Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! (102668 Views)

My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / I Slept With My Brother-in-law Unknowingly, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by fortunechy(m): 12:47am On Jun 08, 2017
What else do you want him to do

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 08, 2017
emusmithy:

Matrimonial room or bed DOESN'T connote the bed they both sleep, mind you.
It's an idealistic attachment they both share.

So a man can cheat with a girl on his couch and not on their "matrimonial bed" ?

Marriage bed is with both couples wherever they go.

The bed they share isn't as sacred as the faithfulness they live by.
"One would wonder if it would have been better if it were another room/bed"

I guess you missed that, or you just don't understand? The point I was trying to make is simple, if you didn't get it_I can't help you.

shumuel:

This is the first time i would ever disagree with any of your comments @boldeds.

Yes, we all agree he should had knock which courtesy demands but lets not forget even OP(Iyayi) pointed out the fact that he could had thought she was still at the lines, which was outside, and also in respect to the above point he was going to meet his brother, who he thought was alone; this is brother for pete's sake, someone he had know all his life even before the wife came into the famiy,, would she had been bothered about knocking if it was her own sister ? I think not.

Lets not also forget ''shock'', yes shock, that was probably what happened to the BIL, seeing someone unclad and acting action film under the bed would definitely make him froze, why ? Because it was unintentional,, if the BIL wants to see her unclad, he would had been a ''peeping tom'', and not right in front of his brother, Think!

I will like you ladies to stop basing everything on gender violations, and we men are not your enemy, so please don't let your judgement beclouded.

I will like you to stop seeing everything as bashing. That was my opinion, this is yours. smiley
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 08, 2017
sisqology:
Op... If you're the one on your profile, then I don't know what you're covering
Makes you wonder, innit? cheesy Women and hubris. Stop thinking there's something special about your body. Nothing dey there... Na so one aunty dey give me heat that time on a similar issue. If only she knew how many better naked bods wen I don see, touch sef.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by eDeity: 1:00am On Jun 08, 2017
Lol sad To me I'm not saying your did the right thing by barging into your room without knocking... But I think it's not intentional and he apologized for that. Please don't listen them telling you that you hubby doesn't respect for not scolding your brother in law, you know your hubby better and donot let anyone tell you how he's... Tanks smiley
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by emazy10(m): 1:03am On Jun 08, 2017
PaperLace:
I would have thought secondary schools are on mid term break, going by some juvenile comments here.

OP, you reserve the right to feel the way you feel. I will feel the same way. It's worrying that he comes into your matrimonial room without knocking, you didn't set the boundaries before now. He even stood there apologising, apologising while staring at your unclothedness and your husband didn't react? Nawa!!

It should hurt that your husband dismissed it like that. He isn't expected to kill his brother, but I expected him to show more seriousness. They both don't have any much respect for you.

Call the brother and warn him sternly never to enter your room, with/without knocking. He shouldn't even come close to your room. Try to forget about it, I can imagine how you feel _it's normal, but you'll be fine.
This one na talk?

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by eDeity: 1:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Funny not all people take this issue of seeing my unclothedness as anything... I remember then when I was in my jss class my aunt of about 25 then after taking her bath in the evening towards 7pm would walk unclad from the bathroom outside the house, through the city room then to her room. She does it every time. I was even the one covering my face, it was a case of masquerade passing and the female folks making way. she never bothered. It was my grandma that stopped it and it took time before she stopped

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by okrote4real: 1:13am On Jun 08, 2017
iyaayi:
My live in brother in law of whom we are agemates barged into my room unannounced this morning. I was totally naked & had to dive under the bed from the shame & shock.

He stood there apologising that he didn't know i was in the room (we had met outside by the clothes line a short whiule ago).
The most painful part is that my husband who was lying in d bed in the room didn't find it necessary to utter a word.
When I confronted him, he said that shebi his brother had said 'sorry'
I really don't know what to do. I feel let down by hubby's reaction & also ashamed about the whole incident.
pls good folks, what do I do to redress the situation. thank you

Why you come dey unclad sef when you know that anyone could enter your room unannounced?
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Partnerbiz3: 1:25am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

