Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? (582 Views)

Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership / Dollar Crashes To N395 In The FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by robotix: 8:34am On Jun 08, 2017
I just made a payment today for a transaction of $21.67 but GTB deducted N8,559.65 at the rate of 395. We all know that dollar is now N362-N365/$. So, why is our banks charging us above this mark? We need answers and query so that they can bring down the price to the official rate.

A simple glance through AbokiFX.com as shown in the screenshot above can see what banks are charging for online payments across boards.

I believe I am not the only one that have experienced this and I want everybody to tweet to CBN using @CenBank to lodge a complain on twitter.
Please do so now. keep tweeting

front page please.. @lalalsticlala,ishilove, dominique please front page.

Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by Dycaptain(m): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Our bank system needs to be checked and more organised, God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria, God bless the ibo, God bless Yoruba, God bless delta and all ss region and God bless hausa
Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by orbgoblin: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2017
One of the people's major problems are the banks. I've always wondered why nothing has been done about this issue. The central bank cannot say they do not know about this. All of them na thief!!!
Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by abhosts(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2017
The Banks want to discourage the use of Naira Cards for USD Transactions.
Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2017
That is why I got a dollar card from GTB to use for foreign transaction. The mallams in my area can sell as low as $20...
Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by robotix: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2017
abhosts:
The Banks want to discourage the use of Naira Cards for USD Transactions.
I think that is the point but that will only be achieved if and when the exchange rates has drastically fallen.
Re: Why Are Banks Charging Us Above Parallel Market Rates At N395/$ When It Is N362? by ugbengasin34: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
My London/UK people, you may want to visit

www.maloofx.com

Not only do I bring you information from the parallel/black market rates across 3 cities (Abuja, Lagos & PH) in Nigeria, I have also gone ahead to show you the comparison of the rates in Nigeria vs London.
The table Labelled London shows the average rate from Peckham/Woolwich.
WITH COMMISSION: What the Dealer would tell you his rate is
WITHOUT COMMISSION: The “True rate” you get for your bucks after removing the Dealers commission
All you need do come to the site and check what you are getting for your hard earned pounds sterling.

Have fun.
Ontario/Canada rate coming soon

(1) (Reply)

GTB Just Charged Me 390 Naira Per Dollar. Very Outrageous (Picture) / Lambrella Italian Shoes For Sale / N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.