Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today (1998 Views)

Nigeria’s CSTP Completes Three Successful Experimental Rocket Launches / Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) / Flat Earth Theorist To Launch Home-made Rocket Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2017
GSLV Mk III is a three-stage heavy lift launch vehicle developed by ISRO. The vehicle has two solid strap-ons, a core liquid booster and a cryogenic upper stage.

GSLV Mk III is designed to carry 4 ton class of satellites into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) or about 10 tons to Low Earth Orbit (LEO), which is about twice the capability of GSLV Mk II.

The two strap-on motors of GSLV Mk III are located on either side of its core liquid booster. Designated as ‘S200’, each carries 205 tons of composite solid propellant and their ignition results in vehicle lift -off . S200s function for 140 seconds. During strap-ons functioning phase, the two clustered Vikas liquid Engines of L110 liquid core booster will ignite 114 sec after lift -off to further augment the thrust of the vehicle. These two engines continue to function after the separation of the strap-ons at about 140 seconds after lift -off.

GSLV-Mk III-D1 is the first developmental flight, carrying 3136 kg GSAT-19 satellite to a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).

Vehicle Specifications

Height : 43.43 m
Vehicle Diameter : 4.0 m
Heat Shield (Payload Fairing) Diameter : 5.0 m
Number of Stages : 3
Lift Off Mass : 640 tonnes

Payload to GTO: 4,000 kg
GSLV Mk III will be capable of placing the 4 tonne class satellites of the GSAT series into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbits.

Payload to LEO: 8,000 kg
The powerful cryogenic stage of GSLV Mk III enables it to place heavy payloads into Low Earth Orbits of 600 km altitude.

Cryogenic Upper Stage : C25
The C25 is powered by CE-20, India's largest cryogenic engine, designed and developed by the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre.

Cryo Stage Height : 13.5 m
Cryo Stage Diameter : 4.0 m
Engine : CE-20
Fuel : 28 tonnes of LOX + LH2

Solid Rocket Boosters : S200
GSLV Mk III uses two S200 solid rocket boosters to provide the huge amount of thrust required for lift off. The S200 was developed at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.

Booster Height : 25 m
Booster Diameter : 3.2 m
Fuel : 205 tonnes of HTPB (nominal)

Core Stage : L110 Liquid Stage
The L110 liquid stage is powered by two Vikas engines designed and developed at the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre.

Stage Height : 21 m
Stage Diameter : 4 m
Engine : 2 x Vikas
Fuel : 110 tonnes of UDMH + N2O4

India's largest rocket, which may carry humans to space some day, is expected to be launched today. The 640-ton GSLV Mk III rocket - as much as 200 full-grown Asian elephants or five Jumbo jets - will be on its maiden flight from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh at 5.28 pm. The 24-hour countdown has already started. For now, the rocket will carry a satellite. It is expected that one day -- in over 7 years -- it will carry astronauts to space.

Here are the some facts:

1.The rocket was developed over 15 years at a cost of Rs 300 crore. The "Monster Rocket", as it has been dubbed by scientists, is as high as a 13-storey building and can launch satellites as heavy as 4 tonnes (4,000 kg).

2."The success of GSLV Mk III will usher a new era of our self- reliance in the context of launching our own four ton class of satellites for geosynchronous missions," said former ISRO Chairman Dr K Kasturirangan.

3.The ISRO has asked the Centre for Rs 12,500 crore for its mission to put humans in space. If approved, the work is expected to take roughly seven years.

4.The Indian space agency has already developed critical technologies for a human space mission. The space suit is ready and a crew module was tested in 2014.

5.The space agency has suggested that the first person to fly into space from India could be a woman.

6.So far, only Russia, USA and China have sent astronauts into space. The first man in space was Yuri Gagarin, who travelled in Russia's Vostok 1 spacecraft on April 12, 1961.

7.The US sent a man in space the next month. On May 5, 1961, Alan B Shepard took off in the Freedom 7 spacecraft from Florida.

8.The first Indian to fly into space was Squadron leader Rakesh Sharma. He went into space in 1984 as part of a joint programme by ISRO and the Soviet Intercosmos space programme.

NOTE: Indian Cryogenic engine CE-20 development is a slap on the face of uncle Sam , who for years tried to prevent India from developing it .
Even as the Indian space agency struggled over the years to get a cryogenic engine for its heavy launch vehicles due to American interference, the delay also helped it in mastering the technology . A cryogenic engine involves a tricky job of using liquid hydrogen at -253oC and oxygen at -183oC as fuel and oxidiser. Only the US, Russia, China, Japan and the European Space Agency have achieved this feat and now India.

