Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Experience With A Corporate Begger - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A Corporate Begger (25098 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by koropotopoto: 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
eagleonearth:
kikikiki grin grin you even try part with #700
omo buh true true, na bae make you troway that money, na lie? wink
you're not far from the truth sha. but on a normal day without bae
i do good cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
every well-dressed Lagosian trekking is familiar with this lines:....ejoor just 50 card, ....20, just 20 pls

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by eagleonearth(m): 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
unipol:

They are not beggers, they are hustlers, many of them works there. I met a lady who friendly advised me on how to package my luggages at departure section and later I bought her food, this same lady told me that her husband is late but non of her colleagues know, that they all think she has a living husband. I was like what for. only to discover from her colleagues that she is still living with her husband. She is just trying to double her hustle.
this is no longer funny, this people get mind oo. such a woman can eliminate the husband then, if an opportunity presents itself.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Wizywiz(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
Encountered dem twice.. Funny enough.. I was on my way back one evening.. A man and woman with a child.. Approached me probably they are couples. Started telling me dey are going to aba from pH.. They are stranded. Bla Bla.. Felt pity. Gave dem 1k.. Imagine same couple after three days.. Still evening dis time by 8pm dey approached me on d road while I was coming back.. Probably dey didn't recognize Me as a result of my dressing.. Same old going to aba.. Mehn I was angry I had to scold dem. Imagine dem shame dey left with.. Using an innocent child to beg.. A full fledged man and woman... Dem full pH.. Since den I don't even answer anyone on such.. U can't trust anyone.. Moreover d days are evil

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by ochardbaby(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
one day na so i dey form jandoooo....not knowing say na james bond dey near me.......clear me like jagajaga. By the time i enter Ttantalizers,na then i realised say all things are new.

Wetting save me, be say i give my bae some gift of cash,imagine after all the cash, phone and gbobgo dedene, she still say she must eat tantalizers, na she end up paying our bills and she come follow me to Sh hotel go collect all the money times 200% hahahahah.

Since then i always have two telephone numbers of my siblings saved inside my ogbonge pocket.

You can actually differentiate a pro beggar and un-usual beggar, pro no get feelings, begging na them song...the lyrics na easy for them,like Mayweather and boxing. The stranded beggar ,,,shooooo he/she go be like God,where i go start ? who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by emmylight4u: 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
My experience is affecting my relationship now... I and my bae went for a youth program organised by my church while we were approaching my ride and taking pictures an elderly woman walk up to me for tp immediately I told her I don't ve cos i kniw that they will always approach a guy with a lady only for my gf to pick offence at that .... I tried to explain to her that this woman is a corporate berger but she insisted that I had no regard for elders I had to add that this is a youth program and as such what's an elderly woman doing here and the church equally made provision for buses to all destinations since then we never talk cordially. I even accepted that I was wrong yet the situation gets worse.....corporate berger killing my relationship

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by oshorstan(f): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
they many for Uniben sports complex
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 09, 2017
I try to listen to my intuition now and no longer let these people take advantage​ of my kindness.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Opiletool(m): 3:21am On Jun 09, 2017
NextGovernor:
What I simply do is. Enter motor let me drop you where you are going or better still let me go pay for a bus for you. If you use this method them go move...

"enter motor" is a very bad decision sir. Don't ever try giving them a lift o, be cautious!
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by streetzdreamz(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2017
lols, stepped out to buy suya and on my way back, met this guy well dressed by the express,told me he is going to the next town and stranded,asked him how much the fare was and he said 500bucks, gave him all I had on me which was the change from the aboki guy, 300bucks! nigga took the money from me and didn't say a word,wasn't expecting a thank you so I moved away, turned around and saw this nigga looking at me with disdain as though I was the beggar and he the philanthropist weighing the odds if I needed help or not,just smiled to myself and took a walk......... beggars now feel they got choices this days, wonder why they ain't riding yet.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by talk2aikay(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2017
A lady approached me and for transport from Awka to Enugu, Knowing she was a con artist I called an agbero that knows me and asked him to put her on the next bus to Enugu dat I will pay. The woman got furious and started abusing me, I just smiled and asked her to leave my presence before I'll order the boys to touch her a little. It was hilarious

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by cooljude(m): 8:08am On Jun 09, 2017
3RNEST:

Good point but next time don't beg use this method to find your way home...

Your present location take a cab When you get there stop a bike man ask him to give u money to pay the cab man..now enter the bike to your final destination when u get there call your friends or family member to give you cash to pay the bike man... Simple logic u are out instead of begging for TP....

lol. If you don't know FUTO or Owerri, you better keep quiet. You think sey Na Lagos, where would you see bike abi cab to take you to FUTO by 9pm. For your Information Mr know-all, FUTO is located far away from the main town.

I have never begged publicly until June 7 2012 and I pray never to experience such a thing again.

