Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? (1407 Views)

COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
We see the affluent ones donating huge amount of money. These people's money ordinarily will foot the bills of the church.
Would it be morally wrong if someone earning 15k doesn't cough out 1500 naira as tithes. This is owing to the numerous things one has to tend to in this recession. Harvest lunching should be excluded as well. I can't be pledging what i can't fulfill all due to preaching of 'faith.' There are other ways we can be useful in the church; like supplying labour and our presence at religious functions.
What's your take @all?
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
if it was the government collecting taxes on you, would it matter what the country is like?

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by torres89: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jesus Christ who is God never said anywhere in the Bible that we should pay tithe.

he only preached about faith and love

help the needy around you if you can

did you know that Jesus Christ only mentioned the word tithe once in the Bible

but talked about wine and love more

don't be deceived by Yahoo Yahoo pastors.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
Paying tithes or sowing seeds was never rational. In fact, it's a dogmatic engagement.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by felixomor: 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
If u dont want to pay.
Dont pay.

Simple!

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by An2elect2(f): 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
torres89:
Jesus Christ who is God never said anywhere in the Bible that we should pay tithe.

he only preached about faith and love

help the needy around you if you can

did you know that Jesus Christ only mentioned the word tithe once in the Bible

but talked about wine and love more

don't be deceived by Yahoo Yahoo pastors.

It is a sin for a Christian to tithe

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by OtemAtum: 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pay your tithes into your savings account, calculate everything together after five years-mheen, you are a millionaire. Take out of the millions and do good to humanity.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Joagbaje(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
redbeans:
We see the affluent ones donating huge amount of money. These people's money ordinarily will foot the bills of the church.
Would it be morally wrong if someone earning 15k doesn't cough out 1500 naira as tithes. This is owing to the numerous things one has to tend to in this recession. Harvest lunching should be excluded as well. I can't be pledging what i can't fulfill all due to preaching of 'faith.'
what's your take @all?

The more reason you should worship God with your money . Giving to God is nit expenditure but rather an investment. It's a seed . And a seed has harvest .

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
if it was the government collecting taxes on you, would it matter what the country is like?
tax is different na. I pay just 100 naira for that. But for tithes, i'll have to cough out 1500 naira.
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by PROPHETmichael: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
According to the Bible, if as at this time that you are earning 15k, you are struggling to be faithful with your tithe, even if you earn billions, you still wouldn't be faithful.
As a matter of fact, this is the best time to sow.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by ichuka(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
PROPHETmichael:
According to the Bible, if as at this time that you are earning 15k, you are struggling to be faithful with your tithe, even if you earn billions, you still wouldn't be faithful.
As a matter of fact, this is the best time to sow.
Sow,when not led to do so?
You guys always think God is BaBa Ijebu or NairaBet that when you give 1k you make 1m.
How much did Job sow during his first stage and second in the bible?

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by mastermaestro(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
cheesy cheesy Men and excuses why goal posts should be shifted for them. grin The world's wisdom is foolishness before GOD, and the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish. Maybe you should stop drinking water because the economy is mired in recession.

A man has two currencies of N500 on him going to church. He arrives at the church gate and notices that one note is missing. He goes back some distance but can't find the money. He instantly shrugs it off, " Sorry LORD, that's your offering. This is for my transport fare back home. I know you always understand." cheesy cheesy

The GOD of Christianity has never been poor! Give freely or forget about it!

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by PROPHETmichael: 12:10am On Jun 09, 2017
ichuka:

Sow,when not led to do so?
You guys always think God is BaBa Ijebu or NairaBet that when you give 1k you make 1m.
How much did Job sow during his first stage and second in the bible?

You think God's blessing is all about money?It could be in the area of security, health etc.
I can categorically tell you that Job was a faithful thither. How did i know? The bible says

(1) Job was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. Being faithful with your tithe was one of the ways to know you know you fear God in the old testament.

(2) Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom. (If he can sacrifice a burnt offering then he can do more for tithe which was a tradition in the old testament.

(3) One of the benefits of a tither is that God said in Malachi 3:11 that he will "prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” and Satan confirmed this when he said “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

Tithing is not a comment from God, it is a command so therefore, you don't need to be led.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Veron265(f): 12:16am On Jun 09, 2017
It matters not whether we are in a recession or not, as long as you are earning, one must oblige and tithe.

A diligent tither never lacks.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2017
redbeans:
tax is different na. I pay just 100 naira for that. But for tithes, i'll have to cough out 1500 naira.

You coughed it with a pistol pointed at you
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2017
redbeans:

You coughed it with a pistol pointed at you
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by ichuka(m): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

You think God's blessing is all about money?It could be in the area of security, health etc.
I can categorically tell you that Job was a faithful thither. How did i know? The bible says

(1) Job was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. Being faithful with your tithe was one of the ways to know you know you fear God in the old testament.

(2) Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom. (If he can sacrifice a burnt offering then he can do more for tithe which was a tradition in the old testament.

(3) One of the benefits of a tither is that God said in Malachi 3:11 that he will "prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” and Satan confirmed this when he said “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

Tithing is not a comment from God, it is a command so therefore, you don't need to be led.

