Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) (2352 Views)

Corper Proposes To Female Soldier At Ebonyi NYSC Camp (Photos) / Only Two Corpers Served In A Jigawa Local Government (Photos) / Female Soldier Who Is Rocking Lagos NYSC Camp. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Yarnvibes(f): 2:54am On Jun 03, 2017
National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member serving in Kwara state have complained about the kind of food they are being served during the orientation camp.

In an exclusive report sent by a corp member in the state on the condition of anonymity, he said they have been served substandard food.

He noted that the situation was different when the director-general of NYSC paid them a visit as they were served very good food.

Read the report below:

"This is a sample of tea given at NYSC camp yikpata Kwara where NYSC officials embezzle money with pen and make substandard food for corps members.

"This is totally uncalled for. The director general came for a visit and that very day a good meal was prepared and since he left the condition has worsen.

"A situation that someone who picked a phone has been judged and punished by the camp court and still brought outside for a public disgrace that is totally not acceptable. It would result to stigma and total isolation as long as he would remain in camp.
"While some NYSC officials have been embezzling money and yet not charged, we were told that 500 naira was allocated by the government for daily feeding.

"Considering the total population of the camp which is 1900 making a multiplication is 950 000 for daily feeding and yet we are served junks, something need to be done."

Meanwhile, Emmanuel Attah, the coordinator of the NYSC said 49 corps members have been sent back home over health issues.

According to reports, Attah disclosed this information in Ede camp, Osun state.

Attah made this known on Wednesday, May 31, during the inspection of the permanent orientation by Brigadier General Sule Zakari Kazaure, the director-general of the NYSC.

http://fabinfos.com/nysc-member-complains-about-food-being-served-in-camp-photos/

Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by smartty68(m): 3:22am On Jun 03, 2017
Well, is quite unfortunate. But left for me alone NYSC should have been scrapped a long time ago.

Just a national waste.

Good morning NairaLanders
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by DTOBS(m): 3:28am On Jun 03, 2017
smartty68:
Well, is quite unfortunate. But left for me alone NYSC should have been scrapped a long time ago.

Just a national waste.

Stop saying NYSC is a national waste.

It depends on how you view it and how it has build, shape and profit you.
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by smartty68(m): 3:30am On Jun 03, 2017
DTOBS:

Stop saying NYSC is a national waste.

It depends on how you view it and how it has build, shape and profit you.
Why are you following me upandan

Go and sleep biko
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by DTOBS(m): 3:33am On Jun 03, 2017
smartty68:

Why are you following me upandan

Go and sleep biko
Lol.. .
What's to be followed about you?

Just Negodu
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by marshalcarter: 3:35am On Jun 03, 2017
who NYSC epp
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Mustack: 4:24am On Jun 03, 2017
I can also where my view here in orientation camp paiko minna. food serve in the camp is kind of low standard especially the tuwo and the soup that doesn't have maggi nor salt..
ever since we're in camp only the following food is been serve
1 rice and stew/ jollof rice
2 yam and stew / porrage
3 EBA and egusi
4 tuwo with dried okro ( worst food in camp)
5 bread and cooked egg and tea ( d tea na river)
6 pap sugar and bean cake.
all the listed food are all bellow average.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Taeewo(m): 4:40am On Jun 03, 2017
smartty68:

Just a national waste.

After most of u av passed tru the scheme, dat wen u will be calling for scrap but u were all eager to go for service wen u still in skul.. .....SMH.. .
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Bibi294(f): 4:51am On Jun 03, 2017
smartty68:

Just a national waste.

Nysc is never a waste... I thought as much while I was serving... Buh now, I know more of its importance.

Dear OP, it's quite advisable you go to camp with your set of provisions or better still, maami is there... There are over 1-2k ppl in camp... How do you want them to cater for that sum during this hardship period... I orsy God sees you through in Jesus name
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Kenzico(m): 4:59am On Jun 03, 2017
grin
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by cathodekazim: 5:24am On Jun 03, 2017
naso he dey be

nysc camps are semi penitentiary
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by smartty68(m): 6:40am On Jun 03, 2017
Taeewo:
After most of u av passed tru the scheme, dat wen u will be calling for scrap but u were all eager to go for service wen u still in skul.. .....SMH.. .
Because your minds have been program to think that NYSC is all that there is after school.

Its high time we start thinking outside the box mister.

If the government should invest this allowees in building industries, promoting quality education, revamp broken down infrastructures, and creates jobs etc, would people die

And do you know how many students graduate and go for NYSC every year

After you've gone to NYSC and finished, still no job to do, won't you still blame the government for not creating jobs

Its high time the governments teach its people how to fish and feed them for life.

Who NYSC epp
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 03, 2017
It's not by force to consume nysc food Na
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by shollay09(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2017
Mustack:
I can also where my view here in orientation camp paiko minna. food serve in the camp is kind of low standard especially the tuwo and the soup that doesn't have maggi nor salt..
2 yam and stew / porrage
3 EBA and egusi
Maami is ur friend....
little advice, go to madam liberty side or amazing shop... you will eat good food

how is madam favour albert
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by gtin(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2017
Jst visit the maami and u will be ok, them no force u to eat NYSC food
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Mustack: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2017
shollay09:

Maami is ur friend....
little advice, go to madam liberty side or amazing shop... you will eat good food

your picket talk when you talk of mami
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Yarnvibes(f): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
Lalasticlala Ishilove Seun Dominique
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by echobazz: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mustack:
2 yam and stew / porrage
3 EBA and egusi
I concur with you bro, especially that number 4.
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Mustack: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
shollay09:

Maami is ur friend....

what about those who can't afford mami?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Mustack: 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
gtin:
Jst visit the maami and u will be ok, them no force u to eat NYSC food

1 Like

Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by shollay09(m): 11:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mustack:

then u eat whatever they provide with free mind
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by kuchikau1: 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
smartty68:

Because your minds have been program to think that NYSC is all that there is after school.

Its high time we start thinking outside the box mister.

If the government should invest this allowees in building industries, promoting quality education, revamp broken down infrastructures, and creates jobs etc, would people die

And do you know how many students graduate and go for NYSC every year

After you've gone to NYSC and finished, still no job to do, won't you still blame the government for not creating jobs

Its high time the governments teach its people how to fish and feed them for life.

Who NYSC epp
correct guy.
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Some people will complain about camp food and even conclude not to eat it, but they'll still be the ones you'll see in queues trying to collect the condemned foods.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by gtin(m): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mustack:
Oyo is ur case
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by corpersforum(f): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
God Bless Nigeria
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Mustack:
wait 4 me to come pay 4 u
Re: NYSC Member Complains About Food Being Served In Camp (photos) by yemiprogress(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
You are stupid for this senseless post.Are you the only one in camp?You need to learn how to adapt to all situation especially when you cant change it.
M also a corper in Nasarawa camp,stop making feckless cry like a barren frog .

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Orientation Camp: Must Haves / Imo State Batch A '16 Stream 2. Let's Meet Here! / Checkout When NYSC Corps Members Will Start Receiving N33,000 As New Alawee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.