Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

My Experience With Someone I Know Being A Masquerade - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Experience With Someone I Know Being A Masquerade (615 Views)

Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / 'Police' Masquerade Controlling Traffic In Anambra / Picture Of A Masquerade Pushing A Biker During Calabar Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Someone I Know Being A Masquerade by nattyjay(m): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2017
About few weeks ago, I was coming from my friends place in mushin. I was going towards iyana isolo to take a bus then a masquerade approached me. I wasn't shocked because the experience wasn't new to me and I grew up in the area. Reaching my front he said in his masquerade cracked voice, "fun mi lowo". I was about to give him money but I noticed something familiar about his voice and I paused.. He then said again "fun mi lowo now fine boy" then I knew who it was. It was this guy from the street where I used to stay back then. So I told him I don't have money. Now he changed to his normal voice saying, guy na me orifere now, give me make I dey go people don dey pass. Then I said guy I know say na u but I no get change here and he said bring am make I give u change. When I looked around and I noticed we were already causing a scene, you know as Nigerians dey look people. I said guy I go give u later when u no be masquerade.
I left him and went to the bus stop to take a bus..

I have always doubted that the people behind those costumes are normal human beings but I guess this is a way of confirmation for me.

(1) (Reply)

Celebration In Ibadan / Slay Mamas!! Meet The ‘giraffe Like’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma / Paternity Squabble: Monarch Sues Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.