Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government (11849 Views)

Sunday Dare: Nigeria To Have Four FIFA Standard Football Pitches In 2020 / Victor Anichebe And Maggie Malcheva, His Girlfriend Meet His Family In Anambra / Victor Anichebe's Uncompleted Mansion In Anambra, His Hometown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by kasynlives: 10:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Former Super Eagles striker and English Premiership striker Victor Anichebe, says he is willing to partner with Anambra Government to provide synthetic pitches in schools in the state.

Anichebe made the appeal at the final of his maiden grassroots football championship for youths in Anambra, held at Nri Boys High School in Anaocha Local Government Area on Sunday.

He said that he hoped to achieve the development of youths through his “Own Goal Project’’.

The player, who made his mark at Everton FC of England, said there were lots of talents that were not in an environment that could help to develop their talents.

“I just think it is important to support the youth, I am where I am because of the support of some other people.

“And it is for me and other people that played the game as well as the government to give the youth the necessary lift.

“I plan to partner with the state government to do more things like this with my “Own Goal Project’’ and application that can be used to showcase the talents of these young ones across the world.

“The quality of play is good, it could be better; the field is not the best and hopefully with the collaboration of the government I can help bring better pitches to my state,’’ he said.

“I intend to put a synthetic pitch here and that is the way forward for youth football in Nigeria, we need the pitch because it serves in all weather.

“Let us be honest to ourselves, if we want to be a strong nation in youth football, we can’t continue to play on pitches like this.

“In England, we have parks that have great pitches, these youths need to go and train, they need better facilities and that is what government should do for them in addition to what we are doing.’’

Anichebe appealed to governments in the country to provide basic facilities to effectively harness young talents at the grassroots.

He also urged the Anambra Government to reinvigorate school age sports through greater collaboration between the ministries of sports and education.

The Chairman, Local Organising Committee for the competition, Anthony Ugorji, noted that improving on the sports facilities in schools would make them to become centres of both academic and sporting excellence.

“We must return to the schools and grassroots to rediscover our glory in sports as a nation.

“We must thank Gov. Willie Obiano for his interest and impressive record in youth empowerment.

“We also urge the governor to ensure synergy between the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Sports for effective sports development in primary and secondary schools,’’ he said.

He expressed the hope that the competition would continue for more talents to be discovered and urged the government to mentor to stardom those who performed well.

Black Stone Boys of Nri defeated Ogene FC of Obeledu 1-0 to win the trophy with a cash prize of N500, 000.

The runners-up got N300, 000 for their efforts.

Dynamic FC of Aguluzigbo beat Enugu-Ukwu boys 5-4 on penalties in the third place match to get N200, 000, while the latter went home with a consolation prize of N 100,000.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/anichebe-partner-anambra-govt-provide-synthetic-pitches-schools/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by kasynlives: 10:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Worthy son of anambra state and igboland.....that how we roll in igboland!!

LIGHT OF THE NATION

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Zonacom(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Unfortunately, Ifeanyi ubah, the state's FA chairman is in DSS detention. I believe he should've been in a better position to work with Anichebe.

4 Likes

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by free2ryhme: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
kasynlives:
Former Super Eagles striker and English Premiership striker Victor Anichebe, says he is willing to partner with Anambra Government to provide synthetic pitches in schools in the state.

Anichebe made the appeal at the final of his maiden grassroots football championship for youths in Anambra, held at Nri Boys High School in Anaocha Local Government Area on Sunday.

He said that he hoped to achieve the development of youths through his “Own Goal Project’’.

The player, who made his mark at Everton FC of England, said there were lots of talents that were not in an environment that could help to develop their talents.

“I just think it is important to support the youth, I am where I am because of the support of some other people.

“And it is for me and other people that played the game as well as the government to give the youth the necessary lift.

“I plan to partner with the state government to do more things like this with my “Own Goal Project’’ and application that can be used to showcase the talents of these young ones across the world.

“The quality of play is good, it could be better; the field is not the best and hopefully with the collaboration of the government I can help bring better pitches to my state,’’ he said.

“I intend to put a synthetic pitch here and that is the way forward for youth football in Nigeria, we need the pitch because it serves in all weather.

“Let us be honest to ourselves, if we want to be a strong nation in youth football, we can’t continue to play on pitches like this.

“In England, we have parks that have great pitches, these youths need to go and train, they need better facilities and that is what government should do for them in addition to what we are doing.’’

Anichebe appealed to governments in the country to provide basic facilities to effectively harness young talents at the grassroots.

He also urged the Anambra Government to reinvigorate school age sports through greater collaboration between the ministries of sports and education.

The Chairman, Local Organising Committee for the competition, Anthony Ugorji, noted that improving on the sports facilities in schools would make them to become centres of both academic and sporting excellence.

“We must return to the schools and grassroots to rediscover our glory in sports as a nation.

“We must thank Gov. Willie Obiano for his interest and impressive record in youth empowerment.

“We also urge the governor to ensure synergy between the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Sports for effective sports development in primary and secondary schools,’’ he said.

He expressed the hope that the competition would continue for more talents to be discovered and urged the government to mentor to stardom those who performed well.

Black Stone Boys of Nri defeated Ogene FC of Obeledu 1-0 to win the trophy with a cash prize of N500, 000.

