Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Need Help On How To Stop Gambling - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need Help On How To Stop Gambling (609 Views)

Why You Have To Stop Virtual Gambling!!!!!!! / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness / See What Gambling, Ponzi Scheme Is Doing To Imo State University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ckay19: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
guys I am sorry to disturb u but I need urgent help, I am an ssce holder who have been trying to gain admission into a higher institution for four years now, during my four year at home I have been working at my uncles shop, after three years of working I saved about 150k to 200k while waiting for admission, and last year a friend introduced me to bet9ja virtual, i would not lie since then I have sold most of the things I own, i hardly have money for feeding even I did not register jamb did year cos the money I was given I use to gamble, the fact is dat I am not happy doing this but I can't stop please I need help
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ikbnice(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Gamble with all your life savings (if u have assets, sell them to raise money) all at once and if u lose, you gonna have no much money to gamble again.
N/B: Don't borrow money sha o, so that creditors won't frustrate your life to a quitting point.
On a serious note, stay focused on achieving a better future instead of finding shortcuts to getting rich quick and do away with gamblers as friends. Stay away from them as far as the distance can permit and it shall be well with you.
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by Afonjashapmouth: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Sorry about your loss, however to help you snap out of gambling you really need a big self training and caution. Train your mind to hate any form of gambling and avoid contacts or discussions regarding it. refrain from soccer for a while and find something worthwhile doing about your already paused life. Lastly be inspired by your mate doing really good things for themselves and strive to meet up or even do better.

my opinion
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ubongoton(m): 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
i can help you, just add me up,i will give u 5 draws in this australia week 1 then you get back you money in millions, i was am in same shoe that you are but ever meeting izzu india, my story change
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ckay19: 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Sorry about your loss, however to help you snap out of gambling you really need a big self training and caution. Train your mind to hate any form of gambling and avoid contacts or discussions regarding it. refrain from soccer for a while and find something worthwhile doing about your already paused life. Lastly be inspired by your mate doing really good things for themselves and strive to meet up or even do better.

my opinion
the worst part is that almost everyone close to me possess the same habit
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by Afonjashapmouth: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
ckay19:

the worst part is that almost everyone close to me possess the same habit

No pain no Gain..... you have to either let them go or learn to disconnect yourself when gambling sets in. Like my father told me then, any friend you are moving with and cannot not impact your life positively in months please collect baton...

1 Like

Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by Afonjashapmouth: 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
ubongoton:
i can help you, just add me up,i will give u 5 draws in this australia week 1 then you get back you money in millions, i was am in same shoe that you are but ever meeting izzu india, my story change

How far nah, tell mumsy your medications don finish abeg...

1 Like

Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ckay19: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

No pain no Gain..... you have to either let them go or learn to disconnect yourself when gambling sets in. Like my father told me then, any friend you are moving with and cannot not impact your life positively in months please collect baton...
tanks I'll try and see how it works
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ubongoton(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

You don finish me lol
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

cheesy grin grin
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by Aminu212: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
The reason you cannot stop is that you have been forcing yourself to stop.
Yes, you can't, even though you stop it for some time, you will get back to it soon.

This is because you have been trying to detach your mind from the pleasure of gambling.

Tell me how you can live this game that promises you millions if only you got the correct bets...............these are what the mind tells you..

The only way to solve your problem is for you to use your intellect. Stop forcing your mind.

just think, think about the money you lost in betting......
think about how much profit you would have made if you use this money in purchasing goods to your store.......

think about how you would have secured admission into your desired university if you did not gambled up the money.....

finally, think about how much you are going to lose if you continue gambling!!!

wishing best of lucks.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by ckay19: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Aminu212:
The reason you cannot stop is that you have been forcing yourself to stop.
Yes, you can't, even though you stop it for some time, you will get back to it soon.

This is because you have been trying to detach your mind from the pleasure of gambling.

Tell me how you can live this game that promises you millions if only you got the correct bets...............these are what the mind tells you..

The only way to solve your problem is for you to use your intellect. Stop forcing your mind.

just think, think about the money you lost in betting......
think about how much profit you would have made if you use this money in purchasing goods to your store.......

think about how you would have secured admission into your desired university if you did not gambled up the money.....

finally, think about how much you are going to lose if you continue gambling!!!

wishing best of lucks.
@aminu212 I think this is exactly wat I am looking for thank u very much
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by larireisaac(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2017
undecided just be sincere with ur self %-)
Re: Need Help On How To Stop Gambling by benoinstrull: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
all u need is Jesus in ur life, i know how hard it will be for u to do it alone, u just have to follow Jesus and he will do the rest, Jesus didnt die for christians he died for u becos he wants to help u, ask for his help and belive in him dats all u need

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 / How To Answer 21 Common Exam Questions / See Advert Production Done By Mass Comm Students Of COOU As Class Activity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.