Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks (1084 Views)

Man Pictured Fleeing London Terror With Pint Still In Hand / BREAKING: London Terror Attacker Is Yoruba - New York Times / London Terror Attacker: Khalid Masood Was Born Adrian Russell Ajao-Nigerian Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by lagostokd: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
President Trump has launched a scathing attack on Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, over his reaction to the attacks in Borough Market and on London Bridge.

"At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!" Mr Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday afternoon.

At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2017

Mr Trump then observed that the incident in London has not triggered a debate on gun control, and that this was because the attackers were carrying knives and not firearms.

Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2017

The president was referring to a statement by Mr Khan earlier this morning which said he was "grieving" for the victims and insisted that terrorists "would not win."
"Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There's no reason to be alarmed," Mr Khan said.

He went on to condemn the attack in the strongest possible terms and ask for people to remain vigilant.

Mr Trump's comments were instantly ridiculed on social media.

"Cheap, nasty and unbecoming of a national leader," said the Labour parliamentary candidate David Lammy.
Cheap nasty & unbecoming of a national leader. Sort of thing that makes me want to quit politics on a day like this. Evil everywhere we look https:///ubkQ3CMrJ4
— David Lammy (@DavidLammy) June 4, 2017

How dare you attack our Mayor. Britain is meant to be your closest ally, but instead you're taking swipes on social media. Ridiculous.
— Mike P Williams (@Mike_P_Williams) June 4, 2017

I'd urge all to see what
@MayorofLondon said in full. It was the essence of London pluckiness & will aid his great city. https:///SrOmF1B0YZ
— Scott Simon (@nprscottsimon)
June 4, 2017

Utterly horrid man. Wonder how he'd react if Theresa May put snarky tweets out during a mass shooting in the US? https:///WPjA2sN1RH
— Sam Baxter (@SamJB92) June 4, 2017

It is not the first time a member of the Trump family has criticised the Mayor of London for his stance on security and terrorism.

Mr Khan gave an interview in September 2016 in which he said terror attacks were "part and parcel" of living in a major city.

He was referring to a bombing in New York and stressed the importance of cities being well prepared for such attacks.

But shortly after the Westminster attack, Donald Trump Junior, the president's son, posted a link on Twitter to the September 2016 interview with the caption: “You have to be kidding me?!”.

You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan https:///uSm2pwRTjO
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) March 22, 2017

Source
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/04/donald-trump-lashes-sadiq-khan-london-terror-attacks/
Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by Jabioro: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
Is Mr Kahn mayor of London ?meanwhile I have been banned at Muslims section.. therefore I am 1/2ly alive on nairaland none should cry for my glorious banning.. please be joyful because I am coming back stronger

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by doctimonyeka(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Donald Lai Mohammed Trump matter don taya me......

I see him being impeached soon...

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by sweerychick(f): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
3 major attacks in uk, at a space of 3 months.. I strongly believe politics behind this. Why? Uk general elections plus the BREXIT, something just dont just seem right..

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by Jengem: 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Donald Lai Mohammed Trump matter don taya me......

I see him being impeached soon...

Wont happen. Americas silent majority support him. They dont want the terrorists in their country and trumo is helping keep them out whilst london and europe embraces them
Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by lagostokd: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jabioro:
Is Mr Kahn mayor of London ?meanwhile I have been banned at Muslims section.. therefore I am 1/2ly alive on nairaland none should cry for my glorious banning.. please be joyful because I am coming back stronger

Yes... he is the Mayor of London. The first Muslim to be elected as Mayor of London

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by Jabioro: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
lagostokd:

Yes... he is the Mayor of London. The first Muslim to be elected as Mayor of London
Lobatan !!! Christian are too liberal, we take things we levity sleeping on graces.. why?
Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by vedaxcool(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
Trump is a reflection of those who voted for him angry and nasty for no good reason.
Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by Rossikki: 4:23am On Jun 05, 2017
Trump is a nasty racist knucklehead who can't understand why an Asian muslim should be elected Mayor of London. That's the only reason he attacked Mr Khan. Vile, worthless, ignorant dunce who calls himself the US president.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by alezzy13: 6:31am On Jun 05, 2017
sick, twisted, nasty, totally inappropriate, dumb. . . and Donald Trump.

Yes, its what we've come to expect from him. sad
Re: Donald Trump Lashes Out At Sadiq Khan Over London Terror Attacks by lagostokd: 7:01am On Jun 05, 2017
Rossikki:
Trump is a nasty racist knucklehead who can't understand why an Asian muslim should be elected Mayor of London. That's the only reason he attacked Mr Khan. Vile, worthless, ignorant dunce who calls himself the US president.

Was it that you didn't understand the news or you just hate Trump?

Trump only condemned Khan's use of soft language after terror attacks

(1) (Reply)

Biafra:iraqi Kurdish Referendum A Lesson For The Yorubas In Nigeria / Australian Prime Minister Breastfeeding On Duty / Omar El Bashir Banned Alcohol In Sudan Then Stocked Up His Palace With Alcohol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.