Kindly read well or get a recommended glass. I am male for your information, and married as well. My younger brother dare not enter my room without knocking, not to talk of standing after seeing my wife naked. Except he wants to explain his real intentions towards my wife
And wats is in ur wifes nakked body?
5000 persons could have seen her nakked before.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by delvinmaya(m): 1:31am On Jun 08, 2017
@op, nobody here giving you advice will live your life for you, all you will get here is both good and bad advice. Left for you to discern which is which.
What I can pretty much tell you is this, you feel your husband didn't do enough and you are seeking to redress, and as such brought your family affair to a public forum where your husband and your BIL have access to?
Especially after your husband already addressed said issue, hmmmmmmmm, I sorry for your case sha because it's a big affront to your husband.
Unwittingly you might have created more problems in your bid to redress an "affront" to your person.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by ademoladeji(m): 1:37am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

Kindly read well or get a recommended glass. I am male for your information, and married as well. My younger brother dare not enter my room without knocking, not to talk of standing after seeing my wife naked. Except he wants to explain his real intentions towards my wife

And if he did enter your room without knocking nko? Will you kill him?
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 08, 2017
sad

My Kinda Person

Hate Knocking.. can't stress my knuckles

Always coming through

smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by amokeme(f): 2:02am On Jun 08, 2017
I read some comments on NL and I wonder the kind of women that raised this men or how dilapidated the family they come from or grew up in must be. Or what kind of role model fathers they had while growing up cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by OTEGA1: 2:08am On Jun 08, 2017
So because he saw u unclad d family should enter chaos abi?
That how family problem start. He has said sorry wat else do u want...

Ladies y can u wear or tie wrapper at least. This ideas of naked every opportunity will put u in trouble one day.

Assuming d robber enter ur room will u be asking for sorry ur name will be sorry.....

Lock door days way dere is key if u are cursed DAT u can't do without being naked.....

Respect itself and coverup u never say never this just a warning
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by MadCow1: 2:09am On Jun 08, 2017
Caustics:
what do you want him to do? kill his brother? What is done is done. No need making a mountain out of a mole hill. Escalating it will only make you feel more ashamed. By the way how old are you? cuz after a certain age people seeing you naked shouldnt bother you this much.

My Nigga. cool

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Originalsly: 2:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Hmmmm......I'm trying to imagine the view you gave him while diving under the bed.... that'll stuck in his mind until the end of time....you gave it to him.. can't take it back...move on.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by chiraqDemon(m): 2:22am On Jun 08, 2017
Chanchit:
You no gree wait make he see full view before you dive enter under bed, and he didn't know you were even there, so if to say ur husband na those mumu husband, na so you go say make he chase the guy komot.
Abeg bros pass that ur bread come make I soak am inside alomo and ginger
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by abels(m): 2:41am On Jun 08, 2017
johnson232:

Honestly whether he walk's away or stay to deliver his message is the same thing, the mistake has already been done. For me, it was more prudent of him to apologize & deliver his message, instead of rushing out like a kid without apologizing...

U women read unwarranted meaning to everything, it is not as bad as the way the op is putting it....
.. U try, i pray mak e happen to ur wife tis weekend lets c if its dat eazy
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by abels(m): 2:42am On Jun 08, 2017
johnson232:

Lol...Do ladies hide human head in their rooms....

This issue of knocking is somewhat subjective & depends on the relationship....often times i don't knock before entering my sisters room...the door is even always open, just with a door curtain hung on it...
.. Dat means u com frm a wayward come, u can c ur sistad unclad as u like.. Enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by monddy25(m): 2:43am On Jun 08, 2017
it is the closeness of the family that made such mistake to occurr, the actins of the husband was not so convincing though but the good part is that an apology had been made, my dear sis you just have to leave with it, life goes on. what will be your gain if your hubby chase his brother away.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by abels(m): 2:44am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

How did people like this end up here. You referred someone's wife as a bitch. Speaks volume of your background
.. D guy is an imbecil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by abels(m): 2:45am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

