Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary (24687 Views)

Nigerian Immigrant Destroys Cars In Germany (Photos) / Nigerian Immigrant Climbs Building In Italy, Causes A Scene (Photos) / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by fafambo: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:
He came with 2kids from naija and the third child is 3months old,the wife just had him a couple of months in calgary.We visited the wife today and she is still in shock.May the good lord give her and the family the courage to bear this irreplaceable loss.
pls send me an email on fafambo8@yahoo.com, pls we need to talk or u can possibly call me on 07038391902
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by imma2(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2017
I think Nigerian media including Nairaland can go a long way in learning from international media outlets.

Did anybody see any graphic pix? No...

R.I.P to the father of three.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Qc1(m): 8:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Ekpekus:

I passed by the library @city hall that night and saw police tape with some police vehicles there. I never knew what really transpired till I got home only to watch CTV breaking the news... it's hard to even understand why? Police know the killer very well As he has been charged before for other crime..
RIP brother

Wow... me too. I was on C-train that night from McKnight to 4th AVE SW (on my way to work) but I noticed the train did not stop at City hall and it was all yellow taped. I had no idea that a fellow Naija just got murdered. Come to think of it, this kind of violence is rare in Calgary or even Canada. May god continue to protect us. My condolence to the family of the dead man and may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by 2shure: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2017
No where is safe.
Always watch your back.
You are abroad.carry tools always
Get a pistol or some shotgun
Don't mean cause u stay in cana
Dah u safe.
They crazy druggies everywhere.
How wish u watched your back.
Rem dah video of a naija guy in uk
Who challenged a man with a knife trying to stab him.
Dats wat we all need to do.
Watch our backs

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by dedoz: 8:44am On Jun 06, 2017
I cant hold back the tears.....killing someone just like that!! A man with so much ambitions...May God console his family,this is very very devastating.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Qc1(m): 8:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:
I have never been this scared for a very long time not even when I lost my Dad.we both studied geology in Nigeria,migrated the same year to Canada,our wives did health care in bow valley college,we applied for power engineering program @ CCIS together and I was chosen,we both have our first child as girls,we work in the same organisation(we even played table tennis on Wednesday prior to his death) he was stabbed two minutes from my house,the train station I use EVERY blessed day.when we visited the wife yesterday she said she saw the news about a man stabbed on city hall not even knowing it was her husband he didn't come back till 12am and she heard a knock on her door and was so happy not knowing it was the cops that came to inform her.

Pidgin2 or parrot 2 I have been reading your negative comments on nairaland about people that want to migrate and I have never for once responded or attacked you and right now you just copied maternal and wellendowed .I totally understand where you are driving @ but I will be ready for you later,I can deductively conclude that you are a low lifer and you are very very irritating,I sincerely pity a man that will marry you cos he wud have preferred Jezebel for a wife.After, my grieving we will see each other more.

Take heart mate. If you ever need counselling or some kind of help please let me know, my job is only 4 C-train stations from your house.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by vickertony(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2017
This is painful o

my condolences to the family

This life is never easy
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Flets: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Ekpekus:

I passed by the library @city hall that night and saw police tape with some police vehicles there. I never knew what really transpired till I got home only to watch CTV breaking the news... it's hard to even understand why? Police know the killer very well As he has been charged before for other crime..
RIP brother
Ekperedike 99!!
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons, I'm sorry you lost a friend in such an unfortunate circumstance. However, you went a tad bit too far in the post where you mentioned me. The name calling is uncalled for but I'll pass because I understand you are grieving, I also sympathize with you and his family especially his wife and kids

To all other folks who called me ridiculous names, this is not the thread where scores are settled. I'll pass all the silly insults for the memory of my fellow Nigerian citizen who lost his life on Canadian soil.

