Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me (1036 Views)

UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 / Men Collect Money To Carry People Across Flood In Badagry / ₦23million Per year, Tiny Beautiful Island Seeks Immigration Officer In Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by starpon1: 7:52am On Jun 04, 2017
please I need advice on this. 2 weeks ago I went to the immigration office at Asaba to do my international passport. on getting there the immigration security asked me what am here for I told them I came for passport they asked if I know anyone I said no. they now say I should follow them to the office. as we were going I meet a woman who just collected her own I try asking her how they run things there. she try briefing me the officer there started shouting at me that why should I ask anyone that is not an officer question. to cut the whole story short. I meet the office whom they said is in charge of the passport, I asked him the requirement he told me bring 2 passport , voters card, local government identification and court affidavits for birth certificate then sum 28 k. I told I heard is 27k he said no that that is the new fix price by government. well I paid everything then went for capturing he didn't tel me I will pay any extra money until yesterday when I call him to know if the passport is out. the officer asked me who I was I told him, he now asked if I have paid for collection fee, I told him I have never heard about that he hang up the call I called back to ask him the amount for the collection fee he said is 10k and hang up the call again. so I want to ask now if is really true they pay collection fee before you can get your passport if no then what should I do? am sorry for the long epistle I did so,so that people going to request for passport will know what to do. thanks
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2017
Be careful, there is nothing like collection fee. I did mine below 30K last year, I heard some people that did it more than that tho, I don't know how it works outside Lagos.
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by starpon1: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2017
modelmike7:
Be careful
how?
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by ipobarecriminals: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2017
it is a normal routine thing there.Nothing like collection fee but tips.If u have 2/5k,just dash him for his little assistance
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by LionDeLeo: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2017
@ starpon1, what should be your concern first is "is your ppt ready"? Besides, you need not even call that criminal again for anything.

Walk into the immigration office, head straight to the office where the data capturing was done and if you recognise the officer that captured your data, make enquiries from him.

The 28k is fair enough, although I processed mine at far less than that years back at the headquarters in Abuja.

If you suspect the officer of complicity, you can go further to their supervisor (don't know the designation of his job). He/she is always around overseeing how it is conducted and sometimes, his signature is required.

If you still suspect this "supervisor", you can demand to see the state controller. They may tell you he is difficult to see bla bla bla, it is a lie, by the time they notice how serious you are, they will give you your ppt.

But first thing first, find out if your ppt is READY FOR COLLECTION, otherwise, it will be too bad for you. They can delay its production or distort the information on the stripe chip in the ppt and I assure you, it will too bad for you. They may even give it to you without getting it duly registered in their data base and you know the implication of that. So, be sure it is ready for collection, not just "leaving production room".

Note, all ppt processing fees are paid into the bank. Although sometimes you can pay to the offiers while they make the bank payment on your behalf, however, demand for evidence of such payment.

My 2cent.
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Rayd502(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2017
Where you given a collection slip?If yes,then walk up to the passport office,ask for issuance unit.Using details on your slip,it will be checked if your passport is ready for collection or not.

If it is not ready,then request to see the PCO of the command.Be sure to know the name of the dubious officer processing the passport for you,then make a case.Do not pay any collection fee coz he wants to further extort money from you . it's illegal...

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Elfree: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2017
Lolzz.."10k for collection fee " pls don't pay a dime cos if you willingly pay that, they will find another way to charge you more . my friends did theirs for the first time this year @ the rate of 25k each that covered everything.

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2017
There is nothing like collection fee

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by starpon1: 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
@ starpon1, what should be your concern first is "is your ppt ready"? Besides, you need not even call that criminal again for anything.

Walk into the immigration office, head straight to the office where the data capturing was done and if you recognise the officer that captured your data, make enquiries from him.

The 28k is fair enough, although I processed mine at far less than that years back at the headquarters in Abuja.

If you suspect the officer of complicity, you can go further to their supervisor (don't know the designation of his job). He/she is always around overseeing how it is conducted and sometimes, his signature is required.

If you still suspect this "supervisor", you can demand to see the state controller. They may tell you he is difficult to see bla bla bla, it is a lie, by the time they notice how serious you are, they will give you your ppt.

But first thing first, find out if your ppt is READY FOR COLLECTION, otherwise, it will be too bad for you. They can delay its production or distort the information on the stripe chip in the ppt and I assure you, it will too bad for you. They may even give it to you without getting it duly registered in their data base and you know the implication of that. So, be sure it is ready for collection, not just "leaving production room".

Note, all ppt processing fees are paid into the bank. Although sometimes you can pay to the offiers while they make the bank payment on your behalf, however, demand for evidence of such payment.

My 2cent.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by austino677(m): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
Bro, if ure ready to take your passport.. u pay collection fee... It happened to my brother at festac took 3 weeks.. He spent total of 43k....Goodluck
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by LionDeLeo: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
austino677:
Bro, if ure ready to take your passport.. u pay collection fee... It happened to my brother at festac took 3 weeks.. He spent total of 43k....Goodluck

That your brother paid for something that is officially less than 20k doesn't mean every other person must give in to that extortion.

Believe it or not, some Nigerians still get it from that office at the official rate.

Annoyingly, the criminal calling himself an immigration officer is not even diplomatic about it.

He had already paid 28k (higher than the official price), isn't that enough? Which one is collection fee again? I swear, if I'm close to where the op is, I will get some people into problem and my ppt will be issued to me perfectly. The criminal is not even talking about 2 or 3k but 10k, wtf. Is he not being paid?

How will I go to a government agency for something the agency is charged with and one idiot feels I must "settle" him and he can't even be diplomatic about it? Na him papa get immigration service?

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by koropotopoto: 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

That your brother paid for something that is officially less than 20k doesn't mean every other person must give in to that extortion.

Believe it or not, some Nigerians still get it from that office at the official rate.

Annoyingly, the criminal calling himself an immigration officer is not even diplomatic about it.

He had already paid 28k (higher than the official price), isn't that enough? Which one is collection fee again? I swear, if I'm close to where the op is, I will get some people into problem and my ppt will be issued to me perfectly. The criminal is not even talking about 2 or 3k but 10k, wtf. Is he not being paid?

How will go to a government agency for something the agency is charged with and one idiot feels I must "settle" him and he can't even be diplomatic about it? Na him papa get immigration service?
[/s]
shut up

1 Like

Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2017
austino677:

Your brother is not serious. The same Festac my entire family get their passport from? 25K each is what we pay. This is why they will continue to extort yous. 43k for passport, say wetin happen? undecided
Re: Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 05, 2017
LionDeLeo:

How will I go to a government agency for something the agency is charged with and one idiot feels I must "settle" him and he can't even be diplomatic about it? Na him papa get immigration service?

28k sef is too much. I am happy to pay if it ends there....but to ask for another 10k? that man must be MAD

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can I Drive In USA With Only An International Driver's License As A Visitor? / . / Visa Free Countries For Nigerians (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.