Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada (43740 Views)

Adey Orla Bags PhD In Biomedical Engineering From University Of Saskatchewan / Nigerian Teenager Is Starting Her Phd In Biomedical Engineering In US University / Prostrating Patiently To Get PhD: The Guardian Review of "What It Takes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by ebosie11(f): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dr. Adebola Olubamiji, the first black person to receive a PHD from University of Saskatchewa, Canada shared her success Story on FB and urged Nigerians to be bold & innovative.

We love when our very own succeeds and excels. The beauty about success stories is that it inspires us to do better and be better. Some stories are inspiring and Adebola’s success story is one of them.

Read and be motivated....

My name is Dr. Adeola D. Olubamiji and I’m the first black person to have received a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada (5th of June, 2017). My Bachelors degree was in Physics from OOU. Because I had a 2.1, it opened the door for me to proceed to Finland for a Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering. During this masters degree, I worked part-time as a cleaner and did this after my Masters as well. Out of determination, I applied to over 100 schools for my PhD and finally got a full 3 year scholarship (later extended to 4 years scholarship) at University of Saskatchewan, Canada  to pursue a PhD in Biomedical Engineering. While in that PhD program, I worked part-time as a makeup artist and seller at Sephora Canada, I braided hair and weaves for students, did tutoring jobs and teaching assistant jobs to make extra money. This journey wasn’t easy but it’s now paying off. I currently work as a Lead Metallurgical / Material Engineer in an Aerospace Manufacturing Company here in Canada.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/06/nigerian-lady-becomes-first-black.html

78 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by ebosie11(f): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2017

9 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by ebosie11(f): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
ebosie11:
More
more

5 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by GloriaNinja(f): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
undecided CONGRATS TO HER, SHE MADE HISTORY JUST LIKE INTELLIGENT IGBO SCHOLARS DO ABROAD IN TERMS OF LITERARY AND OTHER STUFF.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Evablizin(f): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congrats to you virtuous and hardworking lady,truly hardwork pays, but op must you put yoruba,nawa for you oooo what will happen if you put nigerian lady in place of yoruba

13 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Yorubas have always shown excellence in whatever they do.Congrats to her,my sister from another family. grin My own story still dey load.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by madridguy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Why " Yoruba " Why not Nigerian?

Congratulation Dr. Adebola Olubamiji

10 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by seunlly(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
When Yoruba's are making it in life some arewa youths are busy protesting in order to deploy Igbo people and IPOB youths are busy roaming the street fighting for a country they will not be given.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by baby124: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congratulations!
Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Damn!!!

I had tears in my eyes reading her post, this is inspiring. We are so proud of you Missy. kiss kiss kiss

Ibadan kini shoo tongue

Oya Rola, time to quit nairaland yaff come. We gasts redraw our plans. sad angry angry

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by decatalyst(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
A lot of nairalandsnairalands have done the below and silently walked away... grin

I didn't mention names like NCAN grin

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by NairalandCS(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Name Checked and Confirmed.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by lenghtinny(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
seunlly:
When Yoruba's are making it in life some arewa youths are busy protesting in order to deploy Igbo people and IPOB youths are busy roaming the street fighting for a country they will not be given.
It's deport not deploy...
I don't know why you and your likes are always looking for opportunities to start tribal wars on every thread undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by lenghtinny(m): 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided CONGRATS TO HER, SHE MADE HISTORY JUST LIKE INTELLIGENT IGBO SCHOLARS DO ABROAD IN TERMS OF LITERARY AND OTHER STUFF.
And who told you she made history so that she can compete with the igbos undecided

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nogodye(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Yeah! Afonja all the way...we are proud of you.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
kiss smiley ANY NCAN BUS COMING TO THIS THREAD WILL GET ACCIDENT cheesy grin

OUR DEVELOPERS!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Amberon11: 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by NwaAmaikpe: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
angry

I would have made her my babymama if not for her tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by mckazzy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
A fat congratulations to you dear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by besticality: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Our brothers from the Yeast will not be Happy. grin

9 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by dustydee: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
In Canada? Nairaland can lie oh. Even the lady didn't make such claim.
Seun your misinformation crew are at it again.
My name is Dr. Adeola D. Olubamiji and I’m the first black person to have received a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada (5th of June, 2017).

3 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by goshen26: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good one
Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Freshsnoow1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
For you cartoon contact me.. Or whatsapp me 08169177163

1 Like

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by LexngtonSteele: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
IPOB youths now.... cry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by obeyizy(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dat university name tho

1 Like

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by engrlarex(m): 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:

e b lyk say the borehoe wey dey between ur lap dey make ur brain leak.
shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Okay
Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
I hate the fact that Nairaland has made me always look out for the next tribe... it's just always irritating that if this was sum1 from the "We all know region" they will claim on how they are better off than the rest of us,on how to they
were the best in all area..

I just hope, the owners of this message rare gem, won't also do the same thing, acting arrogant, forming a the " better than them" attitude we know the others for.. let's always celebrate these people as Nigerians and not as Tribalist.
I know say to some people I make sense, to the rest, pls go take a plunge in the Lagoon.

16 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Brooke60(f): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Tribalism has killed this forum.Smh

5 Likes

Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by austinoeze(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Wow
Re: Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada by Dollabiz: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lies.many blacka has done it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / Shocker: Nigerian University Where Students Defecate In The Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.