Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

The World Has Become Crazy - Pastor Onyema Patrick Speaks At 70 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The World Has Become Crazy - Pastor Onyema Patrick Speaks At 70 (549 Views)

Twerking, Crazy Dance At A Jamaican Burial Got Nigerians Shocked (Photos) / Slay Queen Claims 70-year-old On Her Birthday. See Reaction (photos) / This Pregnant Lady's Halloween Costume Is Crazy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Has Become Crazy - Pastor Onyema Patrick Speaks At 70 by badohemmy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
... Daddy @70 Is A Thing Of Joy - Mr. Emmanuel Onyema

Pastor Onyema Patrick, a clergyman with Deeper Life Bible Church who celebrated his 70th birthday in style over the weekend, has expressed his disgust over the generational gap that exist between his generation and that of today.
The pastor who is the father of popular Nollywood producer, Onyema Emmanuel, complained about the difference in norms, cultures and behavioral patterns of today's world. He urged parents to draw strength from God in other to raise better children in a bad world.
While speaking exclusively to Universal Reporter, the father of seven said; "I have to give God the glory because it is the Lord's doing. I thank God for this opportunity given to me, to see my children and my children's children."
"It has never been an easy road because this life is filled with ups and downs. You have crosses, you have storms, you have different things that come your way. But the bottom line is that if God be for us, victory is sure." He said.
"Of a truth, there is a great generation gap. What we assumed to be norms, rules and values, is different from what we have today. I can say that today's world is going crazy (permit me to use that word)". He said.
He thanked God for giving him life, and expressed joy at being able to see his children and grandchildren. He thanked his children for organising a birthday party for him and prayed that "God will continue to bless them".
Onyema Emmanuel, the Executive Producer of 'Beyond the Priest' and 'Certificate', while fielding questions from Universal Reporter, was full of smiles and happiness at his father's landmark.
Asked how he feels with his father turning 70, he said: "It is a day of joy indeed. The entire family are all happy. As you can see, the entire family are celebrating daddy at 70."
"My dad is a man that holds God in high esteem. Everything he does is centered on God and he has taught us to grow in the way of God, and that's how it has been," he said.
"It is now up to us as his children to ensure that dad lives longer by not distancing ourselves, and ensuring that their welfare is our priority, because he has played his part, now it is our turn," he concluded.
Also speaking to Universal Reporter, Mrs Oguma Faith (nee Onyema), described her father as a loving and hardworking man. She said the family will do anything to make Pa Onyema happy and glad.
The Ada of the Onyema family had kind words for her father, urging him to continue to remain steadfast in God.
"I have a message for my father and it is for him to continue to move strong in the Lord, and use the remaining part of his years to serve God. And at the end heaven will be his portion," she said.
She prayer that God will help herself and her siblings to get to such a number and beyond.
Happy birthday to Pastor Onyema Patrick.

Follow us on Facebook..: http://facebook.com/universalreporter1

Re: The World Has Become Crazy - Pastor Onyema Patrick Speaks At 70 by badohemmy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
Photos

Re: The World Has Become Crazy - Pastor Onyema Patrick Speaks At 70 by badohemmy(m): 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
Photo

(1) (Reply)

Promo! Brand New Spandex Chair Cover For 300 / Lagos Base Comedian Burn To Death! / Official Unveiling "CREAMED AFRICANS"- The Next Big Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.