Kai!! People dey ooo! So I should give my brother a medal for foolishly entering my room without respect. Or issue him a cheque for still standing after noticing my wife is naked.
Ony'isi, ndewoo
.. Dnt answer dat guy, na negative person
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by femi4: 2:47am On Jun 08, 2017
Caustics:
what do you want him to do? kill his brother? What is done is done. No need making a mountain out of a mole hill. Escalating it will only make you feel more ashamed. By the way how old are you? cuz after a certain age people seeing you naked shouldnt bother you this much.
grin grin grin
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by abels(m): 2:49am On Jun 08, 2017
Delphi:
Young lady @iyaayi, you don't need to worry cos 'nothing spoil'. I can bet or vouch that you brother-IL did not see anything. I know, to you, he saw you unclad but for me, due to the momentariness/swiftness of the action he wouldn't comprehend what he saw. That is the situation of things. He stood there for some time because he was stupefied. Let me give you two examples; if you've gone to the mortuary, you see dead bodies in their unclad state but true to fact your brain wouldn't comprehend/amuse at their unclad state due to the queerness of the mortuary situation. Secondly, someone involved in an accident may suddenly run amok and people will hold him in place. At that point in time, the victim doesn't know/comprehend what he does. @iyaayi, these illustrations are to let you know that you BIL didn't enjoy your unclad state. Also, he stood there for awhile apologizing because he lost control of any other voluntary action to execute rather did what (apologies) his brain thought best at that time. Your hubby who was there understood the situation at it's best and hence he dished out the best judgmental action. So, cool your temper madam, you're still intact.
... If u r married i pray it happens to ur wife tid weekend, so dat u can quote tid rubbish u just posted
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by femi4: 3:01am On Jun 08, 2017
amokeme:
I read some comments on NL and I wonder the kind of women that raised this men or how dilapidated the family they come from or grew up in must be. Or what kind of role model fathers they had while growing up cry
Let's have your take and stop the blaming game.

To start with....it was an accident

Its difficult to judge if BIL took advantage of the situation by standing there and apologise.

The husband comment means he's been entering the room unannounced severally perhaps to discuss private issue with his brother

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by bellotaofeek: 3:01am On Jun 08, 2017
iyaayi:
My live in brother in law of whom we are agemates barged into my room unannounced this morning. I was totally naked & had to dive under the bed from the shame & shock.

He stood there apologising that he didn't know i was in the room (we had met outside by the clothes line a short while ago).
The most painful part is that my husband who was lying in d bed in the room didn't find it necessary to utter a word.
I really don't know what to do. I feel let down by hubby's reaction & also ashamed about the whole incident.

There is one adage in Yoruba " Awonu ni Omode n wo Obo IYA re '' meaning he who see the unclothedness of ones mother gets nothing from it . Move on. No harm !
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by fkyshow(m): 3:03am On Jun 08, 2017
MissIndependent:
Any man should knock when entering a ladies room locked or not. angry
But the same does not apply to women, abi? Double standards.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by tomdon(m): 3:05am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

So you mean the brother in law standing there after noticing his elder brother's wife is naked is cool?
What happens to him walking away so she can cover up before coming to apologise.

What's inside the naked woman.
Ina jus like trouble

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by fkyshow(m): 3:30am On Jun 08, 2017
Anextin:
My dear, it has happened, just talk to ur bil to always T knock and wait for response before stepping foot ever again into ur room whether u are present or not. Remember when my bro who's living with me entered our room early morning, he called me, and I answered expecting him to say what he wanted, instead he just opened the door and my hubby just finished............, anyways, I told him in no certain terms not ever again try such. I don't remember to lock my room when going out let alone when am home, nah, everyone knocks, wait for response before entering our room. And I also extend same courtesy to my bro before entering his room, though I don't wait for answers most times, I knock and enter,, Sorry!!!!
Lol, there is no point in knocking if you won't wait for answer before you enter..
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by emi14: 3:37am On Jun 08, 2017
iyaayi:

He stood there apologising that he didn't know i was in the room (we had met outside by the clothes line a short while ago).
Since you don't have clothes to wear, why didn't you lock the door before going naked when you know that you room is bus station. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 08, 2017
emazy10:

This one na talk?
Yes it is talk!
You don't enter people's room without knocking. Let alone a couples room! They could have been having sex for fu<k sake!
This is what over familiarity causes.

Some people are very personal with their body and they reserve the right to feel that way. I can only imagine the view she gave while trying to take cover. Whether you agree or not, the image would stick in the BIL's head.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by AreaFada2: 3:40am On Jun 08, 2017
richyblink1:

How did people like this end up here. You referred someone's wife as a bitch. Speaks volume of your background

Imagine the conconbility! grin cheesy

Very sad but funny what replies are here.

How can a grown ass (same age as a married woman) BIL enter a matrimonial bedroom without knocking? shocked shocked

I'm sure he has his own room in the house. The SIL won't go into his anyhow.

Even the BIL should have quickly left the room apologizing. Not still standing there while SIL dives for cover.

The hubby should have said sternly "please knock on the door each time", apology or no apology. The wife's body is not for whole family viewing.

Our inability to be objective with blood relatives is the cause of many marital issues, especially hubby's relatives.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Blue-Eyed Risikat Azeez Makes Peace With Her Husband (Photos) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Eddy Omodiaogbe Missing In Ogun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.