LIKE PERSON WEY HIN COMB LOSS OR NA NL WARD ROBE U WAN ME MAKE I DEY SCATTER LIKE PERSON WEY HIN CLOTHE LOSS undecided
Chai, this one strong o... I'm very sorry... skipped my mind ni...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / My Service Year In Yorubaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.