Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria (75906 Views)

How Much For A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Okfiscal(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Base on the recent closure of Nigeria Borders by the administration of president buhari muhammadu, the price of foriengn price found in the country has skyrocketed into somewhat unbearable.

Rice which is popular food many can’t do with in Nigeria and even in the world wide owing to the fact that rice can be easily prepared. Biologically rice belong of the family of cereal crops and it’s the famous member of the family, rice is harvested as a seed of the grass species scientifically known as oryza sativa.In Nigeria many believe and prefer rice as a must serve food in ceremonies such as marriage,burial, naming and birthday celebrations.

Rice can be prepared and served neither as a Jollof rice, Coconut rice, Fried rice, Banga rice and white rice- which requires you to prepare a very delicious stew which will give it a great taste whenever you are eating.

However, these rice comes in different sizes packages ranging from 5kg to 50k which are sold for different prices and are dependent on the brand, color and quality of the produce.
Having discuss little about value and size of rice,let now discuss the lastest price of rice in Nigeria.

Lastest Price Of Rice
The price of rice in Nigeria has never been stable. It is always fluctuating, these fluctuation can be seasonal or can be as a result of exchange rates (at the time Nigeria was still a major importer of rice). For example in 2017 50kg of rice was sold for about #30,000 naira(Thirty Thousand Naira) which later drop to #16,000(Sixteen Thousand Naira) you can see the variation!

However, the quest of the present government administration to promote locally made product by placing embargo on importation of foreign rice. Has resulted in the readily and evenly availability of locally rice throughout the country.
Despite the availability of locally made rice in the country at low price not everybody likes to eat locally made rice, people still crave for foriengn rice.

Below are list of foreign rice which somehow are still available in Nigeria market:

PRICES OF MAMA GOLD RICE IN NIGERIA
Mama Gold rice produces in Thailand which has dominanted Nigeria market is a popular brand of rice in the country. Many people prefer Mama gold rice because it is doesn’t require much time to be cooked and it also contains low starch percent which make it healthy to human body. Mama gold rice comes in different sizes and prices accordingly. This rice is available in several markets across the country, including the popular Daleko market in Lagos.

Mama gold rice price according to package size;
Mama Gold 50kg Rice – N26,000 to N28,000 (depending on the market).

Mama Gold 25kg Rice – N13,500 to N14,500 (depending on the market)

Mama Gold 10kg Rice – N4,500 to N5,000 (depending on the market).

PRICES OF ROYAL STALLION RICE IN NIGERIA
Royal stallion rice is a well sought-after rice brand due to the quality and neatness of it’s grains. Marketed by stallion group of companies, these company also have good reputation in marketing of other products such as automobile and household items. Royal stallion rice dominate country such as Thailand, Vietnam, India, Brazil and the United States of America.
Price of Royal stallion rice accord to packages size
Royal Stallion 50kg Rice – N26,500 to N27,500 (depending on the market)

Royal Stallion 25kg Rice – N13,000 to N14,000 (depending on the market)

Royal Stallion 10kg Rice – N4,000 to N4,500 (depending on the market).

PRICE OF RICE MASTER RICE IN NIGERIA

Rice Master rice, these rice really concur to it’s brand name because it’s great taste and unique grain color. These rice really dominated nigeria market for some time. Master rice is readily available in nigeria market for affordable price not until embargo was placed on importation of foriengn rice.

Price of master price according to packages size
Rice Master 50kg Rice = N26,000 — N27,000
Rice Master 25kg Rice = N13,000 — N13,500

PRICE OF CAPRICE RICE IN NIGERIA

Caprice rice is arguably the cheapest rice in the country. Despite its low cost, its quality is on the increase while its delicious taste continues to wow Nigerians.

In fact, Caprice rice is one of the most sought-after brands in many states of the federation.
Caprice price according to packages size
Caprice 50kg Rice = N25,000 — N27,000

Caprice 25kg Rice = N12,500 — N13,000.

PRICE OF FALCON RICE
Falcon rice is produces in the United States, comes in various grain size- medium, long and whole grain rice. Although the rice is not a commonly eaten specie but is growing in popularity, especially among Nigerians who have spent some time in the United States of America
Unlike other rice product falcon rice only comes in 25kg package size.
Price (25kg) – N13,000 to N14,000.

PRICE OF BASMATI RICE
Basmati Rice isn’t that popular but it fast gaining attention from many people who believe the rice is good for fat people because the rice contains low sugar content. It also have wonderful taste and attractive look. It has just one size pack which is the 5kg.

