Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m (4478 Views)

Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window / Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by actiondrilling: 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
In anticipation of Sallah holiday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Thursday raised the total intervention for the week to 547 million dollars as against 195 million dollars offred the previous week.

The CBN spokesman, Mr Isaac Okorafor in a statement in Abuja, said that the intervention would uplift the Naira exchange rate, boost liquidity in the forex market and ensure timely execution and settlement of eligible transactions.

Okorafor, also expressed confidence that the interventions would continue to guarantee stability in the market and ensure availability to individuals and business concerns with genuine demand for Forex transactions.

Meanwhile, the Naira on Thursday closed at N362 to a dollar as supply by CBN improves. This is a far improvement over the N370 it was selling earlier in the week.

Also, the Pound Sterling and the Euro have maintained their strength against the Naira, exchanging at N462 and N428 respectively. (NAN)
Source:http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/naira-closes-at-n362-as-cbn-injects-547m.html

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by snazzy5050(m): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
What about 150/$ for a start? sad sad We need prayers in this country not just restructuring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
Buhari promised 40 naira to 1$, yet we are stuck to 360 and above. When will the naira come down sef, me I don tire

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 01, 2017
The injectors...

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2017
to sell-362, to buy 365. we are getting there.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by birdsview(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2017
Will this Naira of ours ever go below 250 to a dollar at all? CBN injects this and that,and it still always hovers around 360..

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by saraki2019(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2017
Mhm
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 01, 2017
This not too good for Btc investors like me

.join us check my profile
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Generalkaycee(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by tgmservice: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2017
abeg we are tired of hearing this

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Naziridamos: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2017
Failed country undecided
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by cheehummer(f): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/girlieclothings/
This store is a front. They don't deliver any goods or have any to sell. I've been a victim and would hate to see anyone fall for their schemes. They have good pictures, seemingly attractive products and many followers. I fear many would still patronise them. Each time I make a post on their page, they of course block me.
#spreadtheword#saynotocrime#love
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by InvertedHammer: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2017
The US dollar index hit the lowest level this year on monday and the best naira could do is N360/$ with all the interval interventions by CBN. In other words, 2017 has been a very bad year so far for US dollars.

If US dollar index rebounds and starts heading to 100. There is no way naira will not exchange for N500+/$. It may happen sooner than most could imagine.

/

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by burkingx(f): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2017
grin

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by AroOkigbo(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2017
I'm sure a good part of the "injections" goes into private purses. Inject, injection, injected. ...still $ remains around #360
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Tboiyyy: 7:59am On Sep 01, 2017
How much is black market exchange rate, any idea anyone?
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Bluffly: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2017
Remimadrid:
Buhari promised 40 naira to 1$, yet we are stuck to 360 and above. When will the naira come down sef, me I don tire
When you become productive thereby achieving higher exports and low imports
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Jflex07(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2017
tumababa:
to sell-362, to buy 365. we are getting there.
We no dey ever reach there?
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2017
snazzy5050:
What about 150/$ for a start? sad sad

Look the only way that is going to happen is if the reserves are allowed to reach say $100bn. But guess what? It cant. Why? Because we insist on the foreign over the local and because an entire segment of Nigerian that lives off importation and trading will be pushed into the unemployment market.

We can't have our cake and eat jt.

If we get it to $300 we should be dancing in the streets. Let's favour the possible over the highly improbable. We all know Nigerians don't have the stomach ( pun intended) to sacrifice their imported but mainly nonsensical foreign tastes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by trendytrendz: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2017
greenpasture:

Look the only way that is going to happen is if the reserves are allowed to reach say $100bn. But guess what? It cant. Why? Because we insist on the foreign over the local and because an entire segment of Nigerian that lives off importation and trading will be pushed into the unemployment market.

If we get it to $300 we should be dancing in the streets. Let's favour the possible over the highly improbable. We all know Nigerians don't have the stomach ( pun intended) to sacrifice their imported but mainly nonsensical foreign tastes.
is it a Nigerian made phone you used to type this epistle?

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2017
trendytrendz:
is it a Nigerian made phone you used to type this epistle?

No it isn't but it is a four year old BlackBerry. There are two ways to cutting fx demand
1. If there is a domestic substitute to a foreign brand, buy it.
2. If there is no local substitute, buy foreign but use it for as long as possible, not following fads and fashions.

The implicit error in your statement is polarity; using "either or" as an argument. Life doesn't work that way. In my house we measure how much local v. Foreign we buy. We assess ourselves not based on absolutes but on ratios. In domestic equipment we are still only 15% local but on food and consumables we are 70%. Last year we were 45%. Next year we want to cross to 80%. As an upper middle class family we aren't doing too badly but we can do better.

This is a practical, deliberate and intentional way to live by values and at the same time help our country and the perception of our children.

Every major axis power country was forced into rationing during ww1 and ww2 and they built domestic industries based on this. We are also in a war - a war for our children's fututre.

The value of the Naira is in the hands of Nigerians and not just the government. Our love if prestige and swag consign us to dollar poverty. No government can change that.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by EvilMetahuman: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2017
[s]
greenpasture:

[/s]
Same old crappy excuse to deceive the gullible.
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by jumper524(m): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2017
Remimadrid:
saddist how far?
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by jumper524(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2017
greenpasture:

No it isn't but it is a four year old BlackBerry. There are two ways to cutting fx demand
1. If there is a domestic substitute to a foreign brand, buy it.
2. If there is no local substitute, buy foreign but use it for as long as possible, not following fads and fashions.

The implicit error in your statement is polarity; using "either or" as an argument. Life doesn't work that way. In my house we measure how much local v. Foreign we buy. We assess ourselves not based on absolutes but on ratios. In domestic equipment we are still only 15% local but on food and consumables we are 70%. Last year we were 45%. Next year we want to cross to 80%. As an upper middle class family we aren't doing too badly but we can do better.

This is a practical, deliberate and intentional way to live by values and at the same time help our country and the perception of our children.

Every major axis power country was forced into rationing during ww1 and ww2 and they built domestic industries based on this. We are also in a war - a war for our children's fututre.

The value of the Naira is in the hands of Nigerians and not just the government. Our love if prestige and swag consign us to dollar poverty. No government can change that.
ur being too intelligent for that guy. 4get him he's a sadist he must complain..
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]
Same old crappy excuse to deceive the gullible.

To each his own; to the one, considered argument to another rash tomfoolery without the ability to counter simple arguments.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by EvilMetahuman: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2017
greenpasture:

To each his own; to the one, considered argument to another rash tomfoolery without the ability to counter simple arguments.
have countered it 100s of times.

It just won't go away.
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by chichijas(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2017
Remimadrid:

40 NAIRA?

guyman na 1naira oo
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by marvin902(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2017
for once abeg go below 200 undecided undecided
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by ottohan: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2017
we shuld just pray that it doesn'nt go beyond that...
because since dem born me...
I neva see naira depreciate
Re: Naira Closes At N362 As Cbn Injects $547m by ottohan: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2017
we shuld just pray that it doesn'nt go beyond that...
because since dem born me...
It has always been moving up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buyers/dealers /distributors Wanted For Soya Beans Sale / Top 5 Money Books By Nigerian Authors / How To Bypass $100 Bank Monthly Limits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.