Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early (11680 Views)

Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President / 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early (2) (3) (4)

Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by metronaija2: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Even with the nature of our society, retiring early is possible and achievable (especially if this has always been your lifelong goal), you only need to be willing to make some sacrifices. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 things to do if you want early retirement.

Avoid Spending Mindlessly

The most important step in controlling your finances enough to make early retirement possible, is to track your spending. You have to know what you’re spending on and if it’s necessary for you to spend that much on it, or even spend on it at all. Know how you spend, determine necessary expenses and focus your efforts on reducing or eliminating negligible or unnecessary expenses.

Stop Lifestyle Inflation

Try to avoid living at the maximum standard your income allows. Find a middle point and contently build your life around that, while you save and wisely invest the rest to further increase your earnings. If your income increases, try not to over boost your spending and put a reasonable portion of the extra money into savings. You can also apply this strategy to other surplus money like bonuses, and other small windfalls. This will benefit you far more than buying the latest gadgets and travelling to the most exotic locations all the time.

Go Home-Made

Opt for home-made food, as opposed to eating out all the time. If you’re skeptical about just how financially beneficial this strategy is, give it a shot for a month and see the results. You can even save some more money if you know how to negotiate well for groceries and food stuffs at the market. In addition to the financial benefits of going home-made, there’s also the health benefit of eating fresher and healthier meals.

Stop Trying to Please or One-Up Your Friends

This is one of the biggest money wasters and the greatest enemy to early financial independence. Keeping up with the Joneses and trying to live up to your friend’s standard can end up not only robbing you of a chance at early financial independence, but it can also mess you up financially. Avoid going out all the time, spending in places you never intended to spend in, and spending lavishly on things that you could care less about because of so-called friends. Stick with friends with the same financial mindset as yours, who will contribute positively to your goal of achieving early financial freedom. You’ll be better off for it.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/06/things-to-do-if-you-want-to-retire-early.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Skyfornia(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
I concur
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by veekid(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2017
All these oyinbo thread sef; This can't work in recession abeg

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by NwaObinkita: 7:11am On Jun 08, 2017
sad

If you want to retire early...

Slap your boss.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by ednut1(m): 7:12am On Jun 08, 2017
Marry and give birth early. School fees no be beans

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by ademega(m): 7:13am On Jun 08, 2017
1.set a time or year target for yourselves. You can I want to spend just 5 or 10 years in the service.

2. You save at least 40 to 50% of your earnings.
3.think of a profitable business and do your findings.
4.let your yearly leave be towards establishing your business
5.pray to God
6.marry a good and understanding wife
8.stop show off
9. Thank me
10 add yours

16 Likes

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Edopesin: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2017
Like If You Knw All These :-/

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by 2shure: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2017
I see

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Benjom(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2017
Good
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by hikmojj(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2017
in Nigeria? anyway I refused to disagree...
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by ghettowriter(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2017
Mind your business.
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by koolguy88(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2017
You also need to create a business that will carter for your retirement expenses instead of relying on pension

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Equiano: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2017
This is only theoretical, it's not practical in our society

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by anselm791(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2017
marry early.

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Tyche(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice tips
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by AreaFada2: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2017
Equiano:
This is only theoretical, it's not practical in our society
The guy just dey break grammar. When you are surrounded by poverty. Does he know how much many people spend assisting relatives and friends in dire need?

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Partnerbiz3: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2017
Grammar
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Partnerbiz3: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2017
anselm791:
marry early.
Make i hear

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by IMASTEX: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2017
ademega:
1.set a time or year target for yourselves. You can I want to spend just 5 or 10 years in the service.

2. You save at least 40 to 50% of your earnings.
3.think of a profitable business and do your findings.
4.let your yearly leave be towards establishing your business
5.pray to God
6.marry a good and understanding wife
8.stop show off
9. Thank me
10 add yours

Said it all.
Setting up of your own business is key.
Do you know agricultural business "snailery" is less stressful/capital intensive?
Lets show you the secret

Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Splashme: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by michaelfriday44(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2017
know d difference between liabilities and asset. it helps.
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by nandyz(m): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Op I concur with this. Thanks for opening my anya shocked
Re: Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by tk4rd: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2017
I wan retire quick and join politics at a very young age

Why Do Job Seekers Avoid Insurance Sale Roles? / My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji / For Physics With Electronics Professioner