It is mainly seen in Super markets, however, handful of its pack could be found in local markets in some part of the country. It is sold at the rate of N 5,500 or N6,200

CURRENT PRICE OF LOCALLY MADE RICE IN NIGERIA.
PRICE OF TOMATO CITY RICE
Tomato city rice is certified by the nafeda agency of federal republic of nigeria, the rice has a unique brown color which make more attractive if prepared as a jollof rice.
Price of tomato city rice 50kg# 17,000.

PRICE OF OFADA RICE
Ofada rice is locally-made product, Ofada Rice is produced and packaged in Ogun state — Southwest region of the country. Similar to Ofada rice can be found in some rice producing state in the north (kebbi state) and the southeast(ebonyi state)and in some other states.

Ofada rice which is named after Ofada town in Ogun state, is an affordable brand of rice which give an average Nigerian the opportunity to eat rice anytime he/she feels like.
Ofada rice is the most common rice average people living in the country[url][/url] eat. though, the elites also find pleasure in consuming Ofada rice in restaurants and fast-food joints.
Price of ofada rice according to packages size
5kg size of Ofada rice is sold between N2,500 and N3,000.

Source;https://okfiscal.com/lastest-price-of-bag-of-rice-in-nigeria/

Comment below on the current price of rice in your location

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by ziegurf(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Citizens of this country are not yet ready to protest against buharis leadership maybe it's because they're still seeing 2meals per day without health issues or house rent issues....until they start receiving it hotter that's when they'll come out enmass to protest against this bad/tyrannical leadership in this country,

how can you just suddenly woke up from asleep and placed barn on some of the things that you can't even be boast of producing to reach the demand of the masses..... Buhari please before you accept the banning of some imported products.....be sure enough that you have produced enough of it locally,

...even here in Europe so many countries are still importing even things they're producing locally

Buhari what's wrong with your way of thinking....who're those piloting you to be very wicked to the masses of the country you're leading

People are dying in hunger/hardship and you kept deaf ear to their plea and plights....I can't believe it that you're still negotiating about 30k minimum wage saga with the people that allowed you to rig their votes to enthroned you for the second term ......Buhari why

Please who have his direct phone number/social media account should release it to me ASAP

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Officialgarri: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
ziegurf:
Citizens of this country are not yet ready to protest against buharis leadership maybe it's because they're still seeing 2meals per day without health issues or house rent issues....until they start receiving it hotter that's when they'll come out enmass to protest against this bad/tyrannical leadership in this country,

how can you just suddenly woke up from asleep and placed barn on some of the things that you can't even be boast of producing to reach the demand of the masses..... Buhari please before you accept the banning of some imported products.....be sure enough that you have produced enough of it locally,

...even here in Europe so many countries are still importing even things they're producing locally

Buhari what's wrong with your way of thinking....who're those piloting you to be very wicked to the masses of the country you're leading

People are dying in hunger/hardship and you kept deaf ear to their plea and plights....I can't believe it that you're still negotiating about 30k minimum wage saga with the people that allowed you to rig their votes to enthroned you for the second term ......Buhari why

Please who have his direct phone number/social media account should release it to me ASAP
On behalf of all Nairalanders, we will not let you embarrass us with your grammar on a public scale. We hereby channel the protest against your English.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by ziegurf(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
Officialgarri:

On behalf of all Nairalanders, we will not let you embarrass us with your grammar on a public scale. We hereby channel the protest against your English.

I already knew that loyalists like you won't like this and must come up to quote me.....Mr correct English teacher

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by firstolalekan(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
I just bought half bag of rice for 15k at DALEKO market, Lagos.

It will never be well with this EVIL and WICKED government.

Nigeria is not producing enough rice that can go round at the moment, WHY CLOSE BORDERS FOR IMPORTATIONS?

A sensible government that means well for the people will first all saturate the market with plenty rice before taking such decision.

U.S.A today doesn't really produce crude oil but, they have the largest reserves of crude oil in the world.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by abkrgumel(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
grin Now you can eat rice on my wedding day

2 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by firstolalekan(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by olujastro: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
Las las, the average Nigerian na scam if given the opportunity.
Same local rice they were selling for between 10-15k per 50kg bag suddenly skyrocketed to over 20k after border closure.
Some are even re-bagging local rice in foreign bags to sell for 25k.
The exact definition of what being smart means in Nigeria .....the kind of negative smartness that has kept the country underdeveloped for decades.

Truth is, many Nigerians are not really angry about corruption and stealing of public funds, they're only angry that they're not the ones benefiting from the corruption.

