Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,230 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria (20002 Views)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by wman(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
My problem here is we think that "education is all about getting a job."

A lot of people fall prey to this and study courses that they are not interested in.

There is more to education than getting a job.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by burrrnerrr(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
This guy just wasted 5 minutes of my life. Next thread please...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by arowstev2000: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:
I'm completely speechless! Maybe the person below me has something reasonable to say sha.

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me who farted in the picture below? Correct answer will attract a 'blow*job' from me. tongue

I no the person can u chart me
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Teawhy2011: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
Pls,I hold HND in mass comm and certificate in management,but a potential employer required these documents from me; safety certificate,Environmental health certificate. How can I get it?
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by explura: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
I used to rant when I heard graduates could stay more than 5 years without getting a job.. I would always say my case was different, not till it became real when I finished serving.. I had just stayed some months, and it felt like a decade...

I've done a lot of applying and all that and I came to a conclusion that they did us a big minus in school. They didn't tell us the whole truth. They lied that the world would rest on our palms if we studied hard. I was only lucky it wasn't too late to change my entire worldview.

Rather than wait fruitlessly for some fantasy job, I had to think up ways I could truly be happy. I read now with more gusto (till now, I never knew reading could be fun o), do my researches without being pressured from any quarter, participate in voluntary services that make at least a life better and refuse to be depressed because I've not found that fountain that rolls in money at least on a monthly basis.. And you know what, I'm learning a lot about money.. that money really come to those who are really in charge of themselves, who discover a passion and selflessly release themselves to pursue what they really want..

I'm learning that nobody really owes us.. A very close relative will always nag me about getting a job in the civil service , as if it's my birthright... And I'm always like wth.. Must I land a government job to really be considered employed?

Well, rather than spend the bulk of my time searching endlessly for some miracle job(I still believe in miracles tho), I'd rather seek out something, maybe a self-advancement program or render some reasonable service and put my best at it and keep being positive.. Who knows what tomorrow holds? We can only take a step at a time..

But then, dear poster, I understand a little bit of what you are going through.. I only pray you not to give up, as your efforts will yield mind-blowing results in no time.. You could also take this period to look into yourself and discover ways you could truly be happy.. There's more to life than getting a job.. I wish you the best..

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Aromas:

Nice comment, permitted to copy?

It's a free world/internet rather
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by dhantey324(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:
Thirded!

Hian! Ke nke bu Thirded biko?!
And it is forking correct shocked undecided
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by OgahBohz: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wapkoshcom:
Wtf!!! Is happening on the religion section of nairaland angry angry angry
Sh!t the shit av just been posted on my profile.. angry
Forget nairaland and seun is cursed ban and die angry
Too foolish even muslim has their own personal section but Christians don't undecided
Ah swear this is absolute fuckery
I'm a Muslim but this shit ain't worth it....

I swear you are not a Muslim... I am 100%pcnt sure
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by holajeedayy: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
Student125:
First we need to change our orientation in this country
Secondly, our problem in this country is selfishness.
Orientation about many things ranging from
1) discovering what you hav passion for
2) university is not for everybody(mainly for researchers)
3) government cannot provide everything
4) everything is not all about money
5) invest and give the investment time to mature bfre expecting great fortune
6) support partnership, sole proprietorship kills business after the death of the owner.
7) Add urs cuz they are enormous.
Selfishness cuz many people will advice you to learn something and they still want to get free services from you.
goto graphics section and you will c lots of pple looking for free services for their business. imagine looking for free service from someone's business to promote ur business that you want to get profit from.
in fact that's wickedness.
my broda u dey sparkle rubbish ......do u know what it takes or mean to learn ......after 5 good year u cant beat ur chest of ur future.....
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Gofwane(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
Revolva:
grin grin grin nice topic bro cant wait for the next topic...

education without vocational skills n self reliance after graduating is nonsense...you go suffer ehnnnn.......
that's it! Many of the engineering graduates I've come in contact with have no practical skills whatsoever. Some of them don't know the names of simple hand tools.

Not braggin but should I decide to quit my current job, it won't take me a week to get another one because of the practical skills. And yet I'm Still trying to acquire an ND certificate
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Student125(m): 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
holajeedayy:

my broda u dey sparkle rubbish ......do u know what it takes or mean to learn ......after 5 good year u cant beat ur chest of ur future.....
Non of this made any sense to me, please can u b explicit.. 5years blabla s not adding up
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:
I'm completely speechless! Maybe the person below me has something reasonable to say sha.

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me who farted in the picture below? Correct answer will attract a 'blow*job' from me. tongue
u will swallow a huge dick some day
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by alaricsaltzman: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
JSmart4u:

They'll employ you alright,but be ready to recieve peanuts without a proper qualification
Depend on the skills you have bro... Not every skill requires qualification
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by JSmart4u(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Depend on the skills you have bro... Not every skill requires qualification

Up here in south africa,i've seen our very qualified brothers with proper skillset get paid penuts,while those with unqualifed individuals with certificates get paid lots of money. Its too common over here
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by imstrong1: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wapkoshcom:
Wtf!!! Is happening on the religion section of nairaland angry angry angry
Sh!t the shit av just been posted on my profile.. angry
Forget nairaland and seun is cursed ban and die angry
Too foolish even muslim has their own personal section but Christians don't undecided
Ah swear this is absolute fuckery
I'm a Muslim but this shit ain't worth it....
lol saw the same trash on my profile when i attempted to comment on a religious thread , couldn't stand it cos of my religious faith so I deactivated my account though very painful cos I lost my followers, comments and quotes, you are right very biased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by alaricsaltzman: 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
JSmart4u:

Up here in south africa,i've seen our very qualified brothers with proper skillset get paid penuts,while those with unqualifed individuals with certificates get paid lots of money. Its too common over here
I don't know about SA... I know about naija
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by imustsaymymindo: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
UnimkeAk:

Who told u that a person cannot get an education, a passion or skill at the same time.

U guys should stop blaming education for ur lack of foresight to see that the world has evolved.

Having an education, a technical and needed skill (not just any kind of skill) in ur choosen field is the best thing that can happen to any engineering grad.

Op got a lot of skills. He is a good writer, blogger, also innovative and I am sure he got other amazing talents. So, it might not be a skill problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? / Access Bank Plc Fresh Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2016 / Massive Recruitment At Federal Polytechnic Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.