Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry (743 Views)

How To Sell Online Free As A Corps Member / Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price / NYSC Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refund Dowry Of N80,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by KingsCFR: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2017
A Jos Upper Area Court on Thursday dissolved the marriage between 27-year-old Rukayat Ahmed, an NYSC member, and Alkasim Ahmed, following a petition filed by the former.

Rukayat, a resident of Jos, had approached the court seeking the dissolution of the marriage on the grounds that she was no more in love with Alkasim.

The woman, who filed a direct complaint to the court, argued that such separation was permissible in Islamic law, “if the partners are no more in love and therefore unwilling to live together”.

When the case was mentioned on May 25, the husband did not object to Rukayat’s demand.

At the resumption of hearing on the matter on Thursday, the Judge, Yahaya Ahmed, endorsed the separation of the couple and ordered the petitioner to refund the N80,000 paid as dowry by her husband, as applicable in Islamic law.

Rukayat promptly paid the money and walked away a free woman.
Source:http://www.cfrmagazine.com/2017/06/corps-member-divorces-husband-refunds.html?m=1
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by divinehand2003(m): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2017
What about the money spent on the traditional and religious wedding ceremonies? Who will refund that?
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2017
she don c small boy wey dey oil am well for der
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by mikky4764(f): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2017
I know that refunding of dowry is the proper thing to do wen the couple are going their separate ways but it still beat my imagination why dowry should be refunded after the lady must aided the man in so many ways, struggling with him, bearing children for him and all dat.
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by Richdotcom: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2017
mikky4764:
I know that refunding of dowry is the proper thing to do wen the couple are going their separate ways but it still beat my imagination why dowry should be refunded after the lady must aided the man in so many ways, struggling with him, bearing children for him and all dat.

She didn't help him Biko..... how will you call it help when she is doing what happens to be her responsibility?she cooked food, the man worked his ass out to provide for that... both of them ate the food .... how is that one help to the man? She kept the house clean, the man pays the rent love, protect and provides for her.... how is that one now help to the man? She gave birth to children,which happened to be for both of them ..... not one person!!! Na 2 ppl dey get pikin........ and the woman even seems to benefit more from the child in the long run.

Biko change that mentality..... but don't get me wrong returning the dowry is childish anyway, it's like those days when we break up with a girl and then we will ask her to return all we bought for her during the course of the relationship..... na childish anger dey cause all those things.
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by engrpheleeks(m): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Richdotcom:

She didn't help him Biko..... how will you call it help when she is doing what happens to be her responsibility?she cooked food, the man worked his ass out to provide for that... both of them ate the food .... how is that one help to the man? She kept the house clean, the man pays the rent love, protect and provides for her.... how is that one now help to the man? She gave birth to children,which happened to be for both of them ..... not one person!!! Na 2 ppl dey get pikin........ and the woman even seems to benefit more from the child in the long run.

Biko change that mentality..... but don't get me wrong returning the dowry is childish anyway, it's like those days when we break up with a girl and then we will ask her to return all we bought for her during the course of the relationship..... na childish anger dey cause all those things.
No...She has to refund the money because she was bought with a price.
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by Richdotcom: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2017
engrpheleeks:

No...She has to refund the money because she was bought with a price.

Na u talk that one oo... no be me.... lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by mikky4764(f): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
Richdotcom:

I love the way u addressed the issue, but she was disfigured in the process, how abt dat? cheesy
Re: Corps Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Dowry by Richdotcom: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
mikky4764:

I love the way u addressed the issue, but she was disfigured in the process, how abt dat? cheesy

Lol..... disfigured you say?

How much was she earning from the figure before she got married and became "disfigured" .....lol

Besides loosing figure is not the man's fault na? It's a function of her lazy gym forbidding assss and her love for over feeding and big meat..... lol

We've seen women that gave birth and decided to hit the gym, and their shapes even got better by the end of the day.

Eh also the man was disfigured too, don't you know releasing sperm causes men to age quickly and it also causes men to go bald? And it's the over feeding you gave us that makes our stomach enlarge.... lol grin

So who is going to pay who for disfiguring who now?

I just dey talk ooo...... all these nairaland girls should not come and attack ...na play we dey ooo

(1) (Reply)

Corpers Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ahoada East, Rivers State / Stream 1 Or 2: Which Is More Beneficial? / Fff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.