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by ikbnice(m): 9:38am On Jun 05, 2017
Na we go use our hand bring doom to these earth. The outbreak of the inevitable third world war will be the Armageddon
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2017
C25 cryogenic upper stage something which USA tried hard to stop India from developing

lol needless to say the Americans failed miserably grin

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by whitebeard(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2017
Nigeria where art thou..!!
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2017
L110 liquid propellant core stage during assembling

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2017
L110 liquid propellant core stage flanked by two solid S200 rocket motor booster each weighing 205 tonnes

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2017
GSLV-Mk III-D1 space launcher gross weight is 640 tonnes shocked

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Seeker17(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2017
OK.. Happy Launching

1 Like

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2017
Hehehehehehehhehehe

onyenze123 , Is India also part of the "cabal" who deny the "truth" Of a flat earth??

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
SirWere:
Hehehehehehehhehehe

onyenze123 , Is India also part of the "cabal" who deny the "truth" Of a flat earth??

gringrin

flat earth

do we have a time traveler in our midst's ? grin
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
SirWere:
Hehehehehehehhehehe

gringrin

grin grin Yes, India is
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
nemesis2u:

flat earth
do we have a time traveler in our midst's ? grin
Ahh you know nothing Jon Snow
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 06, 2017
.....and GSLV-Mk III-D1 space launcher successfully launched grin

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Blakjewelry(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
wow great news for India, back home I think two things are killing us is lack of Patriotism and lack of Scientific knowledge. I we the youth start our scientific movement or organization

1 Like

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Dawdy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
It won't go anywhere just like others. It can't pass through van Allen radiation belts, don't be deceived.
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Blakjewelry(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Dawdy:
It won't go anywhere just like others. It can't pass through van Allen radiation belts, don't be deceived.
LOL you still dey all these bs wey conspiracy theorists dey tell you? Let me give you an example, when India first sent their craft to Mars, many were hoping it fails but it was successful. Now if the whole mission was a failure, then why didn't they come out to debunk the claim

1 Like

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2017
Blakjewelry:

LOL you still dey all these bs wey conspiracy theorists dey tell you? Let me give you an example, when India first sent their craft to Mars, many were hoping it fails but it was successful. Now if the whole mission was a failure, then why didn't they come out to debunk the claim

The Van Allen belts are a collection of charged particles, gathered in place by Earth’s magnetic field.
the person does not know that synchronous orbits are located inside Van Allen belts, hundreds of GEO satellites r operating there from communication satellites to observation to navigation satellites.
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 09, 2017
next mission GSLV MK IV with the ability to launch heavier 6 tonnes payload to GEO orbit and 15 tonnes to LEO orbit

even after killing and implicating ISRO scientists in false cases CIA efforts have been wasted

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
onyenze123:

grin grin Yes, India is
grin
Who am I to ruin a man's fantasy.
Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
kikuyu1:

Westgate where 5-10 year olds had a cooking competition at the rooftop car park-I saw the unedited pics of what happened and really bro, there's You misund

bro u misunderstood me , i simply dont want u to waste ur time in cleaning somebody elses shiit.

u r way better than that .

the counter arguments and counter movement against a group must rise from within the group . that is the best solution.

eg. only a Kenyan will be able to understand and fight for change or betterment of Kenya , any external person will simply be guided by prejudice and importantly his solution will be the worst solution.

one must never wrestle with a pig u get dirty the pig gets dirty and the pig likes it. here the pig is religion,any religion.

i have seen many people go down the drain when it comes to religion ,and sadly they dont even realize it . it eats them up slowly.

i am not forcing u, it just a boy with good intentions advising a boy whom he holds in good faith , plz do as u see fit.

anyways plz delete the post where u quoted my reply to u ,i have deleted mine . plz do it as early as possible

1 Like

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by kikuyu1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
nemesis2u:

bro u misunderstood me , i simply dont want u to waste ur time in cleaning somebody elses shiit.

u r way better than that .

the counter arguments and counter movement against a group must rise from within the group . that is the best solution.

eg. only a Kenyan will be able to understand and fight for change or betterment of Kenya , any external person will simply be guided by prejudice and importantly his solution will be the worst solution.

one must never wrestle with a pig u get dirty the pig gets dirty and the pig likes it. here the pig is religion,any religion.

i have seen many people go down the drain when it comes to religion ,and sadly they dont even realize it . it eats them up slowly.

i am not forcing u, it just a boy with good intentions advising a boy whom he holds in good faith , plz do as u see fit.

anyways plz delete the post where u quoted my reply to u ,i have deleted mine . plz do it as early as possible

Done! I understand but let us just say we have differing ways on dealing with the matter and leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: India All Set To Launch Its Most Powerful Space Rocket today by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
kikuyu1:

Done! I understand but let us just say we have differing ways on dealing with the matter and leave it at that.

yes no problem
hope no misunderstanding between us

(1) (Reply)

Dear Science; Why Aren't Apes Evolving Into Humans Anymore? / The Evolution Of TECHNOLOGY / Anonymous Guid On Hacking And Tracking Isis Websites And Social Media Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.