Finally you ended your useless and stupid reply by saying "simple logic" without your dead and congealed brain having a clue of the peculiarities of my situation. Any FUTO student or graduate would understand how useless and f0olish your suggestions would be to someone stranded in Douglas road by 9pm. For your information dumb-fvck, bikes are not allowed in Owerri town.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by 3RNEST(m): 8:41am On Jun 09, 2017
cooljude:

lol. If you don't know FUTO or Owerri, you better keep quiet. You think sey Na Lagos, where would you see bike abi cab to take you to FUTO by 9pm. For your Information Mr know-all, FUTO is located far away from the main town.

I have never begged publicly until June 7 2012 and I pray never to experience such a thing again.

Finally you ended your useless and stupid reply by saying "simple logic" without your dead and congealed brain having a clue of the peculiarities of my situation. Any FUTO student or graduate would understand how useless and f0olish your suggestions would be to someone stranded in Douglas road by 9pm. For your information dumb-fvck, bikes are not allowed in Owerri town.
Why all this insult upadan..i was trying to make a simple suggestion u re there insulting on a faceless forum...

U lack sense of humor like seriously try and reset your brain to factory settings...

Good day!! grin
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by cooljude(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2017
3RNEST:

Why all this insult upadan..i was trying to make a simple suggestion u re there insulting on a faceless forum...

U lack sense of humor like seriously try and reset your brain to factory settings...

Good day!! grin

As I said earlier on, you have to factor the local conditions and peculiarities of a place before you give a suggestion that is not feasible. What would work in USA might not work in Nigeria same as what would work in Lagos might not work in Owerri. Their is no humour in your post, and I responded likewise to clear off the ignorance and lack of practicality from your unworkable idea wrt to Owerri.

Even if I choose to work with your clueless suggestion, it would cost me more than 200 times back then as an undergraduate. If the clock were to be rewind, I would choose the same action but this time, I would ask from a fellow student and I would pay him/her back immediately we are on campus. Mind you, any time I visit Owerri Town, I buy Orange alot in other to support that little gesture of kindness I received.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Elnida: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2017
Allylic:
Hmmm. ..don't be quick to judge..I remember d day I Went for an occasion with all my paparazzi. .A friend took me to d place Bt on my way back,I found out dat I didn't carry my bag from his car and I left my purse in the bag.had to beg for tfare. Imagine from suleja to gwarinpa...dat day ws not funny ..I couldn't cry sef

was dat d occasion wif ur paparazzi at DP? cool
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Allylic(f): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
Elnida:

was dat d occasion wif ur paparazzi at DP? cool
...no...d one at my dp Ws our party grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
Remember the day I returned home after school break few years back. At the bus terminal, this razz hippie-like man walked up to me to ask for a little something to go back to Togo.

This Negro was using 'American accent' for me sha.. I asked him how come his accent is that of an American but he is 'Togolese'?
The dummy now switched to French, telling me gibberish like 'Palez vous, moi francais , Lome' and some other fvxking French words.
I just smiled and told him, I have nothing to help him with but he should try someone else.
Then he said 'merci boku, Monsieur ' or some sh!t like that.
What a Junkie. I just kept on laughing inside

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by happen2: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
They are every where now. The last one I gave was 1k in my street and my wife nearly kill me grin.

I like to give but corporate beggers are the problem.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
femadesh:
grin

saw your message. i cant reply. i dont know why. the email is bouncing back.
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by abolajidammy: 2:06am On Mar 14, 2018
oh God of heaven should just save us in this Nigeria, have had countless experiencs , but the recent one that annoy me was during fuel scarcity wey me dey hussle my ass, one man come stay for buststop dey talk to me say him dey travel, I dip my hand for pocket give am 1h, him still dey tell me if I didn't hear wat he said that he traveling, I now beging to wonder if I am d one that sent him wher he is going, I actually think dey are using jazz if not dey won't b such confident in dictating how much dey want......but as shap guy I just tell am dats all I have
Re: My Experience With A Corporate Begger by cedlinx: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2019
A guy met me at Obanikoro bus stop and claimed he was going to Sango Ota, but was outta cash. He didn't know I was going to Iyana Ipaja which is on the way to Sango. Then I said it's okay, I'm headed that way. I knew we'll get Molue from there to Iyana Ipaja at N50 each and from there, it'll be easy going to Sango. So I promised to pay for him down to Iyana Ipaja and also pay his fare from there to Sango. He said OK (probably thought I was bluffing). When the molue arrived, I called guy man to hop in. Then he said nope. He'll like to go through Oshodi and would therefore prefer cash. I tried to explain that my route was best, most cost effective and shorter. My guy insisted, so I hopped in and we left without him. Imagine that!

Another day, a young woman approached me with similar claims, I told her I had a car and would take her as far as I can since I was going that way. I was actually going about half her trip. She probably thought I was bluffing and followed me to my car. After driving about 1km, she asked to abort. Why? I asked but she simply didn't want to proceed. So I stopped and she got out. This has happened twice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Trades At ₦1,520 Per Dollar / Seplat ‘Majestic’ Oil Rig Collapses In Delta, One Dies, 3 Missing / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.