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by sylve11: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
Make i drop Fela Odoo lyrics here:

The reason suffer our suffer
He don dey show him face to us
When black man want to start business, na big wahala
Na big wahala, he go run orisirisi running
When he start the business nko? Another wahala
Another wahala, he go beg orisirisi begging
To settle wahala, na to start wahala again
To start wahala again you go fall orisirisi falling

And things don come change again
Soldier don put everybody for reverse
Na back the country take dey walk
Na back the country take dey walk

If them wan to knock your head
Eh-eh, na from back o
If them wan to knock your head
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to run, be running
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to run, be running
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to beg, be begging
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to beg, be begging
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to fall, be falling
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to fall, be falling
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to get wahala
Eh-eh, na from back o
If you wan to get wahala
I say, na from back o
If anybody wan to try to run forward
Soldier boots go kick am back
Eh-eh, na from back o

Ah! Oya, pass o and wen
Pass o, pass o, pass o, pass o...

[Chorus]
Wen!

Ah! Oya, second bass... pop!

My friend wan come buy fan
Him dey sweat for him dey sleep for room
Him dey for level O3
The fan na seventy-five naira
My friend him dey follow salary
Him dey try to save and save and save
Every time he nearly buy the fan
Government go add ten naira more
Every time he nearly buy the fan
Government go start one activity
Till the fan reach two hundred naira
My friend nearly die, he never die

My friend he no wan die
Die-die no dey for him dictionary
For where? Huh...
Him dey try to save and save again
Him save for one year and six months
Inside cupboard
Under pillow
Under, under cooking pot
Inside socks
Under carpet
Him dey on his way to buy the fan
When alarm come blow

[Fela vocalizes a police siren]

Government announce second tier
Everything come tear to pieces
Everything come expensive
Even water become expensive

Second bass, jare... pop!

Fan don become seven hundred naira
Me and my friend start to look ourselves
He remain small make my friend dey cry
Na laugh laugh he catch monkey
Na now he come understand him life
Enjoyment can never come him way
Na now him life dey go reverse
In Africa, him fatherland
One more time...

Fela nor lie at all, the baba na Prophet........... cool

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by BUSHHUNTER: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
And the goro eater for aso rock dey eat imported rice

21 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by abescom: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
ziegurf:

Maybe because most Nigerians are sensible and know that the damage the past administrations caused us will take a while to repair.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by yeyeboi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nigeria Don Kalas

Imagine Locally Made Rice This Expensive When Before This Government Foreign Rice Was 12k

3 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
sad
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by realstars: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
After buhari's first rule to Abacha. Rice was a Christmas to Christmas food, now buhari' is here again and Christmas is at hand, what will be the next? We need to think now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Divay22(f): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Tomato rice here in warri is 27,000 28,000
But it's fine thou
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by omoiyamayor(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nigeria lazy youth only good with Internet, how do you contribute to Nigeria? You can only complain and complain that's it.good for nothing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
ziegurf:
Citizens of this country are not yet ready to protest against buharis leadership maybe it's because they're still see

keep wailing. let them import thru the seaports not through cotonou and idiroko

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Mays24(f): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Can't believe a day will come that rice will go into extinction in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Coscharis Rice 50Kg = N15500

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by 24kmagic: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
K
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by PureGoldh(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
We need to connect to the chef(s) in Aso Rock so that we will know the one that Presido eats..

Meanwhile if you Need Pure Original HOney.. Call. Or whatsapp 0 8 10166 677 1

1 Like

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Muhylonaire(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
We country
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by abkrgumel(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
ziegurf:

I already knew that loyalists like you won't like this and must come up to quote me.....Mr correct English teacher
Children of hate start their hatred from womb what do you expect from those who celebrate bad news

6 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by BabaCommander: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Just bought a bag today for 24k, though most stores were saying 25k ladt price.

Dunno whether it's a good move by the govt or not.

But I think Buhari did this now with December in mind.
He wants to avoid doing it in December to avoid being accused of being anti Christian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by dadebayo1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
We have not seen anything yet..

1 Like

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
I bought one bag yesterday for 15k in Wuse Market.

5 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by lyriclekidd(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Naso
Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by KingGBsky(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
abescom:
Maybe because most Nigerians are sensible and know that the damage the past administrations caused us will take a while to repair.

I think it will take until Buhari’s death before things will change. Nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
ziegurf:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Is rice the only food in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria by Oduduwa707: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Officialgarri:

Guy, gbenu e soun. Focus on the message! angry

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Plate Of Food I Got For 1500 In An Eatery. The Fish Alone Is 1k / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures / Lagosians Begging In Front Of Lekki Estate (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.