Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,200 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser (1366 Views)

Women And Depression (for Muslim Women) / Nigerian-Canadian Ex Muslim Girl Provides Evidence To Silence Doubters / Advise For Muslim Youths Going To NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by jakandeola(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2017
I hate wen I see girls dress anyhow where their body is expose. Is it bad for Muslim girl to wear troser?
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Freewoman(f): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2017
jakandeola:
I hate wen I see girls dress anypw were thier body is expose. Is it bad for Muslim girl to wear troser?

Muslim girls do wears trousers already, are you a leaner?
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Ngasky(m): 8:52am On Jun 05, 2017
Yes, she can wear trousers as far as it will not expose her body or shows her shape to those who are not allowed to see in Islamic jurisdiction.
I think prohibition of trousers is only in some denominations of Christianity
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Aminu212: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2017
jakandeola:
I hate wen I see girls dress anypw were thier body is expose. Is it bad for Muslim girl to wear troser?
In Islam, it is wrong for a boy to put on a girl's dress and also wrong for a girl to put on a boy's dress.

The prophet s.a.w said: " The curse of Allah is upon a man who put's on woman's dress and also on a woman who put on a man's dress."

May Allah guide us to the straight path.
Ameen.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Mofpearl: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2017
She can wear trousers at home and wear something more covering outside.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Alennsar(f): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2017
Mofpearl:

when she's alone with her husband but if the children are there then No because they might not understand it the way you do.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by jakandeola(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
Freewoman:

dont let me get mad at u
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by dejt4u(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Aminu212:
In Islam, it is wrong for a boy to put on a girl's dress and also wrong for a girl to put on a boy's dress.

The prophet s.a.w said: " The curse of Allah is upon a man who put's on woman's dress and also on a woman who put on a man's dress."

Ameen.
and where is it stated that trousers is only boys dress?? any hadith to that effect?

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Alennsar(f): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
dejt4u:
and where is it stated that trousers is only boys dress?? any hadith to that effect?

hian you should know beta than this naw . women started wearing trousers in dis days of immorality cos it is not lyk dat in d olden days and for d fact dat women wear does not legalize it for women.

#trouserisnotforwomen#.........
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Freewoman(f): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
jakandeola:
dont let me get mad at u

Please, Please dont oooooooh, or are you MAD already
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by jakandeola(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Freewoman:

Please, Please dont oooooooh, or are you MAD already
hmm
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by OLAJADON: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Freewoman:

this doesn't answer his question, he said is it bad for Muslim girls to wear trouser, you answer should be on what the Quran and sunnah says not giving answer based on self interest.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by OLAJADON: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mofpearl:
thumbs up
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Newnas(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2017
dejt4u:

Actually, in Islam, there aren't any specific specifications for dressing except limits and guidelines.

Just like there is no evidence that encourages jalabia. But there is evidence that a man must wear a garment that covers the shape, size and colour of his navels to his knees. So also he must cover his shoulders in Solah.

Trousers reveal the shape of buttocks during rukoo and sujood. Shirts (except very long ones) may also be dragged up during rukoo and sujood thus revealing the waistline and/or the upper buttocks. This is nudity and nullifies Solah.

Now to your question.

According to an article on Wikipedia, women didn't wear trousers until the world wars when the women started taking jobs and working because the men were in the war fronts.

they had to wear their husbands' trousers to work so as to be more comfortable.

The war ended and the women did not submit the trousers to their owners. lol. Then a fashion company (I can't remember it's name) designed a trouser for women specifically after seeing their love for trousers.

It was a great success. The company released several new designs and many other fashion companies followed and that's how women now wear trousers.

Now, this is one way scholars differ on issues.

The hadiths curse females dressing like males and vice versa.

The one who says its impermissible for women will say it was basically not for them.

The one who says its permissible will say female trousers are now different from male trousers.

The second opinion is my choice... why. to be continued
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by dejt4u(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Newnas:

Actually, in Islam, there aren't any specific specifications for dressing except limits and guidelines.

Just like there is no evidence that encourages jalabia. But there is evidence that a man must wear a garment that covers the shape, size and colour of his navels to his knees. So also he must cover his shoulders in Solah.

Trousers reveal the shape of buttocks during rukoo and sujood. Shirts (except very long ones) may also be dragged up during rukoo and sujood thus revealing the waistline and/or the upper buttocks. This is nudity and nullifies Solah.

Now to your question.

According to an article on Wikipedia, women didn't wear trousers until the world wars when the women started taking jobs and working because the men were in the war fronts.

they had to wear their husbands' trousers to work so as to be more comfortable.

The war ended and the women did not submit the trousers to their owners. lol. Then a fashion company (I can't remember it's name) designed a trouser for women specifically after seeing their love for trousers.

It was a great success. The company released several new designs and many other fashion companies followed and that's how women now wear trousers.

Now, this is one way scholars differ on issues.

The hadiths curse females dressing like males and vice versa.

The one who says its impermissible for women will say it was basically not for them.

The one who says its permissible will say female trousers are now different from male trousers.

The second opinion is my choice... why. to be continued
thank you for this. I've learnt alot

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Newnas(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 36:

Then when she delivered her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: "O my Lord! I have delivered a female child," - and Allah knew better what she delivered, - "And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and for her offspring from Shaitan (Satan), the outcast."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So once a dress clearly distinguishes between male and female without ambiguities then it's permissible
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by tintingz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
Aminu212:

Ameen.
There are trousers for men and trousers for women, the way they are cut, shape are different. Except you want to tell me men wear ladies trousers.

There nothing wrong for ladies to wear trousers.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
well I see nothing wrong in female wearing trousers,as long as it is not too tight,and d blouse covers well
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Newnas(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
However, trousers don't satisfy the conditions of a proper dressing in Islam. A Muslim woman that believes in Allah and the last day should not leave her place of dwelling except with the proper hijab a commanded by Allah.

please click below for details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3015620/proper-way-wearing-hijab

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Mofpearl: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
^^

True.
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
Newnas:
However, trousers don't satisfy the conditions of a proper dressing in Islam. A Muslim woman that believes in Allah and the last day should not leave her place of dwelling except with the proper hijab a commanded by Allah.

please click below for details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3015620/proper-way-wearing-hijab

Subhanallaah! I feel ashamed looking at the picture I posted on that thread, wish I could edit that post and remove that picture, had a change of opinion regarding pictures.......Astagfirullaah wa atoobu ilayhi.....

BTW

Jazakallaah khayran for the correction that day.....
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
@newnas with regards to your profile picture, are there audio lectures for them and is the class still on?

Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Newnas(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
AbdelKabir:
@newnas with regards to your profile picture, are there audio lectures for them and is the class still on?

Check his website alhalaby.com
Re: Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser by Newnas(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Subhanallaah! I feel ashamed looking at the picture I posted on that thread, wish I could edit that post and remove that picture, had a change of opinion regarding pictures.......Astagfirullaah wa atoobu ilayhi.....

BTW

Jazakallaah khayran for the correction that day.....

Aameen wa iyyaak

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed(s.a.w.), What A Man! / Muslims: You Cannot Believe In Muhammad And Jesus / Queens Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.