RIP bro

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Timhortons: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=Pidgin2 post=57239837]Timhortons, I'm sorry you lost a friend in such an unfortunate circumstance. However, you went a tad bit too far in the post where you mentioned me. The name calling is uncalled for but I'll pass because I understand you are grieving, I also sympathize with you and his family especially his wife and kids

To all other folks who called me ridiculous names, this is not the thread where scores are settled. I'll pass all the silly insults for the memory of my fellow Nigerian citizen who lost his life on Canadian soil.

Sorry if I actually hurt you with my words as I was really pained just remembering the looks on the face of his kids especially the 3months old baby and looking @ my lil girl,so many unanswered thoughts fly through my head in a second.I take back all my offensive words to you as I meant no harm.Peace dear.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2017
How come the snow ape that perpetrated this act is only getting charged with second degree murder? Wtf?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by DICKtator: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:
He came with 2kids from naija and the third child is 3months old,the wife just had him a couple of months in calgary.We visited the wife today and she is still in shock.May the good lord give her and the family the courage to bear this irreplaceable loss.

Tim Hortons.?

Emm mm, ,!kontinu

This is quite unfortunate and the perpetrator is being charged for second degree murder, no justice in the world!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by dee02(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Unfortunate.
May his soul rest in peace. cry
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Amen.

May GOD comfort his family and loved ones; May his soul rest in peace.Amen

obajoey:
So sad.
God help us all, let not our desires and dreams turn to be a death trap for us.

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Elixir123: 9:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Oh my God ! This is such a sad and scary news. Only God and time can heal this wound ,where will the wife begin bikonu?
And the surge in crime rate especially to Calgary residents ,what could be at its root? Any ideas?
The government has to look into this asap and nip it in the bud.Calgary is too beautiful and rich a province to attract this kind of negative publicity.
I'm really afraid .
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by delishpot: 9:53am On Jun 06, 2017
So they did not catch tgat knife holding man that wanted to stab the other African in a bus some weejs ago? He was a black man I believe. I suspect they are stabbing people as a requirement to join some gang.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by obajoey(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
Amen.

May GOD comfort his family and loved ones; May his soul rest in peace.Amen

Amen.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:

cry..... Please accept my deepest condolence for your loss
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by likeababygirl: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:
Wow! This is so sad, May his soul Rest In Peace. May God send helpers to the family he left behind.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by kechywillz(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
Imagine, person go just dey go on him own, trouble go dey find am,May we not be victim of circumstance in Jesus name amen

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Solatium(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:

He wasn't killed in Nigeria but got killed in one of the countries considered to be the safest....May God stands with the family and repose the soul of the departed
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Okenku1(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2017
Elixir123:
Oh my God ! This is such a sad and scary news. Only God and time can heal this wound ,where will the wife begin bikonu?
And the surge in crime rate especially to Calgary residents ,what could be at its root? Any ideas?
The government has to look into this asap and nip it in the bud.Calgary is too beautiful and rich a province to attract this kind of negative publicity.
I'm really afraid .

The surge in crime is partly due to the recession in Alberta occasioned by low oil price and job losses.
However this crime was unprovoked and the perpetrator is a First Nations guy known by police for other crimes.
Finally, criminal justice in Alberta (and Canada as a whole) can be a joke because criminals get off with light sentences and can get out even earlier after a successful parole board hearing. Or they can be send to a mental health institute and then released after a few years (remember the greyhound killer).
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by win3k: 11:44am On Jun 06, 2017
I will not rule out drug dealing, ibo people are the most killed Nigerian passport holders despite being a small portion of the Nigerian population!
The obituaries are usually that they are good citizens loved by some community. What really triggered the deaths are usually left out!

I never heard of Nigerian passport holders being killed in a tiny country of 350,000 people called Blize until ibos started dealing drugs there...all of a sudden it is reported as attack on Nigerians but when I contacted one of the judges office they sent me some links with ibo names on it!

