Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body (35793 Views)

Why Garri Is One Of The Mostly Consumed Staples In West Africa / Farmfat Garri And Fufu / Why Tomatoes Are Always Expensive From May Till July And The Glut In August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by donborg(m): 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Buhari and his fulani co- conspirators have a plan-- total chaos to inflict maximum hunger, starvation, killings, rapine and destruction. That is their plan. If not why harrass and rape old women in their farms...sons of perdition, may God strike you people dead for your wickedness!

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by bigfather(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Origin:
That's why it is N500 in Ogun ibadan Ondo but N1000 in Lagos.

Have they been attacking Lagos farmers too?

Please tell us precise locations of this attacks and the number of people affected.

Its now 1,200
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by pokipoki: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
What do people expect from bad leadership? Maybe when the death toll reaches one million , only then the federal government might take actions.Shame on the government and the security services in Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Obeby(m): 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Do you mind those ppl?

I've never heard of herdsmen attack in Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Osun o!
Those Garri sellers have Union and the union dictates the price to their advantage
If the government doesn't implement price, control we'll just continue to suffer.

I disagree. To a large extent, what's said by the man is true. But, of course, they also through their policy inflate the price of these goods. This is coupled with other unlisted inflationary conditions.

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by micfoley: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Arian11:
mtchewww....i swear ba they should just round up all the whole herdsme...n all of them in nigeria....make a large man made lake ...but instead of water it should be fuel...drop all of them inside and burn them to crisp....i mean wtf with this herdsmen....and their oga President Buhari is in london.

as im typing this im f*#king angry

I hope u know that after this, the price of beef will skyrocket. And the price of garri won't come down
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by woleabayo(f): 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Do you mind those ppl?

Those Garri sellers have Union and the union dictates the price to their advantage
If the government doesn't implement price, control we'll just continue to suffer.
i never listen to them cos they dont use their money to buy goods in the market all are been given them freely and those who buy na government money what do they expect
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Arian11(m): 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
we'll rear the cattles ourselves

micfoley:

I hope u know that after this, the price of beef will skyrocket. And the price of garri won't come down
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Iss a good thing nau!

Change Dole grin
Sai Bahbah tongue
Change that doesn't affect the price of Garri, that one nah Schange
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by bonifieldstun(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
NO NA I "THINK" Nigeria is getting out of recession ,may dog chop that Kemi mouth

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by holluphemydavid(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
I dnt knw wher Nigeria is headline to, even d poor can't longer boost of buying garri for consumption may God help us
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by udysweet(f): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
omoelerin1:
that what good for you lagosians. na now you go dey value we wey be villagers. shebi you na dey look down on us as if we be good for nothing. you no know sey we hold your lives.
Ogbeni you no hold my life mbok! That's me sometimes in March planting cassava somewhere in Etinan LGA Akwa Ibom state for one of my big mummy on my visit to the village. Hopefully on my next trip it should be due for harvest and I'm sure to get my share. By the way mum was a farmer for years before she passed on, farming involves a lot of physical and financial even mental strength, I'm even thinking it's part of what led to her illness and subsequent death. Reason I might not really consider farming is because it will remind me of her. And Lagos sef, you need to go to the interiors to get land were you can cultivate enough to make sense or else na backyard garden you go do if you manage see space for backyard sef, Lagos landlord don use all build shops and flats, lol.
That my other ayin eka that quoted me, see me I don Dakaada, lol

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Price of agricultural produce needs to be high to encourage farmers. Some people do virtually nothing in their offices monthly but receive humongous salaries at the end of the month while farmers that till the land for a whole year are expected to receive peanuts. That is wickedness! If you feel the price is too high, I beg, cutlass and vacant land dey everywhere (if e no dey Lagos, Abuja, Kanu, Porthacout etc, e dey your village),
go farm.

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by omoharry(f): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
I believe these farmers..My friend that lost his job some time last year ventured into cassava farming somewhere around at Ofada, in Ogun state.. Fulani cattle continuously eat up the cassava plant until there was non left..other farmers were equally affected..he was so frustrated about it because he invested a lot of money in the whole process..He had to look for something else to do in order not to be a victim of Fulani herds men attack. These Fulani people are terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Origin(f): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
obasy09:
Price of agricultural produce needs to be high to encourage farmers. Some people do virtually nothing in their offices monthly but receive humongous salaries at the end of the month while farmers that till the land for a whole year are expected to receive peanuts. That is wickedness! If you feel the price is too high, I beg, cutlass and vacant land dey everywhere (if e no dey Lagos, Abuja, Kanu, Porthacout etc, e dey your village),
go farm.

