Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s (15766 Views)

ThisDay Fashionista Page Spotlights Olakunle Churchill In Traditional Attires / Do You Know 2019 Trendy Fashion In All From The ‘90s / 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by BaesDiary: 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Once upon a time in the 90s, when there were no slay Queens, or Instagram boys, there were only Fashionistas - people who just wanted to look real cool and good. I remember how the fashionista rocked their worlds. If you didn't have / do the following fashion items / styles, you were definitely not a 90s fashionista....

1. Flared Jeans

Flared jeans has been in existence in the fashion world from way back. However, people rocked this piece of clothing a lot in the 90s. How can you be a Fashionista without owning pairs of flared jeans. Flared jeans were the go-to jeans for that beautiful look. Both genders rocked this piece.

2. Mono-strap bags
If you didn't rock this bag in school, then you were not "big". My friends and I all bought this bag to show off. And trust me, this bag had a way of making people 'respect' your fashion sense.

3. Skin hair cut
Before then, the art of chopping all of a man's hair was something that looked so aweful. All of a sudden, the style became something unique. Ladies wanted men who had this 'gorimapa' hair cut, and the men in turn followed the trend.

4. Cat Walking
If you didn't know how to do the cat-walk in the 90s, you were not definitely not yet a lady. If you wanted to belong to the class of the fashionista, the way you carry yourself goes a long way.

source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/05/here-are-8-things-that-defined-you-as.html#more

cc: lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by BaesDiary: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
5. Bandana
This head piece was something we all fell in love with. EVERY Fashionista in the 90s had this. Its a rectangular or squared shape piece that came in a variety of colors. It is also worn on the neck or wrist. A Fashionista's wardrobe wasn't complete without a Bandana.

6. Kito Trekkers / Slippers

Let me say it this way - A Fashionista that doesn't own a pair of Kito, is that one a Fashionista? If you didn't own either a pair of Kito trekkers or slippers, you were not ready to join the fashion gang.

7. Number tops

Both male and female Fashionista rocked number tops in the 90s. Number tops looked real nice on flared jeans.

8. Dungarees
This apparel made a lot of sense in the 90s. Dungaree wasn't gender-specific, and usually worn over a top. Although it is not limited to a particular material, most fashionista rocked the jean dungaree the most.

Dear BAE'S DIARY Readers, did we miss out anything? Tell us in the comment box.

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/05/here-are-8-things-that-defined-you-as.html#more

cc: lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by mytime24(f): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ok, next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by lonelydora: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Omo, that bandana made one looked like a 'bad boy' back in the days. That was how one Anulika on our street follows any guy that ties bandana

Mods, don't you guys watch football?

I'm watching Juventus beat the crap out of Real Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Fashion as a way of 'coming back'. Skinny jeans was the in thing in in times of yore. Now it is in the in thing now.

Assuredly all that the op has listed will be in the in thing in a few years.
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by temitemi1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin grin
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by NLTroubleChild: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hhd
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by pythonkid(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
isok
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Obiomon: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
mytime24:
Ok, next
...and this is the dumbest first comment have ever read on nairaland undecided

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by dammyluv911(f): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
true talk
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by DollarAngel(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
MOD ARE YOU NOT WATCHING THE FINAL?
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by SHAKABOOM: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
You no mention dat boy alinco type of two in one glasses,Baggy jeanz,monkey jacket. cheesy Dose days wey boyz dey bab punk..Wey niggaz dey listen to junior ad pretty,Blackky,Daniel wilson,oritz williki,ras kimono,Mandators dem..
The days of ulimate warrior,Donkia dog,Yokozuna,hit man,Jake the snake ad hulk hogan dem

6 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by SuperS1Panther: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
Kitooooooooooooo. Damn!!!!!
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by kajsa08: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
lonelydora:
Mods, don't you guys watch football?
I'm watching Juventus best the chap out of Real Madrid.
in ur dreams.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by crazyABO(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Boot cut n somo dobo grin those are d ones I knw wella winkbandana na wrist we dey tie am dah time grin
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by wagazala: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
You left out Basketball Jerseys...I remember rocking them Chicago Bulls Jersey....that was long before them football jersey's became fashionable.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by oyifeoda(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Noted.the cooperate guys all be like …...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by blingxx(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
back in the age of 2pac, ja rule, dmx ....even 50 cent created few swags grin

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by NLTroubleChild: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mehn I remember those boot cut Jean back then, Mehn person don wear nonsense for life o, Don Jazzy head go even size the kinda boot cut Jean I wore those days grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by kayjee101: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
I did notice people rocking them those years. Really, I was still very young so I rocked ma bootcut shorts, wore those soft kito, wore some numberless shirts, had a double strap bag with feeding bottle and food flask attached to it, and cut a hair style that looked like...thinking, i will tell you when i remember. As young as I was then, I had sample three girls before 8. Thank God i changed as I grew older if not...

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by crazyABO(m): 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
oyifeoda:
Noted.the cooperate guys all be like …...
dem dey carry book for head like wetin u no knw angry
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Obiomon: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by crazyABO(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Obiomon:
lol una get beef grin
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by lonelydora: 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
kajsa08:

in ur dreams.

You go see nah. It will end 3-2 in favour of Real Madrid
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
what about Walkman and discman

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Tezboi(m): 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
Kito grin, Bandana..... D minors here no go understand
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by kayjee101: 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Obiomon:
SLAY MAMA;EMPTY^
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by calberian: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
A pair of Timberland boots were an absolute must.

4 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by deepwater(f): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Cool, I remember designers clothing as well

Sean John
School of hard knocks
Snoop doggy baggy Jean
Seven days Jean
Armani DADA
walkman / discMan
Palito radio
Computer socks for kids
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by stubbornman(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
Even the tie those days sef nah REPtie........too large cheesy

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Politicalidiot: 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
Okk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Jailed For Tattooing 3-year-old Nephew / Will You Let Your Husband Wear This? / Get Your UK Grade*AA Used Clothes (Bales)@ Our Lagos Office!+ 10% Discount!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.