Anytime an ibo person dies, look closer for the real cause. Majority of them are drug dealers anywhere you find them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by osusuallstars: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
He left the zoo. Trying to escape from hunger, BH, recession, and fulani herdsmen only to me Canadian butcher. My God save his people

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by smilingface(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
rip
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by Elixir123: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Okenku1:

The surge in crime is partly due to the recession in Alberta occasioned by low oil price and job losses.
However this crime was unprovoked and the perpetrator is a First Nations guy known by police for other crimes.
Finally, criminal justice in Alberta (and Canada as a whole) can be a joke because of criminals get off with light sentences and get out even earlier after a successful parole board hearing. Or they can be send to a mental health institute and the released after a few years (remember the greyhound killer).
Hmm ,this is worrisome.Job losses and recession definitely cause a strain generally but ,the guy should be charged for 1st degree murder,I mean this is as pre meditated as it gets and he's not a first offender.
Albertans should follow this case closely, is the death penalty enforced in Canada ? That's the only fair judgement.
God will continue to protect us all.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by bayulll011(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
Timhortons:
I have never been this scared for a very long time not even when I lost my Dad.we both studied geology in Nigeria,migrated the same year to Canada,our wives did health care in bow valley college,we applied for power engineering program @ CCIS together and I was chosen,we both have our first child as girls,we work in the same organisation(we even played table tennis on Wednesday prior to his death) he was stabbed two minutes from my house,the train station I use EVERY blessed day.when we visited the wife yesterday she said she saw the news about a man stabbed on city hall not even knowing it was her husband he didn't come back till 12am and she heard a knock on her door and was so happy not knowing it was the cops that came to inform her.

Pidgin2 or parrot 2 I have been reading your negative comments on nairaland about people that want to migrate and I have never for once responded or attacked you and right now you just copied maternal and wellendowed .I totally understand where you are driving @ but I will be ready for you later,I can deductively conclude that you are a low lifer and you are very very irritating,I sincerely pity a man that will marry you cos he wud have preferred Jezebel for a wife.After, my grieving we will see each other more.

bro just ignore the moronnn she doesnt worth it i am really sorry please God will help you to bear the loss its not easy,and to that low life creeetins it would av been better your mother lost u at infant,we will be one short of uselessssss people on earth,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by keni: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Apparently no where is safe https://www.nairaland.com/3843673/cac-pastor-stabbed-death-lagos may the soul of the departed rest in peace

CAC Pastor Stabbed To Death In Lagos By Unknown Persons - Crime - Nairaland
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by DrSleekQas(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
foundational spiritual powers, make una de pray well o especially those with intents to live overseas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by LeanonGOD(m): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
More Grease.
Pidgin2:
Timhortons, I'm sorry you lost a friend in such an unfortunate circumstance. However, you went a tad bit too far in the post where you mentioned me. The name calling is uncalled for but I'll pass because I understand you are grieving, I also sympathize with you and his family especially his wife and kids

RIP bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Stabbed To Death In Calgary by LeanonGOD(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
You have Absolutely no conscience - the deceased left behind a wife and 3 kids, the last one is just 3 months and all you could offer was pure nonsense, do you have hyena's blood running in your veins? You should be ashamed of yourself.
quote author=win3k post=57244804]I will not rule out drug dealing, ibo people are the most killed Nigerian passport holders despite being a small portion of the Nigerian population!
The obituaries are usually that they are good citizens loved by some community. What really triggered the deaths are usually left out!

I never heard of Nigerian passport holders being killed in a tiny country of 350,000 people called Blize until ibos started dealing drugs there...all of a sudden it is reported as attack on Nigerians but when I contacted one of the judges office they sent me some links with ibo names on it!

Anytime an ibo person dies, look closer for the real cause. Majority of them are drug dealers anywhere you find them!

[/quote]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vigilante Caught Notorious Robber, Tarzan In Bayelsa, Accomplice Escaped (Photos / EFCC Arraigns Yahoo Boy Over $9,200 Scam / Emmanuel Oyinbo Missing After Visiting Sip Night Club In Lagos State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.