The truth of the matter is farmers rarely get the gains, its the resellers that do. I just got garri price as N900 yesterday. Heard it just came down from N1000 yet people are buying N1100 N1200. All prices in Lagos.

Retailers will seek best price from farmers, hoard and hike prices and say its buhari.

When prices of basic food items/ products rise. You are joking with inflation. For farmers to enjoy, you will need a public board that buys directly from farmers at a fixed price and seller to retailers at a minimal markup. Everyone knows how much prices are at the board so patronise the lowest reseller. Farmers benefit, food prices stable, everybody wins. But only if normal people operate it.
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Rahym001(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
rice is now cheaper than garri
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Guys need to come up with an alternative to gari,semo wheat. angry
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Before it was dollars (exchange rate)...now its Fulani herdsman..tomorrow it will be because of one useless stuff. OK what of the farmers in oyo, Ogun and ondo were they also attacked . This dude needs to stop this tales by the moon light stuff
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Shameless liars!
Lie mohammed crew!
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by dragonking2: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Origin:

Please tell us precise locations of this attacks and the number of people affected.
Why must you tell lies. angry
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by Suko110(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juanthenairague:
Serious review on price control needed, if not....
That's it my guy , nor b d rubbish stories dat man dey talk , wen did they start bringing garri ans odas from north ? We even wicked pass dis government self .
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by dragonking2: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
quentin06:
Guys need to come up with an alternative to gari,semo wheat. angry
Give us examples
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by omoelerin1: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
udysweet:

Ogbeni you no hold my life mbok! That's me sometimes in March planting cassava somewhere in Etinan LGA Akwa Ibom state for one of my big mummy on my visit to the village. Hopefully on my next trip it should be due for harvest and I'm sure to get my share. By the way mum was a farmer for years before she passed on, farming involves a lot of physical and financial even mental strength, I'm even thinking it's part of what led to her illness and subsequent death. Reason I might not really consider farming is because it will remind me of her. And Lagos sef, you need to go to the interiors to get land were you can cultivate enough to make sense or else na backyard garden you go do if you manage see space for backyard sef, Lagos landlord don use all build shops and flats, lol.
That my other ayin eka that quoted me, see me I don Dakaada, lol
i was only joking! Frankly speaking farming is capital intensive and not easy. You cant solely depend on it for livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by 3kay945(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
This kind news just dey give me headache lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by kpaofame: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sociologie:
400 to 500 in ib, Lagos 1000 not negotiable smiley

Oga the measure is different....where can you buy paint container of garri 400 to 500 in IB undecided undecided undecided...that small plate(kongo) is 400- 500 with is approximately half of the paint container....

This is the pix of paint cup of Garri....

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by enomakos(m): 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Do you mind those ppl?

are you a farmer? do you have farm land in ondo ,Ogun ,Oyo or osun? if not don't say what you didn't know

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by enomakos(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
stevolinkon40:

It's better you discuss what you know.
Fulani cattle rearers ate up my dad's faRM a month old leaving nothing behind over 5hectares in oyo state
don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by OduduaDefender(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Do you mind those ppl?

You've never heard of herdsmen attack in Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Osun? You can,'t be serious! Let me tell you, Fulani herdsmen attack farmers on daily basis especially in the Oke-Ogun axis of Oyo state. My dad's tens of acres of cassava farm was destroyed and that is just one in hundreds of such cases happening daily. In Oke-Ogun, One of the food baskets of Nigeria, farmers can no longer go to their farms without fair. This nonsense has got to stop.

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by xxgig(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Do you mind those ppl?

this goes beyond Union, the community where I served in one of the north central state, I asked why are there no cassava farms here, I was told herdsmen attack has discouraged most farmers from planting cassava. If we all now depend on supplies from the south, u definitely know we'll have less supply(at a higher price.).even in my own small community here, if u are not ready to pay the high price, there are ready buyers who buy and transport to big cities for resale.

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by fof1: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Origin:

SO ARE U SI NAIVE AS TO DOUBT THE POINTS HE IS RAISING HERE. THESE ARE KNOWN CAUSATIVE FACTORS AMONGST MANY OTHERS THAT ARE NOT IMMEDIATE EFFECTS. A GERMAINE CONCERN EXPRESSED AND U ARE HERE TRIVIALISING IT. WHAT A BOGOS CONDUCT?

1 Like

Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by kpaofame: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
Why must you tell lies. angry

She dont know the difference between paint cup(basket for Warri) and bowl(kongo/half basket)
Re: Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body by enomakos(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
micfoley:

who beef help? chicken and goat no de? what of fish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / Cow Kills Owner In Delta Abattoir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.