Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River (483 Views)

Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Onaiyekan Hands Over To Ignatius Kaigama As Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by FMary(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
The Archbishop of Bafia, Cameroon, Mgr Jean Marie Benoît Balla has reportedly taken his own life by jumping into the Sanaga River around the Ebebda Bridge in Cameroon.

The Catholic community launched a search for the clergyman after his Land Cruiser SUV with registration plate number CE 9503V was found on the Ebebda bridge Wednesday afternoon- about 90km from Yaounde.

A search of the vehicle revealed his ID card, driver’s license and car documents.

However, a handwritten note on the letter head of the diocese simply read “Je suis dans l’eau”, which translated into English as “I am in the water” was also found in the car, local news website, cameroon-info.net reported.

Naseri Paul Bea, Governor of the Centre region, the Divisional Officer of the locality and other administrative authorities were reported to have rushed to the scene with security forces.

The Divisional Officer, D.O, of Ebebda, told journalists that a Reverend Father informed him about the incident at about 1pm.

“I immediately ran to the scene and saw for myself. The car is truly here on the bridge and the note the Bishop left suggests he jumped into the river”, said the DO.
He also said no damage had been done to the car which indicates there was no violence.

Source: http://www.francismary.org/sad-news-catholic-archbishop-commits-suicide-by-jumping-into-the-river/

Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by Cladez(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
PATHETIC
Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by niceprof: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Somebody cannot go for baptism again? i dont believe this story though.
Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by FMary(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Baptism grin grin grin

You can Google the story sha..it's all over the Internet since yesterday.

niceprof:
Somebody cannot go for baptism again? i dont believe this story though.
Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by eezeribe(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
OK
Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by Pastafarian: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
niceprof:
Somebody cannot go for baptism again?

now this is funny grin

Thanks for making me laugh
Re: Catholic Archbishop Commits Suicide By Jumping Into The River by FMary(m): 10:13am On Jun 02, 2017
It may not be that funny

(1) (Reply)

Another Pastorpreneur In The Making? / Why I Prefer Atheism To Agnotism / Please Share A Testimony, Story Or Article To Help Encourage Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.