Dynamic FC of Aguluzigbo beat Enugu-Ukwu boys 5-4 on penalties in the third place match to get N200, 000, while the latter went home with a consolation prize of N 100,000.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/anichebe-partner-anambra-govt-provide-synthetic-pitches-schools/

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by free2ryhme: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
kasynlives:

them never provide the pitch oo

until the pitch in there live believe nothing
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Kingcesar: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hahahahaha with which money?? grin
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Sweet
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Sezua(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Anichebe? DJ cuppy has finished the lil football he can play

1 Like

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by hkidola00(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
hello fellow footballers, firstly r.i.p to CHEICK TIOTE who passed away at training for his chinese team at d age of 30....my point here is that we footballers lie a lot about age, an african player can be 46 with a football age of 30 and den we really think training really hard at dat age isnt a gamble?,i.am not saying tiote lied about his age, but we cant rule out d fact dat africa player lie d most....let keep a sane age pls and not minusing over 12 yrs from d real age

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by hkidola00(m): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kingcesar:
Hahahahaha with which money?? grin
DO U AV ANY IDEA HOW MUCH FOOTBALLERS EARN

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Useless mods that'll banned me for 1 month come and banned me again. Iranu oshi!! If you don't ban me your left and right balls!!

1 Like

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by ThatCEO: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kai. Who wrote this article? Just the first sentence alone, English premiership striker? Even Wikipedia don edit am to championship.

No hating though.
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Kingcesar: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
hkidola00:
DO U AV ANY IDEA HOW MUCH FOOTBALLERS EARN
how many schools The guy said schools not school
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by hkidola00(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kingcesar:
how many schools The guy said schools not school
U STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH FOOTBALLERS EARN

5 Likes

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by chloride6: 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eh we have heard.

Come and be going to championship grin grin cheesy
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Pavore9: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Sadly we have Government at all levels​ who are more interested in showing off how many vehicles they have bought the Police but invest so little in reducing the tendency to crimes by engaging idle but willing hands and minds.

1 Like

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by tiger28: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Zonacom:
Unfortunately, Ifeanyi ubah, the state's FA chairman is in DSS detention. I believe he should've been in a better position to work with Anichebe.
let him pay his debt and he will be a free man.
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Abumtestimony1: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
Guys Abeg run away from all these bet scammers.. those winning slips are designed by them...once your money enter their account.., you will realize. They are fake..If you're bent betting.., chose any betting prediction site of your choice. These guys are scammers.. They have scammed many people. Always changing their contacts.. BE WARNED!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by czaratwork: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
Nwa Nri. Son of the soil
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by SageTravels: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
hkidola00:
hello fellow footballers, firstly r.i.p to CHEICK TIOTE who passed away at training for his chinese team at d age of 30....my point here is that we footballers lie a lot about age, an african player can be 46 with a football age of 30 and den we really think training really hard at dat age isnt a gamble?,i.am not saying tiote lied about his age, but we cant rule out d fact dat africa player lie d most....let keep a sane age pls and not minusing over 12 yrs from d real age

How does this relate to the post
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by SageTravels: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
tiger28:
let him pay his debt and he will be a free man.

Take him to court first
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by hkidola00(m): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
SageTravels:

How does this relate to the post
stf man,we still talking football
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by belindar: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Synthetic pitches my foot. We all knows some things cannot work in Nigeria. Synthetic pitches number 1. How do you maintain it. They cannot maintain road which is the basic necessities of life. Another avenue to siphon money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Lilimax(f): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Victor Anichebe is my Village boy from NRI smiley
Glad to know he's giving back to the society.
BTW, I thought NRI boys is currently a mixed school ?embarassed
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
hkidola00:

You are a sadist and a silly person. There are lots of players who lost their lives in football pitch and most of them are under 30 and non African.

You are so paranoid that even if most African players put their ages at around 35years, mpama like you would still doubt and add more years to them.

Gregory Mertens was just 24 when he died playing for Lokeren.

Parmerio morosini of Livorno was 25 when he died.

Fabrice Muamba nearly lost his life at the age of 24 in 2012.

I don't want to mention the likes of Vivien Foe or Okwaraji because anuofia like you would still disrespect them.

Anybody and at any age can suffer heart problem.

6 Likes

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by hkidola00(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
gbosaa:

You are a sadist and a silly person. There are lots of players who lost their lives in football pitch and most of them are under 30 and non African.

You are so paranoid that even if most African players put their ages at around 35years, mpama like you would still doubt and add more years to them.

Gregory Mertens was just 24 when he died playing for Lokeren.

Parmerio morosini of Livorno was 25 when he died.

Fabrice Muamba nearly lost his life at the age of 24 in 2012.

I don't want to mention the likes of Vivien Foe or Okwaraji because anuofia like you would still disrespect them.

Anybody and at any age can suffer heart problem.
you are a fool
Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
hkidola00:
you are a fool

You sound like a grumpy old anumanu.

3 Likes

Re: Anichebe To Provide Synthetic Pitches In Schools, To Partner Anambra Government by ibawon(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Well placing Synthetic Pitches onbin the school is a nice move, but we all know we Nigerians we Sabi starting, when he leaves for Europe then you will see how the school authority will maintain it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hifl 2018: Match Moments Of UNILAG Vs UNIBEN And 3 Other Return Legs (pictures) / Two Sure Draws Every Week. / Nairaland 2021 Nigeria Football Awards Voting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.