Stop adding to the scriptures.i believe you know the consequence in regards Job been a tither.
1.your first point,wrong again.been faithfull has nothing to do with tithing in regards to the book of Job.
2.whats the connection with his sacrifice and tithing?Dude stop adding.
3.dude,you don't even know why the story of Job was added nor the lesson it portrays
You need to study the book properly.
Dude tithe was instituted as part of the law by Moses and has been fulfilled by our Lord.
We are no longer under the law YES??
Now!!! We are under Grace been led by His Spirit.

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by An2elect2(f): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
mastermaestro:
cheesy cheesy Men and excuses why goal posts should be shifted for them. grin The world's wisdom is foolishness before GOD, and the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish. Maybe you should stop drinking water because the economy is mired in recession.

A man has two currencies of N500 on him going to church. He arrives at the church gate and notices that one note is missing. He goes back some distance but can't find the money. He instantly shrugs it off, " Sorry LORD, that's your offering. This is for my transport fare back home. I know you always understand." cheesy cheesy

The GOD of Christianity has never been poor! Give freely or forget about it!
The preaching of the cross is Christ's death, burial and resurrection not tithing you bloody liars

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by mastermaestro(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
An2elect2:
The preaching of the cross is Christ's death, burial and resurrection not tithing you bloody liars

Misfits don't reason straight. Poverty resides in their thought process. How much does ten percent of your lifetime income amount to, blind ignorant bat? Scamper off!!! I don't run Scriptures with perverts!

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by An2elect2(f): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
mastermaestro:

Misfits don't reason straight. Poverty resides in their thought process. How much does ten percent of your lifetime income amount to, blind ignorant bat? Scamper off!!! I don't run Scriptures with perverts!
You couldn't hide your evil heart!

God's wrath is coming upon wicked men like you. How would you escape it!

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by mastermaestro(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
An2elect2:
You couldn't hide your evil heart!

God's wrath is coming upon wicked men like you. How would you escape it!

An outlaw, a deviant, a fallen soul, she that thinks she is standing while she has actually crashed, quickly find your way back to faith before hell crashes into you without notice. You are a tithe robber! No robber will enter into Heaven!

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 10, 2017
mastermaestro:

An outlaw, a deviant, a fallen soul, she that thinks she is standing while she has actually crashed, quickly find your way back to faith before hell crashes into you without notice. You are a tithe robber! No robber will enter into Heaven!
hmm... Don't you think you are too antagonist? Make your point without insults, please.
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by mastermaestro(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2017
redbeans:
hmm... Don't you think you are too antagonist? Make your point without insults, please.

Shut up, Mr Defense Attorney! Go back and read her first response to my post.
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by kevoh(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Please keep paying your tithes, don't relent! grin Jehovah ministered to me that heaven's bank account is getting depleted and that he is very broke presently. He needs your money to pay the ever growing luxury lifestyles of his generals a.k.a men of god. cool Please, help spread the word to other doubting tithers.
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2017
kevoh:
Please keep paying your tithes, don't relent! grin Jehovah ministered to me that heaven's bank account is getting depleted and that he is very broke presently. He needs your money to pay the ever growing luxury lifestyles of his generals a.k.a men of god. cool Please, help spread the word to other doubting tithers.
sarcasm. An expensive one, don't you think? smiley
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by kevoh(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2017
redbeans:
sarcasm. An expensive one, don't you think? smiley
It's not sarcasm my brother. angry Either pay your tithe to god as a good Christian should or get roasted in hell fire prepared by same god for eternity. Pretty straightforward! Choose one! grin grin
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
mastermaestro:

Shut up, Mr Defense Attorney! Go back and read her first response to my post.
kk. Just saw it but cool down. If i'm not mistaken, there is no emphasis on tithe in the new testament. Salvation was the main thing Jesus was after. Abeg lalasticlala carry this debate to frontpage for proper insight.
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by mastermaestro(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
redbeans:
kk. Just saw it but cool down. If i'm not mistaken, there is no emphasis on tithe in the new testament. Salvation was the main thing Jesus was after. Abeg lalasticlala carry this debate to frontpage for proper insight.

Debate? Who in his sane mind debates clear Scriptural principles? By the way, proper insight from who? Atheists, or stingy Christians who grudge when giving offerings? Stingy, self-centered Christians always complain about everything that's related to giving money in church. Whether you give your tithe and offerings or not, the work will still be done. Money has never hindered the spread of the Gospel. Never, ever!
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2017
mastermaestro:

Debate? Who in his sane mind debates clear Scriptural principles? By the way, proper insight from who? Atheists, or stingy Christians who grudge when giving offerings? Stingy, self-centered Christians always complain about everything that's related to giving money in church. Whether you give your tithe and offerings or not, the work will still be done. Money has never hindered the spread of the Gospel. Never, ever!
hmm... You are a radical christian sort of smiley. Or is it constructive criticism?
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 11, 2017
Cc.. Ishilove Mynd44 OAM4J
Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by omoowhe: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
so church don become government ba?

Re: Are low-income earners bound to pay tithes/sow seed for their salvation? by Afonjashapmouth: 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
omoowhe:

so church don become government ba?

Use ur brain, it's just an illustration undecided

I Need Pdf Of Franklin Hall's Atomic Bomb With God / Jehovah Witnesses: Are You The Servants Of Your Fathers, As You Say Jesus Was? / Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55