Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal (537 Views)

France President Speak On Paris Climate Deal As Trump Threatens To Destroy N.kor / Donald Trump Pulls The United States Out Of The Paris Climate Change Agreement / Trump: U.S. To Withdraw From Paris Climate Pact, Calls It 'unfair' For America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by Atigba: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Donald Trump withdraws US from Paris climate deal
The Paris deal is too costly for the US, said Donald Trump as he withdrew his country from the accord. The US now joins Syria and Nicaragua as the only nations not to support the landmark global climate change deal.

The US will withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change despite international condemnation, US President Donald Trump announced on Thursday.

'In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord," Trump said at the White House.

"As of today the US will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord and the draconian financial and economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country.

"This includes ending the implementation of the nationally determined contribution and very importantly the Green Climate Fund which is costing the US a vast fortune."

Trump said he was willing to reenter negotations or to negotiate a new agreement that is more advantageous to America.

"We will start to negotiate and we will see if we can make a deal thats fair. And if we can, that's great, and if we can't that's fine.

http://m.dw.com/en/donald-trump-withdraws-us-from-paris-climate-deal/a-39085040

Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by chijiblaze(m): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
I listened to the pulling out speech which he made, I think he really made some sense.

The deal doesn't seem to achieve much though...1/20% of 1 degree centigrade in temperature reduction in 100 years! i.e. If it is properly implemented. Not to talk of if one or more countries decide to cheat and don't fully implement it.

The deal is quite lopsided. Placing a lot of restrictions on the USA whereas leaving China and India with lots of room to manoeuvre and emmitt more greenhouse gases.

Renewable energy generation now cannot meet up with the current energy demands. Hence fossil fuels are still indispensable.

CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas that causes the warming.

President Trump offered to negotiate a new better deal or to improve the Paris one.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by Atigba: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Spending trillions of U.S. tax dollars to supposedly change the Earth's temperature by .03° in a century is insane.

People keep shouting science, yet "science" is constantly wrong about almost every prediction in the "climate change" arena. The science itself is only funded to prove a political point. People wishing to explore an alternative viewpoint cannot get public funding. That is propaganda, not science.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/report-95-percent-of-global-warming-models-are-wrong/

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by Atigba: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
chijiblaze:
I listened to the pulling out speech which he made, I think he really made some sense.

The deal doesn't seem to achieve much though...1/20% of 1 degree centigrade in temperature reduction in 100 years! i.e. If it is properly implemented. Not to talk of if one or more countries decide to cheat and don't fully implement it.

The deal is quite lopsided. Placing a lot of restrictions on the USA whereas leaving China and India with lots of room to manoeuvre and emmitt more greenhouse gases.

Renewable energy generation now cannot meet up with the current energy demands. Hence fossil fuels are still indispensable.

President Trump offered to negotiate a new better deal or to improve the Paris one.

The man is truly fulfilling his campaign promise

Pretty ironic that most (all?) of the people freaking out about this deal and how this will impact future generations of children, also wholeheartedly support Planned Parenthood.
Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by hucienda: 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
chijiblaze:

Atigba:

The man is truly fulfilling his campaign promise

Pretty ironic that most (all?) of the people freaking out about this deal and how this will impact future generations of children, also wholeheartedly support Planned Parenthood.

Thank you chijiblaze and atigba. That's one of the many ironies of the left.

The way the establishment - media, political parties and the like - have been attacking Trump since June 2015 till date is stuff of legend.

lalasticlala, over to you.
Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 02, 2017
Coming from one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions, this guy
Re: Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal by lexy2014: 4:25am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:
Coming from one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions, this guy
it was a campaign promise and he came thru 4d American people. I listened 2d guy, he made some sense from d American point of view

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lesotho Pm’s Wife Shot Dead (picture) Naija Responds / LIVE: Catalan Students Rally In Support Of The Referendum In Barcelona / Unclad Kenyan Woman (raila Supporters) Protests In Nairobi Against IEBC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.