Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased (1309 Views)

Tech Gurus Help Me. / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed / New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Brasstop: 1:12am On Jun 05, 2017
Good evening,
Please I need your candid advice. My apologies if post is not properly arranged. I want advice on I.T training to undertake. I am presently working but I need to acquire a skill or business as another stream of income. The state of the country has made it imperative for one to seek alternate skills or venture. I'm not a tech geek but I'm willing to learn. I'm currently looking at web designing/web development/programming/software development./graphic design(I hope I got all these big names right).
Please kindly advise which to enter and what language to learn. I intend working for myself. I'm presently based in warri.
Thanks
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 05, 2017
Nigeria goes for Web application development more. Desktop application this way is shit and doesn't go well.
Secondly the market isn't 100% here. You have to send several proposals and have someone "insider" before it can really go well.

Learn Web development using asp.net, PHP is good, but you need to understand most companies would like their application developed using c# or vb.net on the Web (asp.net)
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Brasstop: 7:19am On Jun 05, 2017
gimakon:
Nigeria goes for Web application development more. Desktop application this way is shit and doesn't go well.
Secondly the market isn't 100% here. You have to send several proposals and have someone "insider" before it can really go well.

Learn Web development using asp.net, PHP is good, but you need to understand most companies would like their application developed using c# or vb.net on the Web (asp.net)
Tnx Bro. Good morning
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by cbrass(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
Brasstop:

Tnx Bro. Good morning

Are u good with colors?
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Brasstop: 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
cbrass:

Are u good with colors?
I know good designs when I see one. And I know the best are always simple, no too many colors, no complex structures
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by cbrass(m): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
Brasstop:

I know good designs when I see one. And I know the best are always simple, no too many colors, no complex structures

Hmm have you ever at anytime in life done graphics
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Brasstop: 10:23am On Jun 06, 2017
cbrass:

Hmm have you ever at anytime in life done graphics
No sir. Why the question
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by cbrass(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2017
Brasstop:

No sir. Why the question

Am trying to help you identify your area of strength ni
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by olyjosh(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2017
Brasstop:

You are right. you may do good in UI and graphics. Can't say much on UX.
Incase you plan to be a developer, I won't advice you to just pick any stack base on what you hear people saying but consider some factors like purpose of doing this. A very good web app here http://www.bestprogramminglanguagefor.me/ will help in picking good stack

1 Like

Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by cbrass(m): 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
olyjosh:

You are right. you may do good in UI and graphics. Can't say much on UX.
Incase you plan to be a developer, I won't advice you to just pick any stack base on what you hear people saying but consider some factors like purpose of doing this. A very good web app here http://www.bestprogramminglanguagefor.me/ will help in picking good stack

I also think so too, it seems he will do well as a UI person
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by bankrich4real: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
My post is coming a little late but I hope it will help.
I will personally advise u to identify your area of interest and strength and develop on it. It's a gud stead that u r willing to empower urself and b on ur own & that's a gud starting point. Note that it won't b easy starting out but then it will surely end well wit God on your side.
As regards the tech, I'm a php freak and I'd preach it to u.I feel it's easier than most of the other programming languages especially for someone without a prior programming background.Together with Javascript, html5 & css of course. Other options could b C#, asp.net or python. All r cool. More importantly, get a gud center to learn and believe me, getting a mentor will speed up your development. B ready to do free/almost free jobs like for NGO's or ur church or community along d way.
Lastly...commit ur steps to God and b bold in taking them
Wishing u the best...Banky
Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by taiwo4love(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Go from Newbie To Pro in one Week

Have you ever wanted to build a professional looking website, but didn't know where to start? Now you can. This is a complete course for anyone, no matter what your technical ability. This course assumes no prior knowledge!

At the start of the course, I'll walk you through setting up Wordpress on your own computer so that you don't need to pay for a web host (or a domain name) while you master wordpress. When you decide you want to put a website online, you can then watch over-my-shoulder as I buy a domain name and hosting, and install Wordpress online.

Register @@ http://gidiinfo.com/wordpress/

Re: Tech Gurus, Advice Needed Pleased by Brasstop: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
bankrich4real:
My post is coming a little late but I hope it will help.
I will personally advise u to identify your area of interest and strength and develop on it. It's a gud stead that u r willing to empower urself and b on ur own & that's a gud starting point. Note that it won't b easy starting out but then it will surely end well wit God on your side.
As regards the tech, I'm a php freak and I'd preach it to u.I feel it's easier than most of the other programming languages especially for someone without a prior programming background.Together with Javascript, html5 & css of course. Other options could b C#, asp.net or python. All r cool. More importantly, get a gud center to learn and believe me, getting a mentor will speed up your development. B ready to do free/almost free jobs like for NGO's or ur church or community along d way.
Lastly...commit ur steps to God and b bold in taking them
Wishing u the best...Banky
Thanks for the advice. Sorry I have bn aware from NL for some time. I will heed to your suggestion

(1) (Reply)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Video Game Developers / Embedded Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.