Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts (428 Views)

Facebook Plans To Launch It's Own Cryptocurrency 'globalcoin' In 2020 / Facebook Plans To Merge Messenger With Whatsapp And Instagram / Facebook Plans To Merge Whatsapp, Instagram And Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts by technative(f): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
Isis, another terrorist group operating in Iraq, Syria and some other Middle Eastern countries has used live streaming of beheading people to send fear into millions across the world.

“If we’re going to build a safe community, we need to respond quickly. We’re working to make these videos easier to report so we can take the right action sooner – whether that’s responding quickly when someone needs help or taking a post down,” said Zuckerberg in a statement.

“Over the next year, we’ll be adding 3,000 people to our community operations team around the world – on top of the 4,500 we have today – to review the millions of reports we get every week and improve the process for doing it quickly.”

“These reviewers will also help us get better at removing things we don’t allow on Facebook like hate speech and child exploitation. And we’ll keep working with local community groups and law enforcement who are in the best position to help someone if they need it – either because they’re about to harm themselves, or because they’re in danger from someone else”.

He also added that “in addition to investing in more people, we’re also building better tools to keep our community safe. We’re going to make it simpler to report problems to us, faster for our reviewers to determine which posts violate our standards and easier for them to contact law enforcement if someone needs help. As these become available they should help make our community safer”.

read more on http://itedgenews.ng/2017/05/16/facebook-plans-to-shoot-down-terrorists-posts/

Re: Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts by CIOSYLVA(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2017
I have said it b4 in one of my paper presentation that one of the reason for increase in terrorism is because of the attention being given to it by media..

The way media circulate terrorist activities are sometimes out of proportion making them to feel momentum to engage more in their attack..

I think it should even be bared to post anything related to terrorist attack on social medias and possibly create a security media where terrorist attack can only post directly to security operatives without others having access to the post.
Re: Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts by CIOSYLVA(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2017
I have said it b4 in one of my paper presentation that one of the reason for increase in terrorism is because of the attention being given to it by media..

The way media circulate terrorist activities are sometimes out of proportion making them to feel momentum to engage more in their attack..

I think it should even be bared to post anything related to terrorist attack on social medias and possibly create a security media where terrorist attack can only post directly to security operatives without others having access to the post.

#MYOPINION
Re: Facebook Plans To Shoot Down Terrorists’ Posts by IdeyFindWife: 11:00am On Jun 06, 2017
CIOSYLVA:

#MYOPINION

It's high time the largely confused politically-correct Western Institution start owning their sh!t in this mess on ground.

The lax policies of allowing everybody and their dope-head friends be opening deviant forums, threads and shooting destructive plans back&forth has not only made their societies more unsafe; it's also prepped the masses for being overtaken by a Police-State in the nearest future while all the sneaky invasion of privacy projects like the Echelon project etc are actually govt monitoring and control tools on the masses.

If they really wanted to fight terrorism, they know what to do and how to do it without dragging the rest of us into it. But, they pvssyfoot around giving extremely ridiculous freedoms to people who are plainly d!ckheads and then they get all reactionary and start seizing citizens' Statutory Liberties and doing crazy stuffs like those obnoxious dehumanizing Airport Cavity Searches, to foreigners from countries like Nigeria, where they get to, legally, use flashlights to search our buttholes in their furking Airports looking for God-knows-What?

Go on their forums and you'll see Interest Groups and Threads where people learn all sorts of sh!t from growing weed to making explosives at home. How on earth does a society that wants to rid itself of sick-furk psycho-serial killers also turn blind eye to their citizens openly discussing Necrophilia, creepy huh?

It's that culture of living in denial that allowed them to think they could manage the complex dynamics of admitting Syrian refugees without any conditions. They've always lived the lie of seeking to push the envelope to the limit without earning the consequences, and they've always done nicely pushing the blame to others while their spoilt kids and permissive societies gets off but the rooster's home to rest now, they should deal with it!

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Hotel Rooms Online As An Agency / 4 Helpful Ways To Travel With A Wi-fi Only Ipad / How To Use Your Iphone As A Webcam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.