Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently (1042 Views)

Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed / Please Guys I Need Your Help On Web Hosts / Please Guys I Need Smartdav Antivirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiEric(f): 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello nairalanders...first of all i'd like to thank whosoever that will give a good advice with Regards to this thread.

Let me go straight to the matter.

Me and a friend of mine has been working on a micro-blogging service(yeah! , something like Twitter) for a while now

and we agreed that it will be based here in Nigeria.

after months of coding...the Project came live and we've paid for shared hosting.....

but the issue here is the fact that we don't know how to go about in terms of publicity.

This is a site we believe will go viral

Please guys your suggestions are welcomed.

the site is snoott.com

you can check it out to see for your self...we've suspended E-mail verification for now.

you can login with the username : kosi

password : 12345
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by badthinds: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wow!!!. Very nice interface, I must say.
May the unseen Energy of the Universe bless your efforts. I wish you well bro. Good work.

First of all:
1. Taking an advice is optional
2. An advice may lead you to trouble
3. An advice may save you from trouble.

Answer these:
1. What features distinguishes snoott.com from twitter.com?

2. Would you be able to take the bulk of nigerian and those they follow already on twitter?

3. What's the aim of twitter.com ...is that your aim? ...would you be able to get nearly all Nigerian celebrities to signup for us to continue the follow?
3i. Would you be able to move the bulk of their tweets to make a comforting snoott?

4. Is it truly a new way to discover?
4i. If yes, how?
4ii. How is it different from twitter.com and the likes

5. Give five reasons why I should signup if I already have a lot of my friends and fans (Nigerian ...and world-wide) following me already

NOTE :
I'm not here to discourage/down grade you...I see the efforts you and you colleague put in the beautiful snoott.com.

Snoott.com is beautiful but NOT creative. (In the way I define creativity)

I'm not here to tell the builder how to build as a fan of a community I advised once told me here on Nairaland.

anyway, the ball is in your court. You can overtake the giant twitter if you work hard!!!

I categorically told a friend of mine. "Don't create a Google, Facebook, or Twitter. Think of anything that would be added as different from the three I listed"

I saw a 'share on twitter' for every post in snoott.com.

Pheew!

Now.

Great work bro.
Signing up didn't take my time.
I wasn't given any feedback for snootting, in as much as I didn't see changes for a while.
I followed easily.
Its fast. Though i'm using a fast network.

Then lastly. The body of the site is excellently attractive but the topmost. Can you add a little work there?

I'll be following you closely ...I may even invite some of my friends to signup there.

Sincerely, me, badthinds. Following.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
Channel Mr Trump.

emphasise on picture editing on d platform.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
word of mouth on university campuses.....
makee me ambassador.
partner with Opera mini.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiEric(f): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
kanayoNickel:
word of mouth on university campuses.....

makee me ambassador.

partner with Opera mini.

Finance is the problem here
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
KosiEric:

Finance is the problem here

Will u sell d project if prompted?

let me revise it this way, will you relinquish 70% of ur stake in it if a suitable investor wades in?
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiEric(f): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
kanayoNickel:

Will u sell d project if prompted?

let me revise it this way, will you relinquish 70% of ur stake in it if a suitable investor wades in?

Nah really...it's just a startup that hasn't lasted upto a week....it doesn't make sense at all
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
Can u briefly list features on it that trumps/competes favourably against those on Twitter.

just go along with this question, u Neva know who might be ur Angel investor
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
KosiEric:

Nah really...it's just a startup that hasn't lasted upto a week....it doesn't make sense at all

most projects did not last up to a day and were snapped up by Google or Amazon....lol

on d surface it looks alike Twitter but there must be hidden treasures in it, right?

Check out Facebook and Vkontake. Siamese twins but each have alluring features that attract people. I think an investor will ask you to list those hidden treasures before putting her money. Don't be afraid to sell ur stake if offered sometin mouth watering.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by abdulwahabO: 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
My thoughts:

The UI is really good though a little slow , the snoott logo is poor. will people use a twitter clone? I think not, but we'll see. Best of luck.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
kanayoNickel:

most projects did not last up to a day and were snapped up by Google or Amazon....lol

on d surface it looks alike Twitter but there must be hidden treasures in it, right?

