Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak (25094 Views)

How To Prevent Your Cooking Gas Cylinder From Exploding At Home / 22 Signs To Watch Out For When Using A Gas Cylinder / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by Marveleuphoria: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
another important thing is dat. the matches should be light first before turning the gas on and not the other way round. not gas on first before u start looking for matches, hell no Dats Badt.

1 Like

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by Senorprinz(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
free2ryhme:
This has been on frontage for over an hour and not gotten to page 1 or 2

It tells you the kind of people on nairaland

No interest in intellectual discourse

It's the stress most Nigerians are facing thats causing it, most of them prefer trivial articles that'll distract them from the harsh reality they are facing.
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by dcutey: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
More safety tips are to have a fire extinguisher in the house and service it periodically, ensure that gas cylinders are never over filled, do not place LPG cylinders close to any heat source and inspect the hose periodically and change it when it has expired.
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by Kewt: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
free2ryhme:
This has been on frontage for over an hour and not gotten to page 1 or 2

It tells you the kind of people on nairaland

No interest in intellectual discourse

Nicely written. I guess nairalanders are overwhelmed by the information on this piece that they forgot to post on the thread.
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by ericmor: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
I got a leak tru d rubber tube n the next thing I saw when I switch on my gas was fire which I tried to off but couldn't so I rushed outside to lock the cylinder cap n d fire went off. It was God doing

4 Likes

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by piagetskinner(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2017
hmm...noted

wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by trippleKAY(m): 1:01am On Jun 10, 2017
eezeribe:
Nice post.
My colleague during our undergraduate days died from gas explosion... 600 level MBBS,just a few weeks to being inducted as a Medical Doctor.
#RIP UCHMAN...
mm mm, broda, God saved me last year Nov, had serious burn on both of my leg and my right hand due to gas leakage , just came bk from night class at 11pm. a week to my final year exam. thank God for life, rip to ur friend. I'm a testimony
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by trippleKAY(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2017
ericmor:
I got a leak tru d rubber tube n the next thing I saw when I switch on my gas was fire which I tried to off but couldn't so I rushed outside to lock the cylinder cap n d fire went off. It was God doing
same thing happened to me, but I had severe burns on my both legs and right Hand a week to NY final exams, spent a month in hospital last year. God love me a lot bro but obviously love u more lolz, eno funny ooo

1 Like

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by madridguy(m): 5:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Nice one from you @ OP.

1 Like

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by emekarl4u: 5:31am On Jun 10, 2017
VERY EDUCATING
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by glossy6(f): 6:49am On Jun 10, 2017
symbianDON:
the best place to site your gas cylinder is outside your kitchen. it's safer. most of the time there's a leakage, it's usually from the cylinder valve head/gas regulator. if the gas cylinder is outside, the gas leaks into the air and not into a confined space like your kitchen. also, underaged children should never be allowed to operate the cooker and as a rule, if you can abide by it, always shut the gas valve installed on the cylinder after each use of your cooker. lastly and importantly, ALWAYS BUY HIGH QUALITY GAS CYLINDERS. there are a lot of substandard Chinese made cylinders in the market.

True talk. I followed all the procedure above. I rather replace the regulator than take the risk because the regulator gets bad easily with frequent switching on and off
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by ericmor: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2017
trippleKAY:
same thing happened to me, but I had severe burns on my both legs and right Hand a week to NY final exams, spent a month in hospital last year. God love me a lot bro but obviously love u more lolz, eno funny ooo

God love us all. It is well
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by olopaooo(m): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
I love this article God bless the writer.. I used to tell people, you don't need to go to school to acquire knowledge. Come here to nairaland and you will be schooled. Am a gas dealer and am impressed with what I just read. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by WetSmoke: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
God saved me few days ago, I am still traumatized. My case was that of a faulty valve, it was supplying excess gas and the force automatically turned all the knobs on the burner on.
I had made coconut oil earlier so the strong smell masked the gas smell and I didnt perceive the gas. As I lit d match the whole top of the burner was engulfed in flames almost reaching the ceiling. I became so confused that it took me some seconds to remember where the cylinder was. I struggled with the door and ran outside to turn off the cylinder
Re: Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak by Amhappy(f): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
If you notice any leak shut off the valve and carry out through repair or replacement. Don't manage any faulty part. Storing outside in a well ventilated place is always safer than inside the kitchen. Also the gas cooker with single burner placed on top (mostly used by students) has more accident statistics. Avoid it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why You Need Braces / Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada / This Is Why Your Pimples Will Not Disappear! Truth Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.