Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) (477 Views)

Why You Don't Have Power - (A Drabble And Tall Tale) / Baby And Me - A Crime Story / Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
So today in our group, Writers Connect, we're to write a drabble
Drabble is a 100 word story
Genre: Crime
Theme: Arrogance

Someone got it wrong, some have not submitted but read and enjoy.

Meanwhile to join our whatsapp group contact me at 08183323098

You don't have to be an expert.
Re: Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Divepen (Akíntayo Akínjídé)

Johnson stared at Ireti, his partner, and sighed.' This is really bad'.
' Really.. Bad'.

'We are filing this case inconclusive?'
' This world... It revolves in sorrow', Ireti said and gulped down her beer.

Johnson inhaled sharply and crumbled into his seat. 'It was you'.
' She slept with my husband...'

' You make that statement regularly. How did I miss that?'

She winked and rose from her seat. ' Well, I told you I was the smarter one . No one will ever know. You... You'll die of heart attack'.

She glanced at his empty bottle and scoffed.
Re: Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Bear with him

Vincent

She must be made of steel. Lara.

But she is my kryptonite.

The very sight of her sends ripples down my spine, like I'm some helpless lump of jelly. Each day, I watch her from behind my windows as she jogs past.

Like clockwork she never misses the time, and watching her run is like witnessing a miracle wrapped in spandex.

For three months I watched Lara; a quivering mass of fleshy jelly behind the windows.

They said she's got no heart, and unapologetically arrogant.

But today I am stepping out of hiding.

Today, let me die trying.

"Hello Lara...".

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
Repogirl( Peju Amadi)

What should a girl do for a decent guy to put a ring on her finger?

I was awesome, great education, good job, from an upper class family. I was a great catch but the perfect guy always eluded me.

Men were not genuine, the closest I’d gotten to husband material was Tochi. He had been a good guy but I couldn't marry a guy who earned less than I did. What kind of husband would that be? My closest friend Ada had adviced I dump him but then, she’d gotten​ engaged to him soon after, so I murdered her.
Re: Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Larabae ( Omolara Badru)

The breeze swiped through my face gently as I jogged. I ran my schedule for the day in my mind as my feet moved rhythmically. I stopped abruptly and frowned, wondering who dared interrupt my time of zen.

"Hello Lara'.

I looked towards the place the sound came from. It belonged to a mad scientist. As I moved closer to the house, I craned my neck to look at the lawn that hadn't been mowed. Suddenly, a scream pierced my ear. I realized later that it was mine even as my eyes couldn't move from the mangled body.
Re: Crime Is Involved ( Drabble-100 words) by Divepen1(m): 6:44am On Jun 09, 2017
Himbledbygrace

procellous thunderstorms wakes me from my slumber, lightening strikes and I feel an urge to swallow.
My throat feels like a volcano just erupted. I use my left hand to try and soothe the pain, and my finger collides with lava. I know its my blood.
I clear my throat and an excruciating pain stops me from breathing altogether.
I search for answers with my eyes while holding my breath.
Its pitch black.
A sharp object is thrust deep in my left breast, another one follows. And I hear grunting sounds of a man scorned.
I have to breath out.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Smashwords Publishing / Lion & The Wise Jackal: African Bedtime Story By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (video) / How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire [part 1]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.