Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges (37407 Views)

Singer Dammy Krane To Be Arraign In Court On Monday September 16th / Dammy Krane To Be Arraigned June 23; See His Criminal Complaint/Arrest Affidavit / Dammy Krane To Be Prosecuted By Tap Jets, A Private Jet Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by lordsniel(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
EDonHappen:
Embattled Nigerian artiste, Dammy krane, appeared in court today for his bail hearing in the 9-count fraud charges leveled against him in the U.S. He was in court with Chukwuebuka, his accomplice.

Chukwuebuka, who is claiming to be Dammy krane's show promoter, filed paperwork saying that he is indigent. According to our source, the court looked at his papers and it was found that he has no money or property in any bank. He was thereby kept in jail till 22nd of June, 2017.

On his part, Dammy krane pleaded not guilty and paperwork was provided to his defense attorney, showing what police found on his phone. None of his family members or record label representative was in court today. .

Also, the court wants proof that the money to be paid for his bail, is from a honest source. The two suspects now have a new defense attorney, a free one from government, by the name Fan Li. Both accused are back in jail till their next hearing. .

Meanwhile, an inside source confirmed to us that there is a big development in a federal court, coming soon, with new charges. Details of the impending charges are not yet clear but it looks like they are arising as a result of the same kind of fraud committed across state lines.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/06/dammy-krane-remain-jail-set-face-federal-charges/

lalasticlala
All na experience,Go see life on the inside if you convicted it's an opportunity to make madass contact,but I don't pray it gets to that
Ike is real
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by slap1(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2017
sehin79:
federal charges in Us, mehn i pray God pulls him through.

God didn't pull him into it.
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by CioAngels(f): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2017
Like someone said earlier that he wont judge, i wont too. I still remember two of our musician, idris and African china, idris career was put on hold becos he sang Nigeria JAGA JAGA by pa obj, is Nigeria still not in more JAGA JAGA To Date. He did not proffer Solution. African china, to me was framed and also his career was put on hold by same pa obj becos he sang Mr President, to lead us well, to date, what is happening? The senators are stealing Nigeria dry, The police are killing innocent Nigerians, as for taking bribe, to me, they have no case becos if Judge who should put a stop to bribe taking is also Swimming in bribe taking, so no solution to stopping it. African china said No light then, but to date, do we have Light? NO, rather, we are in darkness becos is getting WORSE. More People are committing Suicide which can be liken to Jumping lnside well.
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by abbey621(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2017
adegeye38:

bt there is an issue i want to understand,he is nt a us citizen, nor a legal permanent resident, he is 100% a nigerian citizen, is he suppose to b deported and banned from going 2 d usa?, instead of him being imprisoned there?

Since he committed the crime in the USA, it is completely up to the U.S government whether to extradite him or not.
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by abbey621(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2017
xandy84:

I am not a lawyer but I am familiar with United States justice system. If found guilty of all the counts, all the sentences will run simultaneously. In sentencing a criminal United States, the judge consider a lot of things and first among it is if the person is a first offender or repeated offender, if the criminal is a first offender, the Judge give you the minimum keeping in mind or hopefully you will return because keeping in prison for a long time is it drain on taxpayers money.

uote author=abbey621 post=57233772]

I don't think you are familiar with the U.S justice system! He is facing 7 counts of grand theft and 2 other counts bordering on identity theft with each charge likely to earn 1 to 5 years in jail. This means if he is found guilty of all counts he could face 30 years or more, with a good lawyer he might not serve up to 5 years but certainly more than a year but with public defenders they won't even stress themselves. First offender theory is meant for U.S citizens, when it comes to foreigners and even permanent residents you are at the mercy of the court and there is no issue hotter in the U.S right now than cyber identity theft or cyberfraud. Best case scenario, the promoter Chukwuemeka confesses that Dammy was not aware of all those transactions, the attempt to use up to 5 cards for one purchase and that the Samsung phone used belongs to someone else, this might save him from a harsh sentence but the Nigerian stigma will always make this case a hard one for any defense team.

This is not true for all cases and in Dammy's case, I can frankly tell you that unless he is a U.S citizen the first offender act does not apply. I have an uncle that was arrested in the 90s for the same thing, it was his first time being caught but that did not stop them from slamming him with 7 years. Being a foreigner and a black person in the USA we are already handicapped but to now earn the wrath of the justice system na die o
grin grin
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by Temysteve(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
YellowBarStinks:

Federal charges ?? He's done

He just killed his career

Again, he's not innocent, the Us police will never arrest you if they don't have a concrete evidence, you can confess to killing 100 people but they will never arrest you if they don't have the evidence

As for his career, it's dead already, he can't travel to the USA or Uk ever in his life
dats pathetic! After the minimum 1 jail term he'll now land finally in muritala muhammed, from their nah oke-ogun straight (him mama village) but i pray dey release him sha.
Re: Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges by Dejidejman(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Damn if Federal charges enter this matter then I pity Dammy ooo..I am sure the must have found more evidence in his phone..Damn they are so broke that can't even afford an attorney and yet they were Flying private jet , that alone is enough to infuriate the Judge
Just imagine,when economy class dey jeje

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lepacious Bose: "Devil Stole 25 Years Of My Life Due To Weight & Hypothyroidism” / "I Will Snatch Your Husband And Suck Him Dry" Bobrisky's New Year Resolution / Kirk Franklin Speaks Igbo, Dances Shaku Shaku During Experience 13 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.