Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

When Should You Give Up On Your Dreams? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Should You Give Up On Your Dreams? (1054 Views)

You Can Now Achieve Your Dreams Of Studying Medicine Abroad!!! / Share Your Dreams / Dont Let ASUU And Fed Govt Delay Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Should You Give Up On Your Dreams? by Ndipe(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2007
At times, we may face roadblocks in our quest for sucess, thus wearing us out. Stories abound of people who were either frustrated in their quest to study medicine, because they were several points short of attaining the required score. But this case of failure is not only restricted in the field of academics (and I mentioned medicine in particular, because of its endearing popularity and reverence in the world). The employment world is also inundated with tales of workers who were unable to gain the coveted position at work because they had crossed their boss's path. While this may create a sense of failure and frustration in their life, there are some who have choosen to embark on their quest for success in a different route. Even if it means, taking JAMB 3-4 times to study Law, nothing, it appears could derail their quest of becomign a lawyer. The rest, not so endowed with this ambition would reluctantly give up and diverge into another career path. 2 days ago, I was on a Nigerian webpage and read this touching story of a man who scored the highest point in the JAMB exams and got admitted into college back home.  http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/education/2007/jan/30/education-30-01-2007-001.htm). A scholarship from Cowbell was another icing on the cake (or should I say, the butter on his bread). Isnt that encouraging?

A different case, replete with failure. A girl, in an attempt to compete in a national pageant, competed 9 times at a state organized pageant, with no sucess at all. Age limit forced her to give up her dream of ever winning the Miss USA pageant. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andria_Mullins)

So, my question is this, would you ever give up your attempt to fulfil your dreams, even if it means competing 9 times all to no avail, or when exactly do you give up on following your dreams?

(1) (Reply)

Imo State University, What Is Happening? / Help, Can I Still Gain Admission To Uniben With Score 46 / When Will Unad Part Time Student Start Their Second Semester Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.