Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,860 members, 7,956,240 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse (468 Views)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Akan Weeks' Banner Spotted In Ghana 3 Months After Uyo Church Building Collapse / Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse by castrokins(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2017
Lest We Forget, Akan Weeks Is Walking Free After The Mass Murder Of Akwa Ibom People In His Church, Almost At His Behest.

I Am Told That Udom Emmanuel Has Even Gone Ahead To Provide A New Accommodation For Reigners Bible Church.

Akan Weeks Is Head Of Reigners Bible Church, And Supposedly Commissioned To Tender To Believers Who Were Gruesomely Murdered When The Church Building Collapsed On A Day Mr. Weeks Was To Be Venerated A Bishop.

Udom Emmanuel On The Other Hand Leads A Government Constitutionally Mandated To Protect Life And Properties Of All Akwa Ibom People.

In The Heat Of The Collapsed Church Building, A Committee Was Hurriedly Put In Place By The State, Not To Exactly Address The Remote And Immediate Cause Of The Sad Event, But To Placate And Fend Off Public Outcry For Justice.

Report(s) Of That Committee Is Still To Be Made Public, But The State Government, Led By Mr. Udom Emmanuel, Has Given Weeks A Pat On The Back (as if to thank him for job well done), Provided A New Accommodation For His Church - A Show Of Irresponsibility To The Very People Government Swore To Protect.

It Is In The Habit Of Government To Sweep Inquests Under The Carpet Especially When The Actors Represent The Interest Of People In Power, But One That Took As Many Lives Of Innocent Akwa Ibom People Should Be Least Of Such Cases, Irrespective Of Who's Involved.

That Government Pretends Everything Is Fine And Good Is Not Only Callous, But Very Dangerous.

By Abetting Such Tragic And Criminal Incident, Government Has Succeeded In Telling The Rest Of Us That We Matter-less, That The High And Mighty Can Get Away With Anything, Perhaps Everything.

It Is My Hope, That While I Continue To Pray For The Repose Of Everyone Who Paid The Ultimate Price For Man's Lust For Fame And Power, We'd Have A Leader Who'd Respect And Uphold The Sanctity Of Human Lives.
Re: Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse by Cameleon72(f): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse by menxer: 8:28am On Jun 04, 2017
That is because Governor Udom, like every other politician, knows we are a people suffering from collective amnesia, that after the initial uproar everyone would mind their "busyness" and things would return to normal.

1 Like

Re: Akan Weeks Must Be Punished For Church Building Collapse by Origin(f): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2017
What happened to the dead and injured. Did they get compensation?

My fear is most of the injured will still come back to church to pay for healing.

If they don't what to prosecute.........

Well what's my consignment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did A Voice Really Came Down From Heavean? / New Book / Popular Pastor/prophet Bushiri Spends Over N4.3 Billion On New Mansions, Shows O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.