Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,383 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister (572 Views)

See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira / Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria / See The Current Prices Of Commodities In Nigeria - Vanguard's Consumer Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister by Nagisa: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
The Agriculture Minister, Audu Ogbeh who is also the chairman of the presidential task force on soaring prices of foodstuffs has disclosed that food prices will drop within the next two weeks.

The Agric Minister made this known dueing an interview with Leadership.

Audu Ogbeh during the interview noted that the prices of rice and other food stuffs would fall while stating the efforts of the federal government in easing life for the citizens.

He said: “The federal government will intervene on the prices of rice and other commodities in the next two weeks. Details of the intervention would be spelt out for all Nigerians.

“We are talking to farmers to ensure that the prices are drastically reduced. Government has also put in place different measures aimed at making farming encouraging. Although the high price is bad for non-farmers, it is good for the country because more and more people will rush to agriculture.

“At the end of it all, production will increase and prices will necessarily fall.”

Share with friends:

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/prices-rice-fall-two-weeks-agric-minister/#o6cvB7EvieD8CBk7.99

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister by calberian: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
We hear you.

So, if it does fall, y'all will come out and say y'all told us so.

Problem is, on the flipside, if it doesn't fall, y'all never ever take the blame.

Bunch of gamblers y'all are.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister by pafra(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please wake me up when a bag of rice become N10000
I am not asking for too much
Re: Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister by Mcreloaded(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
First of all remove the agberos or touts or people coecting money on behalf of government from markets in the name if generating revenue and see if there won't be a difference
Re: Prices Of Rice, Other Foodstuffs To Fall In Two Weeks – Agric. Minister by temitope277(m): 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
praise God

Garri is nw 300 in my area

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Akpu & Good Soup / Q / Supermarkets Welcome To My World Add Kitchen, Bakery Butchery To Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.