Check out Facebook and Vkontake. Siamese twins but each have alluring features that attract people. I think an investor will ask you to list those hidden treasures before putting her money. Don't be afraid to sell ur stake if offered sometin mouth watering.

Yah....i dont want to list the features may be you should check it out yourself.
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
The only way i believe this project is going to go far is the "power of new"

most of the twitter functions are enabled in the site
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
KosiKinq:

Yah....i dont want to list the features may be you should check it out yourself.

oh boy...
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2017
kanayoNickel:

oh boy...

Yah...i guess it will be better you see it youself
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2017
kanayoNickel:

oh boy...

Just want to ask if you're kinda interested in this start-up?
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 12:14am On Jun 06, 2017
i Got banned on ma other account
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by logicalhumour: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2017
badthinds:
Wow!!!. Very nice interface, I must say.
May the unseen Energy of the Universe bless your efforts. I wish you well bro. Good work.

First of all:
1. Taking an advice is optional
2. An advice may lead you to trouble
3. An advice may save you from trouble.

Answer these:
1. What features distinguishes snoott.com from twitter.com?

2. Would you be able to take the bulk of nigerian and those they follow already on twitter?

3. What's the aim of twitter.com ...is that your aim? ...would you be able to get nearly all Nigerian celebrities to signup for us to continue the follow?
3i. Would you be able to move the bulk of their tweets to make a comforting snoott?

4. Is it truly a new way to discover?
4i. If yes, how?
4ii. How is it different from twitter.com and the likes

5. Give five reasons why I should signup if I already have a lot of my friends and fans (Nigerian ...and world-wide) following me already

NOTE :
I'm not here to discourage/down grade you...I see the efforts you and you colleague put in the beautiful snoott.com.

Snoott.com is beautiful but NOT creative. (In the way I define creativity)

I'm not here to tell the builder how to build as a fan of a community I advised once told me here on Nairaland.

anyway, the ball is in your court. You can overtake the giant twitter if you work hard!!!

I categorically told a friend of mine. "Don't create a Google, Facebook, or Twitter. Think of anything that would be added as different from the three I listed"

I saw a 'share on twitter' for every post in snoott.com.

Pheew!

Now.

Great work bro.
Signing up didn't take my time.
I wasn't given any feedback for snootting, in as much as I didn't see changes for a while.
I followed easily.
Its fast. Though i'm using a fast network.

Then lastly. The body of the site is excellently attractive but the topmost. Can you add a little work there?

I'll be following you closely ...I may even invite some of my friends to signup there.

Sincerely, me, badthinds. Following.

Gbam. Waec questions. Reality tho.
OP. Nice work
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 12:20am On Jun 06, 2017
KosiKinq:

Just want to ask if you're kinda interested in this start-up?
I was super interested but u shut me out.
Collaboration should be upheld
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 12:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Thanks...buh i must admit this site wasn't actually meant to be a real site...the site was a mistake actually

It was suppose to be a test of Knowledge....

Someone argued if me and my other developer friend was actually Good at what we do(i.e Programming)

"if you guys think you can code why dont you create something like Twitter"

That's how the project started.....

9 months later we finished the site.....Loved the Design...thought of selling it...buh due to power of Self-belief we Decided to carve a name for
it (snoott) which i think sounds Foreign grin

So..believe me we never had any thought of these things...buh i must say

Competing with Twitter is not close to our Thought....

We just want people to Know that Snoott Exist's Nothing more
we want people to give it a try...spend a couple of hours feel what came out of Nigeria....from Nigerians

We don't want our "Mistake" to be in vain.....

Meanwhile you can share post to facebook , Twitter , Google+ and also Insert YouTube Video link....which users can watch in the site without taking you to another window or tab.....Upload from SoundCloud through links.....with all the features of micro blogging services with a hashtag System
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by kanayoNickel: 12:40am On Jun 06, 2017
kk
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by KosiKinq(m): 12:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Meanwhile the app is ready buh the issue is uploading it to Google play Store i think that Cost Money as well
Re: Please Guys Advice Needed Urgently by cbrass(m): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Just keep it as a project in your portfolio. Don't waste too much of your money on publicity. In case you see a buyer don't hesitate to sell

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Good Website Programmer / Scollview Linearlayout Error. / Ajax Search Box In PHP, Mysql And Jquery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.